Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

regarding the map of the new world and aliens

Firstly please read the article that was posted about the map regarding the "new world" on the main page.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...ST&f=59&t=13006

^^there it is for you^^

If you think about it, the way the new world was discovered is alot like what I think is happening with the existince of aliens. In the case of the new world the government in power knew about it before they told the people. In order to 'break the ice' they had to set up an expidition that would be widely publicised and its intentions had to also be clear. Then this expidition was played out and the ultimate outcome was exactly what the government expected and what the people didnt, although the possibility was in the peoples minds so there was less of a shock when they heard the outcome.

In relation to the existance of aliens(Pretend its 20 years from now and there was some amazing contact with aliens) The government knew about aliens before the general public. They had to find a way of easing this possibility into our culture, so they set up some expiditions and discoveries that slowly pave the way to the ultimate fact. Firstly a mission to mars is conducted where they discover that mars was once a green and blue planet. Secondly some sort of primitive life forms are discovered on mars, then traces of some civilization on mars are uncovered, and lastly contact with aliens is made and it is revealed to the people.

Within this way of revealing things people dont get as freaked out as they would if such a monumental and life changing discovery is suddenly forced into their laps. Im sure that some events similar to this were also played out when it was discovered that the earth was not flat.

At any rate, its an interesting hypothesis and the only way I can be sure is to wait and see what happens.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STIX

• Diebytheflyguy

• Aslan

• X~File_Agent

Nobody has any comment about this?

I believe this hypothesis is extremely possible. Although, I personally don't like to wait for a finding of this magnitude. I can see how the government would try to ease in this discovery. If this were true, than it's sad that the government would have to take these baby steps, because there are alot folks, who just don't want to keep an open mind about this possibility of Intelligent alien life. alien.gif

comeone, someone else give me an oppinon, try and bash it!!

If you think about it, the way the new world was discovered is alot like what I think is happening with the existince of aliens. In the case of the new world the government in power knew about it before they told the people. In order to 'break the ice' they had to set up an expidition that would be widely publicised and its intentions had to also be clear. Then this expidition was played out and the ultimate outcome was exactly what the government expected and what the people didnt, although the possibility was in the peoples minds so there was less of a shock when they heard the outcome.

What the hell are you talking about. The governments had to break the ice by sending expiditions? What the hell (again) where did you come up with this. How could the government know of far- off land in the first place. Expiditions were used to find out if there was land beyond their home. I dont see how you could think that they set up a fake journey, in order to break the ice.

Man. This thread just angers me.

And we already know, or have heard about UFO sightings. Obviously if we have heard all these then we may or may not know about aliens. I dont think they would set up this mission to mars, after spending millions of dollars just to "break the ice." They are using this for scientific purposes. They are curious with mars, as they were with the moon. What, was the mission to the moon an "ice breaker," too?

Honestly, if the map is real, it would seriously raise the question of about just how much was known about the Americas before Columbus did a supposed guy thing and got lost (just had to throw that out for all the ladies on the forums;)). I mean, archaeologists have known about Viking settlements in the Canadian Maritimes since the '60s, so a map of the "New" World would make sense if the Vikings wanted to send more than a handful of men at a time to explore the oceans.

alien.gif Now, concerning the whole "alien-government conspiracy" issue, I really have wondered about if the government as a whole isn't just being taken for a ride by some intergalactic group or another. I mean, what happens if all the UFOs and Close Encounters are just some alien versions of Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O and the rest of the Jackass gang? Alien pranksters just trying to get a few sh**-and-giggle moments out of us as a whole? alien.gif

What the hell are you talking about. The governments had to break the ice by sending expiditions? What the hell (again) where did you come up with this. How could the government know of far- off land in the first place. Expiditions were used to find out if there was land beyond their home. I dont see how you could think that they set up a fake journey, in order to break the ice.

Man. This thread just angers me.

you obviously dont get the point or havent read the links. Either get informed, or get a clue.

and about the moon thing, nothing was discovered so there was no ice to break...do you understand what Im trying to say?

Actually I think that the majority of people who read what you said would be on my side. What you say just dosent make sense. And yes I have read what you wrote, and its also stupid to think that you would assume that I did not. You whole point in this thread is to say that the government knew about North America and they had to "break the ice," to the people so they would not be overwhelmed. What the hell is that. I cant believe what some people (YOU STIX) can think of.

Trust me. What your saying makes no sense. You need a clue into reality.

The government knew about aliens before the general public. They had to find a way of easing this possibility into our culture, so they set up some expiditions and discoveries that slowly pave the way to the ultimate fact. Firstly a mission to mars is conducted where they discover that mars was once a green and blue planet. Secondly some sort of primitive life forms are discovered on mars, then traces of some civilization on mars are uncovered, and lastly contact with aliens is made and it is revealed to the people.

Ive already said how dumb it was to think that the expedition to North America, which was somehow already know by the government just to "break the ice." So now you want to believe that the mission to Mars is just to "break the ice," again. Ok lets spend millions of dollars when we already know all about Mars cause we just know. Well, your whole statment is... well stupid.

BUT BECAUSE YOU NEVER GOING TO ADMIT THAT WHAT YOUR SAYING HAS NO SENSE TO IT LETS HEAR WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK.

WHO THINKS STIXS' STATMENT MAKES NO SENSE?

WHO THINKS STIXS' STATMENT DOES MAKE SENSE?

Diebyetc, STIX is being perfectly civil. I urge you to be the same.

Ok he's civil, i'll to to be too... BUT can you answer my question (ANYONE) Is STIXS' statment BELIEVEABLE and is it sensable or just complete nonsense?

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

OK. I think it's a reasonable and well-thought out idea, and I can't understand your vitriolic response to it.

I can only assume you have either completely misunderstood it, or you are just picking a fight.

Edited by Aslan

Diebytheflyguy you are entitled to your oppinion but i have one more thing to say; what state of mind do you think the general public was in before columbus? they probably thought that europe, asia, africa, and australia was all there was to the world and that there was one big ocean. now if you suddenly told them that their world was something completely different then what they believe and trust then their whole belief system would be questioned. THAT alone would cause the public some trauma. Also the government would want to keep it under wraps until they could controll the situation so their rivals (france, germany) would not be able to compete.

now if you take those same Ideas and apply them other situations like the world being flat and the existince of extra terrestrials then I hope you can understand the similarities and get the "COVER UP AND CONSPIRACY" that I am trying to convey.

I will admit that it is only a possibility and I could be completely wrong, but please read it without prejeduce and I would also like you to remember that people do lie and have in the past and there is no reason they would not do it again.

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/11/25/vinland_map031125

more evidence of european knowledge about north america before columbus!!

Eh... by Columbus' time people pretty much knew the world was round. Columbus was even pretty sure that there was a large island (or a continuation of Greenland,) between him and the East Indies, that's one of the reasons he sailed so far south.

This Book is based on his logs and such, tells all about his voyage.

I've even heard refrences that he had a map of parts of North America that had come directly from these Viking sources.

• 1 month later...

there is an old church in scotland which was built 90 years before columbus sailed and found the americas, in the church there are carvings of farmed goods and there is a carving of american corn which looks quite different to conventional corn

The government knew about aliens before the general public.

I think this is an interesting quote. The way i see it...the public has known about aliens for about 40 years...they just choose to not accept it for fear of being fanatical...that's why we get the "anger" posts on this website from the extreme of skeptic kinds that curse us out for being crazy (diet, not talking bout you by the way), those people are the ones who are most afraid of the truth, that we are not alone. alien.gif

Diebytheflyguy you are entitled to your oppinion but i have one more thing to say; what state of mind do you think the general public was in before columbus? they probably thought that europe, asia, africa, and australia was all there was to the world and that there was one big ocean. now if you suddenly told them that their world was something completely different then what they believe and trust then their whole belief system would be questioned. THAT alone would cause the public some trauma. Also the government would want to keep it under wraps until they could controll the situation so their rivals (france, germany) would not be able to compete.

now if you take those same Ideas and apply them other situations like the world being flat and the existince of extra terrestrials then I hope you can understand the similarities and get the "COVER UP AND CONSPIRACY" that I am trying to convey.

I will admit that it is only a possibility and I could be completely wrong, but please read it without prejeduce and I would also like you to remember that people do lie and have in the past and there is no reason they would not do it again.

What state of mind were people in when NASA decided to launch men into space in 1969... We were not disoriented and confused and our past belief of space travel -which was "not possible"- didnt make people question their belief system... No trauma was cause because of this... When people were told the earth was round or that we revolved around the sun, it didnt cause a major uproar, or the people werent wandering in disbelief towards the church... You are saying that any change in thought or belief would cause a major uproar in society?... People accept the change and get on with it. If you tell a person there are more than nine planets in the universe I really really dont think that they would be stricken with trauma or be disoriented... They would accept this fact and move on. With the new world they were probably excited and wanted to be educated about the far-off land. No cover up conspiracy would be needed. I really really dont see why a cover up conspiracy would be needed to allow the people to accept the change. And even so; its not a cover up conspiracy at all. You are saying that aliens gave maps or directions to the goverment which then gave orders for someone to make a fake, accidental discovery or the new world. WHY? would you say this? When expidetions were make to find trade routes, and accidentally china was discovered, was this a cause for a cover up? When people traveled to antartica were they informed by aliens, or was this to cover up the fact that there is a new part of the world, which was thought by all to not exist???

but please read it without prejeduce

You stated:

comeone, someone else give me an oppinon, try and bash it!!

Thats all I was doing here... I was bashing it because you asked for it, and because I wanted to...

ok ok, Diebytheflyguy, you may be right, and thats the best your getting out of me!