Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Are we closing in on Bigfoot?

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#16    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostJeff Albertson, on 10 December 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

With respect i am new to this form it seems that you do take the skeptics postion. If this is true I am curiouse on your take how could a photo help prove that Bigfoot is a real animal. Photos are antedoltale evidence won't most skeptics just claim a hoax? With improvement in technology comes improvement on being able to fake a bigfoot suit. If patty failed with technology back then how can a photo prove that they exist now? (There is some intresting things for patty and against) It would be intresting to here from the oppisete side (I am not a true beleiver in Bigfoot but I think there might be some intresting evidence that needs further looking in to) .We can apply the Null hypothesis (HO) to best determine if it doesn't exist. With lack of funding to science it will remain in the hands of citizen science so we should apply scientific methods in the search, so if we come up with imperical evidence it will be look at (Hopefully such stunts like Dr. Melba ketchums DNA and Tom Bissacrides bigfoot hoaxes science will still look at any possible impericale evidence presented.)

Because you are new here, you don't know me well enough yet, however I've read your reply several times and I'm not exactly sure what you're asking of me? Have you not watched any of the films made by Dr Jane Goodall on the Chimpanzees or Dr. Dian Fossey's work on Mountain Gorillas or Dr. Birut'e Galdikas' on Orangutans? That's what I'm talking about, not these fuzzy, out of focus "blobsquatch" photos that every village idiot with an IQ of eighty and internet access want to hold up as proof. But rather, clear documentation of interactivity, day to day stuff they do, how they hunt, what they hunt or forage for.....how they mate, how they act in groups or how they act alone.

Currently we have no hard evidence they even exist, oh yeah the foot prints, Dude I can make up a set of fake footprint makers in an afternoon. footprint are anecdotal but not evidence, there is nothing in terms of bodies taken by hunters......yeah there are some guys who claim they shot one but for some inexplicable reason they can't seem to take anyone back to where they buried the body or the body is gone or......and this is my personal favorite.....the porcupines ate my Bigfoot bones. Now, I have encountered just about every kind of skeleton during my hiking and hunting trips in the woods of North America.......except that of a Bigfoot. Now I'm certainly not the final authority on this but no one else has found one either, which has created the running joke about the "Bigfoot Body Recovery Teams".

Fact is after all that, I'm actually open to the possibility that they might be real, but it certainly isn't due to any evidence.....since there isn't any but rather on the accounts of two men whom I know and knew very well, who claimed to have had an encounter. First hand knowledge, not something they read about on the web or a fuzzy picture. So you'll pardon me if I don't all wet and drippy over what some idiot's really bad picture or a foot cast. Real evidence, show it to me and I assure you, you will have my complete attention.

#17    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 3,446 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostBNDGK, on 10 December 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Well, what if this "Bigfoot" just didnt want to be found. Do we really think we could find it/them if they/it didnt want us to?

They are large animals with apparently large brains. They need lots of food and water. They need large shelters every day. They sleep. They crap. They have to leave traces. Animals this large are not easily hidden.

and who is to say that there isn't an entire population of  these things? I think that they would obviously be smart enough to evade such creatures as us.

Even creatures as smart as us haven't been able to evade us. Fugitives with survival skills have tried to evade capture by living in the forests for months in the hope that authorities would give up. The first thing they learn is there isn't a lot of food out there most of the year. Second, they learn that if you don't build a fire, you're going to waste a lot of energy staying warm. Third, they learn that getting water exposes you since a lot of human activity takes place around water.

When they're captured, they're usually near starvation.

I mean how many other things have successfully evaded the human race for any length of time?

None that I can think of.

#18    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 3,446 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

View Postsupervike, on 10 December 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I think it might be so I'll have to check it out. It's only $2.99 on Amazon Instant.

If it has the woman opening her front door and seeing Bigfoot standing there like he's delivering a package, I'll know this is the one. That was scary.

#19    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 10 December 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Because you are new here, you don't know me well enough yet, however I've read your reply several times and I'm not exactly sure what you're asking of me? Have you not watched any of the films made by Dr Jane Goodall on the Chimpanzees or Dr. Dian Fossey's work on Mountain Gorillas or Dr. Birut'e Galdikas' on Orangutans? That's what I'm talking about, not these fuzzy, out of focus "blobsquatch" photos that every village idiot with an IQ of eighty and internet access want to hold up as proof. But rather, clear documentation of interactivity, day to day stuff they do, how they hunt, what they hunt or forage for.....how they mate, how they act in groups or how they act alone.

Currently we have no hard evidence they even exist, oh yeah the foot prints, Dude I can make up a set of fake footprint makers in an afternoon. footprint are anecdotal but not evidence, there is nothing in terms of bodies taken by hunters......yeah there are some guys who claim they shot one but for some inexplicable reason they can't seem to take anyone back to where they buried the body or the body is gone or......and this is my personal favorite.....the porcupines ate my Bigfoot bones. Now, I have encountered just about every kind of skeleton during my hiking and hunting trips in the woods of North America.......except that of a Bigfoot. Now I'm certainly not the final authority on this but no one else has found one either, which has created the running joke about the "Bigfoot Body Recovery Teams".

Fact is after all that, I'm actually open to the possibility that they might be real, but it certainly isn't due to any evidence.....since there isn't any but rather on the accounts of two men whom I know and knew very well, who claimed to have had an encounter. First hand knowledge, not something they read about on the web or a fuzzy picture. So you'll pardon me if I don't all wet and drippy over what some idiot's really bad picture or a foot cast. Real evidence, show it to me and I assure you, you will have my complete attention.

There a a few clear movies of a suppose bigfoot Patterson, redwood fotage, paul freeman footage ect  Another clear picture will only be antodotale evidence. I was wondering your oppion on if there was another clear picture or movies, how that will help to prove that bigfoot is a real biological animal? I fail to see how a clear picture, movie ect. will change people minds all it is more antadotale evidence. I agree with you there no good Imperical evidence that bigfoot existece, I personal have not made up my mind based  on the evidence yet.

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

#20    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

After watching Finding Bigfoot,for one episode i am covinced in my own mind that it doesn't exist.

With modern technology as it is,particularly the emergance of trail cameras,i can't see how something that big can remain hidden.No bodies ,no DNA.looks very implausible to me.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#21    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,188 posts

• Ah, but I was so much older then,
    I'm younger than that now. Dylan

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

It would also be helpful if bigfoot hunters could remember just one thing.

If they do find themselves "closing in" on bigfoot (sightings, smells, sounds, etc).
DON'T LEAVE!
No packy and go homy!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 10 December 2012 - 09:57 PM.

"That was definitely a bigfoot, you could tell by the bear-shaped body" YT poster

#22    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

My personal favorite was "Monsterquest" when they all went up to this remote fishing camp, then they got some activity and they all huddled in the house scared to death and didn't get anything on camera. Note to shows in future, send guys with some spine.....and guns.

:cry:

Edited by keninsc, 10 December 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#23    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

View PostJeff Albertson, on 10 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

There a a few clear movies of a suppose bigfoot Patterson, redwood fotage, paul freeman footage ect  Another clear picture will only be antodotale evidence. I was wondering your oppion on if there was another clear picture or movies, how that will help to prove that bigfoot is a real biological animal? I fail to see how a clear picture, movie ect. will change people minds all it is more antadotale evidence. I agree with you there no good Imperical evidence that bigfoot existece, I personal have not made up my mind based  on the evidence yet.

Beats me Dude.

#24    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 10 December 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

My own thought are that with the advent of more and more digital equipment and FLIR technology, if the creature does exist then we'll finally be able to put the whole issue to rest. .

Thought you might of had some hypethical ideas on the subject. It looks like we are on the same page both want imperical evidence to prove the existence of bigfoot. I am also looking for Imperical evidence to refute bigfoot.. Staying on topic if bigfoot was real we could use such technology to figure out feeding grounds, migration paths and other basic ecology which will help us find bigfoot. As my hope of the falcon project will be but only time will tell.

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

#25    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

W ell, that's what I'm saying. However, we first must establish they are real and where their DNA places them on the evolutionary line. Are they humans or are they apes? Keep in mind that a Chimpanzee shares 98% of our DNA and Mountain Gorillas 97%. Also keep in mind that it took three separate expeditions to "discover" the Mountain Gorillas with local guides who knew where they lived.

Yeah, I know I sound like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth on Bigfoot but some thing relate in a left handed sort of way.

#26    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 10 December 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

W ell, that's what I'm saying. However, we first must establish they are real and where their DNA places them on the evolutionary line. Are they humans or are they apes? Keep in mind that a Chimpanzee shares 98% of our DNA and Mountain Gorillas 97%. Also keep in mind that it took three separate expeditions to "discover" the Mountain Gorillas with local guides who knew where they lived.

Yeah, I know I sound like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth on Bigfoot but some thing relate in a left handed sort of way.

No I don't beleive that you are talking out of both sides of your moth, you are just rational and keeping a open mind on the subject a hand. That is intresting say after we have confirmed DNA evidence (If bigfoot real) and using cladistics and phylogentic to determine that we are dealing with. Do you think then a clear picture would confience people, also do you think people would be more open minded to the patterson fim? Great reson for using disscusion boards you can be open to new idea and views.

#27    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I still can't make up my mind on whether the PG film is real or not, every attempt to clear it up, stabilize it, apply science to it just opens up more questions or more fuel on the fire of uncertainty. I will say, this was the first film ever shot of one and it's the best quality of anything else out there and it creates more questions than it answers, so all these fuzzy "Blobsquatch" videos don't do much for me really.

#28    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 10 December 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

I"Blobsquatch" videos don't do much for me really.

I agree the patterson film is intresting but roger patterson did relase a book "Do ambomible snow man exist in america" that has a drawing in it that lok exactly like patty in it, that is a big res flag for me. Bill munns does some intresting work but the book makes me skeptical of it. In regards to blob squatches I think they are a just a joke they should never be released they ad nothing in determining if bigfoot is real or that he does not exist. All they do is make more likely that bigfoot does not exist do to lack of photo when app;ying the Null Hypothesis (HO).

http://themunnsreport.com

#29    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 10 December 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Not true keninsc,

The mountain gorilla was discovered by chance in 1902 when a German soldier machine gunned a couple of them while on patrol. It was not identified as a new subspecies until after it was studied by scientists in Germany.

Edited by evancj, 11 December 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#30    Insanity

Insanity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

View Postevancj, on 11 December 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

Not true keninsc,

The mountain gorilla was discovered by chance in 1902 when a German soldier machine gunned a couple of them while on patrol. It was not identified as a new subspecies until after it was studied by scientists in Germany.

The western gorilla were first described by Thomas Savage and Jefferies Wyman in 1847 from specimens obtained in Liberia.  Paul du Chailu was the first westerner to see a live gorilla around 1856 to 1859, in Africa, and brought dead specimens to England in 1861.

The mountain gorilla were discovered in 1902 by Friederich Robert von Beringe, and described as a separate species from the western gorilla.  Seems his purpose of being in German East Africa was to visit German outposts, to keep in touch with local chiefs and maintain good relations with them.

Gorillas were certainly known before the 20th century, but the mountain gorilla was a new species.

Edited by Insanity, 11 December 2012 - 12:53 AM.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users