Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who keeps knocking on my door at night?

little_dreamer

Someone has knocked on my door loudly at night. I am afraid to answer but I did call the police. Am I in danger or is it just a prank?

Probably just a prank. We used to do that when we were younger.

If you're concerned, just don't answer the door.

Download the sound of a couple of big bad_ _ _ dogs barking and snarling and growling and play it when your visitor knocks.

Stick a beware of dog sign on your door.

It isn't hard to stick a camera up outside either.

That all may be more work than you want to invest though.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

It's a forerunner. You have a month to live.

• Like 1

Its probably someone trying to annoy you but I wouldn't answer the door and I would go with the camera idea. People have been known to do some crazy stuff for no reason so do be careful.

It's probably just a prank but it can be unsettling; if they do it again, open the window and empty your chamberpot over them!*

*In the unlikely event that you use one.

• Like 2

Wait outside your house/door and out of sight, next time they come..... BAM

Soak them with a hose.

that'll learn 'em.

Take some prestik and stick some needles or nails too the door with the sharp points vertically sticking outward.

Since its at night they most likely won't see the world of pain that is about too be unleashed.

I used to live on a corner lot thus was the spot to stop. I had a drunk try to get in thinking he was at his own home. I had someone knock late at night and heard a crying woman but I too was afraid to answer recalling those tales of male friends hiding in wait for someone to answer. I had various late night visitors and I wouldn't answer. The only time I felt safe was when I was dog sitting my mom's pooch. Having a big dog really is a good idea, especially if you live alone.

Someone has knocked on my door loudly at night. I am afraid to answer but I did call the police. Am I in danger or is it just a prank?

Fit a spyhole lens in the door, or a camera, or look out of an upstairs window with a big torch. But to be on the safe side, make sure all doors and windows on the ground floor are secure.

Thank you for your replies. This happened at night, once after 9 PM, and in the morning before 6 AM. My own feeling is that it's some kind of criminal - either robbery or harassment. I don't have any disputes with my neighbors.

Buy 20 cats, wear old tattered dress, don't shower for a few days, open door with armfull of cats and gross hair and body smell. You'll shock them in to never coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

So I keep seeing this title and keep thinking of my friend and her sister in law.

True story take it as you will.

My friend, I had met when I moved across from her and her boyfriend and his sister, cool people in their 20's. Anywho, a few months in she tells me about a man whom lived next to her whom had passed away, she had found him, and much of his belongings went to her. Management asked her to clean out the place for new tenants. So in this process se found two rings, one male wedding band one female wedding band, as his wife has been passed and he had no family to give these items to she kept them. She kept the male ring and gave the female ring to her mother. Months later, I move in across the hall, then a woman moves in next to her. Ever since this lady moved in it seemed this lady at 3am was banging on the wall and knocking, mind you these apartments are all concrete even the walls, I know I tried to hang things....

So one night while her BF was at work and the girls were alone they hear the knocking again. She like screw it I am telling this woman stop bamnging on the wall shes scaring me. This lady is a self proclaimed witch, I never made contact with her as her energy wasnt right to me, so I avoided her lol.

The girl goes over knocks on the door woman answers even though its in thmiddle of the night. My friend asks her why are you banging on my wall? Woman then tells her "It's not me, It's the man who lived her before in this room, "He said he wants the rings back together".....

Right???

She gave the male ring to the mom for them to be together and hasnt had an issue since, this has been 5-6 years now.

Something is trying to communicate with you maybe?

It could be the devil .... You will know if he has blue eyes and blue jeans !! :D

It's been about 10 days, what's the update?

"Tis the wind and nothing more."....... well, that and possible demonic ravens wanting to devour your SOUL!!!!!!

It's been about 10 days, what's the update?

The update is - no more knocks since i called the police. I also fixed the outside light that was burned out. I've been keeping the light on all night.

• Like 1

The girl goes over knocks on the door woman answers even though its in thmiddle of the night. My friend asks her why are you banging on my wall? Woman then tells her "It's not me, It's the man who lived her before in this room, "He said he wants the rings back together".....

Right???

She gave the male ring to the mom for them to be together and hasnt had an issue since, this has been 5-6 years now.

Something is trying to communicate with you maybe?

That was an interesting story. I don't think it's a ghost - at least not yet!

This reminded me that when I was a kid, we had a knocking code to communicate within the house. (kid's bedrooms with wall between). This was before cell phones, of course.

sorry, i just wanted to borrow a cup of sugar, i'll come back in the morning

sorry, i just wanted to borrow a cup of sugar, i'll come back in the morning

Oh, it was you the whole time? That's a long walk for some sugar. :lol: