Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

witchcraft

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Valdera

Valdera

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• things that cannot be explained need not be disregarded as poppycock but cherished as a sign of knowledge we have yet to learn

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

do you need to already have magic to practice it or can it be learnt. i have dabbled but nothing has ever come close to working. do i need to be born with it, study for years or am i just doing something wrong. i understand the power of thought and law of attraction but im talking practising actual immediate working magic.

#17    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

I allways think about reading up on wicca .it sounds interesting is wicca associated with peaganism..i know this sounds crazy but to me but the trees,the lakes the earth the moon have souls and are alive....

#18    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Just becareful what you are playing with. Spells can back fire on you. The best way is to find someone who isa real witch not a wanttobe and study with them.

#19    AshenPhoenix

AshenPhoenix

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 18 October 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Just becareful what you are playing with. Spells can back fire on you. The best way is to find someone who isa real witch not a wanttobe and study with them.

I would caution anyone looking to be an apprentice to be very careful of whom they choose to teach them.  There are those steeped in magiks who use it for their own greed and selfish purposes and will recruit others for their cause.  Dark magik is something to be avoided, the consequences (as a previous poster mentioned) are steep.

The more potent spells are ones that you create yourself.  But in order to do so you have to have an understanding of how everything ties together.  What's the significance of numbers, color, herbs, seasons, ect.  There are so many factors to take into consideration when creating a spell.  And there are many types of spells ranging in complexity and simplicity.  Such as impromptu spells which are simplistic and done on the spur of the moment due to being inspired and are very simple such as a prayer or smudging to a complex spell having many components and is done over several days to a week on specific days of the year or based on the phase of the moon.

No one becomes a witch or shaman overnight.  It takes a lifetime of learning and dedication.  A lifetime of study and contemplation.  You study, study & study some more to gain knowledge but knowledge isn't enough.  You must also contemplate & develop understanding.  Only then will you have the wisdom you need to perform the spell you cast with power & authority.

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostValdera, on 18 October 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

do you need to already have magic to practice it or can it be learnt. i have dabbled but nothing has ever come close to working. do i need to be born with it, study for years or am i just doing something wrong. i understand the power of thought and law of attraction but im talking practising actual immediate working magic.
When you first start ,it takes time to learn to focus .
Go to the Pagan Practices 101 thread ,and ask there ,what you want to know .
We made the thread for just this purpose .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users