Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What would be the last thing you'd think of?

Orcseeker

Don't see this thread as macabre or anything. The real point is what I'm seeing what may be the most important things in life to you. Sometimes you need to consider such extremes to expose the truth.

Imagine a scenario, try to imagine in it in such a way that you can somewhat simulate it with your senses (this does take practise but have a go), you are walking down an alley and someone mugs you, you've been stabbed multiple times and left to drop to the ground and you are bleeding out. Maybe you're in shock, or thinking of a way to get help. Now, say you've accepted your fate (death) and just waiting for it to come.

What would you be thinking about?

Would it be how much money you have? Your nice car? Your huge wardrobe or grand house? Some famous movie star?

Or separately from the point, just thinking well, my times up.

Well, I'd like to assume not a single person here would be thinking about any of that. You might be thinking, well, I'd be thinking about the people I love but these things are just extras in my life or desirables. But how many times have these things destroyed that?

A lot of people put some of these things above what really matters to them in life an in the end, end up regretting it.

This materialistic world we live in, we are told what we need. We are told what you have to be and look like, to be respected. Famous people are put on such a pedestal we forget they are just human being and probably no different than some of us (maybe a bit less interesting ;) ). If you don't have this or you don't have that, it's a bad thing.

This isn't a society geared towards what actually matters. Those materialistic views were simply created for people to exploit other people and cash in.

• Like 1

No problem answering this at all. I would be thinking of my ex wife and daughter. Praying that they understood how sorry I was for hurting them.

Those who have gone before me, and the people I will leave behind.

Have I got time for another rum?

• Like 2

Those who have gone before me, and the people I will leave behind.

Same here.

I actually drowned and the last thought I had was its so peaceful and quiet and the water is a beautiful crimson colour [From the blood gushing out above my right eye] I felt I was at peace/happy the whole time weird huh.

i would think of my family.. and how i wished i had gotten to see my sons grow in to men..at least that is what i would like to think of.. never know.. i could very well be contemplating whether or not heaven and hell are real places

I would just think about how bad and unfair this world was upon me and i would felt happy for leaving it...

Edited by CuriousGreek

when i read the question.. the first thing that came to mind was my wife... then my parents.. then me!

. . * good one ealdwita :lol:

Edited by lightly

I actually drowned and the last thought I had was its so peaceful and quiet and the water is a beautiful crimson colour [From the blood gushing out above my right eye] I felt I was at peace/happy the whole time weird huh.

It actually sounds like a great way to go, peaceful & happy. My last thought I think would be regret at leaving this marvelous planet & everything I love about it.

What would be the last thing you'd think of?

Before the last time I was gravely ill..., it had never occured to me that if my body had started to deteriorate, I would have wanted to die. I grew up believing that one should fight for one's life to the last breath. I remember watching the rain-soaked willow tree from my window and saying to myself, "This is a perfect day to die." Hours later, death came as a relief, and I was at peace with it with no regrets, nor fear. It was as natural as breathing. Another thing, I heard my last sigh because I was totally aware of everything that was happening. I even felt my heart stopped pumping and the coldness of death engulfing my body, until my spirit was "sucked out" of it. I say, "sucked out," for leaving my body was beyond my control.

On the other hand, I understand that it's not always a pleasant departure.

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u

if i was at the point where i accepted i was dying i would be thinking of what's ahead.

the last surgery i had resulted in serious hemmoraging and after a lot of aggressive manhandling i was clumsily rushed back into surgery the next morning. i remember first the panic, then the fear of what was happening to my body with no apparent regard for me (hey i'm in the room people!!) but suddenly when i realized i may not 'wake up' from the surgery i was calm, thinking well here we go to wherever...

i know that doesn't sound very loving or caring, but i gotta tell ya at that moment i was on a journey and i was looking straight ahead.

I would just think about how bad and unfair this world was almost always standing upon me and i would felt happy for leaving it...

I'd think about if I could reach my phone to call 911. If I couldn't or knew I was dying for sure I'd just laugh at myself for getting stuck in to that predicament in the first place. I already know my friends and family will be ok without me, I already know that I have/had a good life. Nothing for me to really think of anything but the foolishness of the situation.

I would just think about how bad and unfair this world was upon me and i would felt happy for leaving it...

By the sounds of things I probably couldn't understand what you've been through but there is always something else out there for someone to live for. Don't brood on self destructive thoughts, nor look for anything but don't hide from anything either.

I enjoyed reading the responses so far and they've been very interesting

@braveone2u You died and no doubt brought back to life? That must have been quite the experience

I would also like to add another two questions:

If you had an option to call a loved one, would you?

Would you rather die with excessive wealth and power or die poor but with a love (be it a person/people/activity/hobby/etc)?

And another for some discussion:

For those who only possess wealth and power, what would their final thought be you think?

@braveone2u You died and no doubt brought back to life? That must have been quite the experience
Or like the first ghost ever to use a computer. Edited by Rlyeh

Honestly, if I knew I was going to die and that this was it I'd be thinking "So what next?"

I have this huge interest in what happens when you die becase given we are all a bunch of nerve cells, muscles and bones talking to eachother (and think of how amazing that is) then whats waiting for us when we die?

Where do I go? I mean my consciousness exists and what happens to this whole thing that I am, this mind, this personality? I find it hard to believe that It'd just be lost and thats it, ya know?

• Like 2

Would you rather die with excessive wealth and power or die poor but with a love (be it a person/people/activity/hobby/etc)?

Another question might be: Why does everyone assume that a person with wealth and power has no love in their life - or happiness? Or that a poor person has it?...

• Like 1

Do be honost I probably wouldnt be thinking about much, as the life seeped out of me, other than that if there is a next life I hope its not any worse than the one im leaving. And thats not to say that I hate life and stuff, but Iv had times where life was just literally kicking me in the ass. But I rose above it.

If I could make one call I dont think I would because I wouldnt want to worry any of my loved ones

Would I want to die as a rich person or a poor person? There both kind of a double edged sword depending on how you look at them I mean sometimes money can be just another form of a sickness if you really think about it because it can bring you more problems than you would have had if you were poor. So I think Either way it wouldnt mattter.

Death is tragic, but life is miserable.

I hear you, CuriousGreek. I have had my share of the harshness of living in this world. The moment we're born, we get slapped in the buttockal area, and we cried our brains out, normally. A horrible experience will, no doubt, leave a sour note because we have feelings and a memory bank. In most cases, we find the strength to move on and reinvent our lives. We fall in love. We buy a new car. We view the most amazing sunset, yet. We get sick, lose weight, and fit in our kool clothes again. There are many examples to write about. Therefore, in the midst of our suffering, we still have a choice. Choice is the sanctuary from which to rebuild. Why rebuild? Life is not always that bad. I live my life nowadays as seeing my being in everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly (as the expression of my ever-unfolding story) are living and feeling my stories to their fullness. If I choose to act my life in a typical, appropriate manner, that's fine. It's also okay for me to be my indesputable hammy side, wallowing in my misery, until I get tired of it, or be deemed as a "party failure." True, misery loves company, and there's beauty in tragedy, so people say. Nowadays, that's not my style. I've even released CD albums during my "tragic years." Therefore, I did get some milleage out of that. At any rate, I see my being in this world as signing up for the whole shebang. Since our five senses are no longer valid in the afterlife, material plane of existence is the place to be to cavort. It's a perfect place to know our divine nature because it's so in-yer-face. If living were always perfect, we would be bored with it. That will never happen anyway, not in this ephemeral, decay-driven, fleshy world. "There is always something," I always say. Something for everyone? In spite of everything, our spirit or essence is not going to die. Therefore, choice is the key, and life is never over, until it's really over. Thing is, wallowing in misery is a luxury I cannot afford. It is a luxury, but it doesn't last very long, regardless, at least not in Southern California where all the beautiful people live. And, I do have bills to pay, don't we all.

Just sharing.

Peace!

Edited by braveone2u
  • Like 1

Honestly, if I knew I was going to die and that this was it I'd be thinking "So what next?"

I have this huge interest in what happens when you die becase given we are all a bunch of nerve cells, muscles and bones talking to eachother (and think of how amazing that is) then whats waiting for us when we die?

Where do I go? I mean my consciousness exists and what happens to this whole thing that I am, this mind, this personality? I find it hard to believe that It'd just be lost and thats it, ya know?

agreed.

and btw your profile pic is priceless :tu:

Another question might be: Why does everyone assume that a person with wealth and power has no love in their life - or happiness? Or that a poor person has it?...

I am referring to those who always hunger for more and are never satisfied. Because how our world is going with those in charge, I'd say it speaks for most of them. Greed and indulgence seemingly at the forefront here.

Maybe when they are dieing they will come to a realisation a to how petty their pursuit really was.