Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pet dogs blamed for park deer fatalities

Still Waters

Bosses at a country park may start forcing owners to keep dogs on leads after as many as 30 deer died as a result of being chased.

Bradgate Park in Leicestershire, which has around 500 deer, blames out-of-control dogs for the deaths of between 20 and 30 of its herd in the last few months.

The latest death occurred last week when a dog chased a deer into a brick wall.

http://news.sky.com/...-deer-to-deaths

Indeed, ignorant and selfish dog owners should not only have to keep their dogs on a leash in a park with deer in it but should also be fined if their dog is responsible for the death of a deer! In fact they should be fined if their dog is not on a leash in that area full stop. Just chasing the deer causes stress.

The only parks where I can let my dog off leash here in a park is a dog park and it is fence in.

The only parks where I can let my dog off leash here in a park is a dog park and it is fence in.

Where I live I seldom see dogs in leash. Most people walk their dogs unleashed.

I don't like it because I have extreme allergy to dogs if I pat a dog or if a dog licks on my hands or anywhere else I get blisters.

So every time I see a person with a unleashed dog coming towards me I get a little panicked.

There is nice a walking trail here at the coast which is called bronsålderssundet (bronzeage strait)

Its a trail where you have to walk through a couple of pastures and there a many bronzeage burial sites there and lovely nature.

There are many signs there that says you have to put your dogs on leash because dogs have wounded and even killed the farmers sheep.

But everytime I have been there I see people with unleashed dogs.

I almost got in a fistfight there last summer when a German shepherd chased my 2 year son so he fell.

Edited by Rofflaren
  • Like 1

When I was growing up you were expected to shoot any dog chasing a deer.

• Like 2

:cry: