Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Very public, public toilets

ponta grossa loo toilets bathrooms

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,500 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Bungling architects in Brazil gave new meaning to the word 'public convenience' - after building bathrooms in a new arts centre with transparent glass walls.

The £800,000 public building in Ponta Grossa, in Brazil's southern state of Parana, was unveiled this week and is covered entirely in glass.

But designers apparently forgot about the loos, which are on the ground floor and give passers-by an unobstructed view of everything happening inside.

http://www.dailymail...lass-walls.html

Posted Image

#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,412 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Idk, it so works in Brazil.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Please, I cant do it in public toilet for some reason. Im like George from Seinfield.
And that someone watch me do it is my fear comes true.

What should one do when people pass by? Smile and wave hand?

Edited by the L, 09 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,769 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

View Postthe L, on 09 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Please, I cant do it in public toilet for some reason. Im like George from Seinfield.
And that someone watch me do it is my fear comes true.

What should one do when passerby goes in front of you? Smile and wave hand?
It's like a "people aquarium"  too funny.  Imagine the faces you'd see looking back through the glass.....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postand then, on 09 January 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

It's like a "people aquarium"  too funny.  Imagine the faces you'd see looking back through the glass.....

I doubt anyone would make eye contact. Question is why glass. Why toilet at all? If you dont have your privacy?

Honestly, I would rather do it in the near wood or some shelter then there.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,064 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

A see thru toilet would have stopped me getting seriously owned last week..

I was busting to use a loo last week at a service station...and as theL says, I have probs in public.... so I was real happy that all the cubicles, and there must have been ten, were empty! GREAT Im thinking, so I chose the middle one...

then someone else came in....he could of sat in loo-1, or loo-10...but he sat in the cubicle right next to me in the middle.

Argh!!! and I was busting to go....but now Im thinking  'I hope he farts before me'...coz I knew mine would be noisy..... and I sat there clenching and biting my finger to keep from making any noise..

and then he said..."Alright mate, hows things?'.  (and Im thinking who the hell is that?),  but being polite, I said, 'yeh, everythings fine thanks'....

and then he said "hows your mum doing"... and I was thinking wtf? so I said, 'yeh shes doing well, thanks for asking'....

and i was so trying to recognize his voice... and then he said - "did you get that new beemer yet"...and now I was so confused and so with a louder voice I say "What bloody beemer? I cant afford a new car, and anyway mate, who-TF are you?"

Then this blokes head appeared at the top of his cubicle and shouted at me "Oi will you shut your gob mate Im on the bluetooth"

Edited by seeder, 09 January 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,658 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

That would be a little too public for me, I'll take a big tree.

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,658 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Talking and peeing at the same time.  Can't people hold it for a few minutes.

#9    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

I think I would have to pass and peeing there.

#10    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Bah just go full public with a sponge on a stick that everyone shares. It was good enough for the Romans!

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#11    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostCorp, on 10 January 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Bah just go full public with a sponge on a stick that everyone shares. It was good enough for the Romans!

But I think that their police have had easier job for getting confession. Just took sponge stick and ..."Im... Im...please God Noooooooo"

#12    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ Queen

• 8,481 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users