Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird animal?

needinghelp

I have photos of a winged animal that was taken with my dad's camera on the outside of his house. It looks pretty weird to me and i don't even know if it's real or if someone is playing a joke on him or what, but he also has video and sound of this thing. It looks pretty creppy to me and he lives alone and his health is not very well, so i would like to find out if this thing is real or not. It's all black with a tail, two arms with what looks like really long fingers, two things that i'm guessing are the feet and huge wings. The wings almost look like some kind of bat wings. I wish i knew how to use my computer better then i would post the pic now, but must get my husband to post the pic for me tomorrow. I would like ANY real advice on maybe where i could take these photos to get looked at. I already tried the wildlife department and they took copies and told me to try to find a cryptozooligst,sorry bout the spelling lol.So any ideas? Will post pic tomorrow and yes i have a few more pics but my dad has a ton of pics of this thing.Thank you for your time :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• fatbadger2

• quillius

• needinghelp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have photos of a winged animal that was taken with my dad's camera on the outside of his house. It looks pretty weird to me and i don't even know if it's real or if someone is playing a joke on him or what, but he also has video and sound of this thing. It looks pretty creppy to me and he lives alone and his health is not very well, so i would like to find out if this thing is real or not. It's all black with a tail, two arms with what looks like really long fingers, two things that i'm guessing are the feet and huge wings. The wings almost look like some kind of bat wings. I wish i knew how to use my computer better then i would post the pic now, but must get my husband to post the pic for me tomorrow. I would like ANY real advice on maybe where i could take these photos to get looked at. I already tried the wildlife department and they took copies and told me to try to find a cryptozooligst,sorry bout the spelling lol.So any ideas? Will post pic tomorrow and yes i have a few more pics but my dad has a ton of pics of this thing.Thank you for your time :)

Everyone will need to see the pictures , and the video...Make sure to get the original picture files , they can be checked by people herer ( the exif data ) and can tell if it is photo shopped......

You came to the right place to have something like this debunked , and answered.I will venture a answer now for you , but really need to see the pictures and video to be more precise , but it really sounds like you have a photo shopped picture , or a hoax.

Also , time and place this was taken will help.

If you need help posting video and pictures , feel free to private message me , I post memorial videos all the time, and work with pictures also......

Can't wait to see them thumbsup.gif

Edited by Sakari

Im relatively new here too but still welcome to um. I saw this thread and was going to suggest contacting sakiri as he seems to be the man when it comes to these things but its seems he has beaten me to it!

I concur that a picture/pictures are essential and a video would be brilliant. As sakiri has shown in other threads it is relatively easy to find out if a picture is shopped or real as long as it is the original file. I like that your not immediately saying "giant bird man monster sighting" but actually are looking for a realistic answer first it immediately adds credibility to your post but as i say pictures will make an answer alot more likely. Good luck with getting an answer and i will post again after the pics are up.

Fatbadger

Im relatively new here too but still welcome to um. I saw this thread and was going to suggest contacting sakiri as he seems to be the man when it comes to these things but its seems he has beaten me to it!

I concur that a picture/pictures are essential and a video would be brilliant. As sakiri has shown in other threads it is relatively easy to find out if a picture is shopped or real as long as it is the original file. I like that your not immediately saying "giant bird man monster sighting" but actually are looking for a realistic answer first it immediately adds credibility to your post but as i say pictures will make an answer alot more likely. Good luck with getting an answer and i will post again after the pics are up.

Fatbadger

Thank You for the compliment laugh.gif

I do like to " investigate " things through , but I do want to say , when it comes to looking at exif data on photos , and things like that , there are a ton of people here that are much better than me at that !!!! .... It is a combined effort on these things thumbsup.gif ....UM has it's own UM CSI crew yes.gif

I am not so sure we will hear any more on this one , I hope so.I PM'd the OP , and have not heard back at all.After my post about the photo and such , I have a small feeling there is none.....I hope not again , and sorry OP , that happens quite often around here...I hope I am wrong.

Thank You for the compliment laugh.gif

I do like to " investigate " things through , but I do want to say , when it comes to looking at exif data on photos , and things like that , there are a ton of people here that are much better than me at that !!!! .... It is a combined effort on these things thumbsup.gif ....UM has it's own UM CSI crew yes.gif

I am not so sure we will hear any more on this one , I hope so.I PM'd the OP , and have not heard back at all.After my post about the photo and such , I have a small feeling there is none.....I hope not again , and sorry OP , that happens quite often around here...I hope I am wrong.

So modest lol. The thing that has and continues to keep me on this forum is the level of investigation and interest the members have. Its very satisfying to see a story video or whatever discussed and dissected with so much attention to detail. Far more so than other forums. Its nice to have experts on tap!

As regards the pictures i hope they arrive. The fact the op didn't have some fantastical story about something that was definately not normal etc gives me some hope although,no offence to the op,the ill post pics tommorow line has a habit of not happening. I hope however im wrong.

Ever go with that " gut feeling " when reading posts? .......Looks like mine came true. mad.gif

Ever go with that " gut feeling " when reading posts? .......Looks like mine came true. mad.gif

Sadly,I think your right. shame really sounded interesting...

I would like ANY real advice on maybe where i could take these photos to get looked at.

Right here, we have a lot of experts in this field willing to help you out. Please don't be another fake thread... They tire me so...

Typical Topic Stater :

Hey , I saw this real strange big creature , it was black with red eyes , and had huge wings...A bunch of us took pictures , but none of us know how to post them.I will have my second cousins best friends sister do it tomarrow.....

UM Members : Hey , I pm'd you , I can help you post your pictures , it is real easy , I can even talk you through it on a messenger service like yahoo...If you want you can send them in email and I will post them for you.

Typical Topic Starter :

Yup ,that is a blank response , nothing , notta....Never logged in again.

I hate that mad.gif

Typical Topic Stater :

Hey , I saw this real strange big creature , it was black with red eyes , and had huge wings...A bunch of us took pictures , but none of us know how to post them.I will have my second cousins best friends sister do it tomarrow.....

UM Members : Hey , I pm'd you , I can help you post your pictures , it is real easy , I can even talk you through it on a messenger service like yahoo...If you want you can send them in email and I will post them for you.

Typical Topic Starter :

Yup ,that is a blank response , nothing , notta....Never logged in again.

I hate that mad.gif

Does that mean we get to go on another OP Hunt? :devil:

But in all seriousness, I'm actually disappointed, and annoyed, and angry. Your hatred is mutual my friend.

Sorry to everyone I have not been on :( But I have asked someone here for help on how to post pics :)

Needing help , I replied to your PM....

I am glad you were not a flake on this one :)

I love seeing new " evidence " to look over.I promise you will get answers here. ( some may be harsh , some will be wayyyyyy out there , and most will find the answer for you ).

As for your video and pictures ( originals from SD Card ) I will do whatever it takes to get them on here for you. thumbsup.gif

here's what I got from Needinghelp:

dadspic1.jpg

ok a very nice person (sakari) was able to help me post the pics, so he will post them when he can.Thank you for the help from both people :)

Hey folks ,Many of you know how I am.I am helping to get these pictures posted , and will be getting video and more pictures next week.Yes , video of this flying , and walking.I spent a hour on the phone with the OP , and as I told the Op , this is either fake , or we have something.This is not a " mistaken Identity ".The Op sounds very sincere , and is a " skeptic" also.The OP is not familiar with Crypto.I explained " Mothman " and things like this.I also explained all of the frauds out there......Now a little background :The pictures are from security cameras on the Op's house.The house is on 10 acres , with no real close neighbors.The owner of the cameras does not know anything about computers , is not what would be someone who would " fake " pictures.The closest neighbors have pigs , and some ( or one ) is gone , the top of the cage wripped off.The Op was asked to stay at the house as the owner was concerned a bit , not knowing what was going on ( someone messing with him , etc. ) the OP heard a large bang on the roof while there.There is a lot more to this , I will be helping the OP out , and getting the files from the SD cards , including the video next week.I feel the OP is being honest , and has no reason at all to be making this up.As I told the OP , if I had not talked on the phone , and only seen these posted , I would call BS big time.I said these are fake , either fake  , or we are all in for what people want to believe so bad.</div><div>I also warned the OP that there will be some very strange replies , and people calling " liar ".The OP really only wants help and answers to this.The last sighting was 3 days ago.There is a " cryptozoologist " near the OP at the Museum , and I suggested contacting asap....I also asked if the Op knows any hunters in the area ( yes , hunters , I would be after this thing 100% if I had gotten this picture on my camera ).I am not saying this is a real creature , I am saying I believe the OP is concerned , and only wants answers.So please keep this civil , I will be helping out with this until it is resolved one way or the other.The OP needed a lot of help just to email and scan the pictures , so by my conversation I believe these are not photo shopped or faked by the OP.I have a pretty good " gut feeling " things and people ( bizarre statue ) , and I am going to take the time to help this person out.Here are some scanned pictures to start , I can answer some questions from our conversation , but the OP can answer more....Again , please be civil about this......This is the first time I have actually seen something posted here that I feel is not being purposely put on here to fool people , this is a legitimate concern to the OP.post-92206-0-26639100-1293050778_thumb.j

post-92206-0-60062600-1293050786_thumb.j

Edited by Sakari

2 more pics.....

post-92206-0-13435300-1293050857_thumb.j

post-92206-0-90057300-1293050863_thumb.j

Edited by Sakari

Hello needinghelp and Sakari. I have a few questions to start with:

1. Could you explain the setup of the security cameras, as in what general direction(s) they are pointing and what they are covering?

2. Did all of these images come from a single camera or from multiple cameras around the house?

3. What part of the country does needinghelp's father live in? (I understand if you don't want to answer that one for privacy reasons.)

4. How recent are these pictures?

Other than that, I hope it's a fake 'cause that thing looks pretty severe.

Hello needinghelp and Sakari. I have a few questions to start with:

1. Could you explain the setup of the security cameras, as in what general direction(s) they are pointing and what they are covering?

2. Did all of these images come from a single camera or from multiple cameras around the house?

3. What part of the country does needinghelp's father live in? (I understand if you don't want to answer that one for privacy reasons.)

4. How recent are these pictures?

Other than that, I hope it's a fake 'cause that thing looks pretty severe.

The OP will be posting shortly , the mystery is solved , and I was correct , the OP was very sincere and just as " freaked out " as anyone.She came here to resolve the issue , and she did it herself...I feel bad for her , but in a way , it helps again to show that we need to really investigate these things....I am glad she came here , and glad she did this the way she did...Props to needinghelp !

I am not sure the OP will be back so i will explain....

As I said , the OP was very sincere and confused about the entire thing on the phone.Her father went as far as to actually destroy some property ( dents on car port , etc. ) to pull her leg.....

She called me earlier to apologize , I told her no need to....She called her dad to let him know that she posted this , and people will be helping to find out what it is ( fake , kids , real , etc?)...He laughed at her and fessed up , he made the pics and video form a movie , and showed them to her to look as if they were on the security cameras....Pretty good hoaxer.She is pretty upset about posting this now , and as said , no need to be that way.I am glad we had a sincere honest person come here to find answers , and she found them herself ,and had the courtesy to let us know......

Anyway , was a Hoax to the OP , from a joke playing father :)

No harm , no foul !!!