Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1141    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

At about 3:40 in this video, Mitchell clarifies with "One more thing... it got messed up that this had to do with NASA.  It doesn't have anything to do with NASA."

I think that should settle the debate as to whether or not Mitchell believes NASA is involved in any kind of coverup.  He doesn't.

Edit:  Plus, of course, what psyche posted here in post 1132.

We've been through this all before, more than once.  Here's another thread where a lot of Mitchell claims should have been laid to rest.  Why people who were directly invovled in that discussion keep on falsely attributing things to him is beyond me.

Edited by booNyzarC, 19 November 2012 - 02:19 AM.

#1142    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,596 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 November 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

Why people who were directly invovled in that discussion keep on falsely attributing things to him is beyond me.

mcg... what happened to your old id?

http://www.unexplain...showuser=108542

#1143    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 November 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

The fact that you persist along this line after having been shown multiple times that not only has he never made this claim but that he has also vehemently clarified that he does not believe NASA is involved in any kind of coverup, is truly mind boggling.  Do you just enjoy posting misinformation?

It's not misinformation, Boon, he has spoken about this a million times.  I persisted in posting videos because that is exactly what he has said over and over again.

I don't know what more I could do to prove that.

#1144    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Just to keep the record straight here, NASA itself denied that it is involved in a UFO cover up, just as Oberg (same thing) always denies it.

NASA made this denial AGAIN in responding to an interview that Mitchell gave:

"NASA is not involved in any cover-up.  Dr Mitchell is a great American but we do not share his opinion on this issue.  Thanks for the opportunity to comment.”

http://www.google.co...z0DoFyqEq3RD1RQ

That does not mean that no cover up exists--just the opposite--and that is what Mitchell has stated repeatedly.  He's telling the truth.

#1145    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 November 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

It's not misinformation, Boon, he has spoken about this a million times.  I persisted in posting videos because that is exactly what he has said over and over again.

I don't know what more I could do to prove that.

It is misinformation when you say that Edgar Mitchell has said that NASA was involved in a coverup.

None of the videos you've provided have Mitchell saying that.  Not one.

That is misinformation.

Mitchell has stated that he believes the government and military have been involved with a coverup, but he has not said that NASA was.

Do you understand the distinction?

#1146    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Mitchell said this in another interview with Irene Klotz

IK: Why do you think the government hasn't acknowledged that there is life outside of Earth? I thought that was sort of the point of NASA.

EM: Well most people in government don't know. The government is highly compartmentalized. You could work next door to somebody for 30 years not knowing what they're doing in certain areas. The whole point of all of this ... goes back to World War II. This Roswell incident took place right at the aftermath of World War II when the U.S. Army Air Corps was split off and became the Air Force and the OSS (Office of Strategic Services), which was the intelligence service of World War II, was disbanded and eventually became the CIA. At that point the Cold War was just starting to move under way and we were at odds with the Soviets.

The Air Force was brand new and supposedly in control of the skies and didn't know what they were doing, and the CIA didn't know what they were doing, so Pres. Truman was in a big problem here: Here people were telling him there were aliens around and nobody knew if they were hostile or what they were and what was he going to do about it?

So he formed a committee, a very high-level military and academic and intelligent people -- politically powerful people -- and said 'You guys work on this.' And that was called ... the MAJIC 12. And they did pass a National Security Act, or so I'm told, under highly classified auspices, that gave this committee virtually unlimited power to deal with this issue, which they have done for the last 60 years, slowly excluding everybody -- including presidents.

You may remember that Pres. Clinton tried to send (Webster) Hubbell to find out about this at Wright Patterson. He got rejected. And Barry Goldwater, back in the '60s when he was getting ready to run for the presidency and who was a brigadier general in the Air Force Reserve tried to get information about it. He got rejected. And I'm told that Jerry Ford tried to do some finding out and he got rejected.

Jimmy Carter announced his observation of UFOs, but that never went anywhere so obviously he made no progress. Only in recent years has the public interest become acute enough and enough stories leaked out so that people are starting to believe that it's all real. And the fact of the matter is, it is.
They're still around and there's a lot of stuff going on.

Are you aware of the so-called Phoenix Lights Incident? That wasn't our stuff.

EM: Lights. Just a few years ago. Three humongous craft flew over Phoenix, very slowly in the middle of the night that clearly were not -- I happened to be on the phone with people out there when that happened and have had pictures of it -- clearly those were not, to those of us who know aviation and spacecraft, clearly those were not local stuff, home-grown stuff."

http://dsc.discovery...itchell-02.html

#1147    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 November 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

It is misinformation when you say that Edgar Mitchell has said that NASA was involved in a coverup.
Mitchell has stated that he believes the government and military have been involved with a coverup, but he has not said that NASA was.

Oh I know the military is.  I don't even argue that point.  Mitchell says that most of he people at the middle and lower levels may not know anything about UFOs, but that doesn't mean some kind of complete exoneration of NASA.  Far from it.

Oberg alone is proof of that, as if any more proof were needed at this late date.

#1148    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 19 November 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

mcg... what happened to your old id?

My computer crashed a while ago and I changed my ID afterward.

#1149    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 November 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

Oh I know the military is.  I don't even argue that point.  Mitchell says that most of he people at the middle and lower levels may not know anything about UFOs, but that doesn't mean some kind of complete exoneration of NASA.  Far from it.

Oberg alone is proof of that, as if any more proof were needed at this late date.

Why are you trying to weasel out of this McG?

The point is very clear.  Mitchell has not stated that NASA was involved in any kind of coverup.  You've claimed that he made such a statement.  You've failed to support that claim.  Own up to it.

All of this other fluff that you're trying to use to steer away from this fact is already acknowledged by all parties.  Yes Mitchell believes that a coverup has taken place.  Yes, he believes that the government and military are involved in that.  No he does not believe that NASA is involved in it, he has never said that NASA was, and he has emphatically stated the exact opposite.

#1150    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,596 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 November 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Are you aware of the so-called Phoenix Lights Incident? That wasn't our stuff.

EM: Lights. Just a few years ago. Three humongous craft flew over Phoenix, very slowly in the middle of the night that clearly were not -- I happened to be on the phone with people out there when that happened and have had pictures of it -- clearly those were not, to those of us who know aviation and spacecraft, clearly those were not local stuff, home-grown stuff."

oh lawd

#1151    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,596 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 November 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

My computer crashed a while ago and I changed my ID afterward.

ah, sorry to hear that

#1152    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 19 November 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

oh lawd

It was more than three, and they weren't just flying over Phoenix, but that's another story.  An old one.

#1153    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 19 November 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Why are you trying to weasel out of this McG?

Boon, you should know better by now.  I never weasel out of anything; I CHARGE into everything directly.  Weaseling is far, far removed from my nature.

I do not see why you have such affection for NASA that you are making a big issue out of this, especially since NASA slapped Mitchell down for saying all these things.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 19 November 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#1154    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,596 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 November 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

It was more than three, and they weren't just flying over Phoenix, but that's another story.  An old one.

tell it again

:unsure2:

#1155    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 19 November 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Boon, you should know better by now.  I never weasel out of anything; I CHARGE into everything directly.  Weaseling is far, far removed from my nature.

I do not see why you have such affection for NASA that you are making a big issue out of this, especially since NASA slapped Mitchell down for saying all these things.

Then why are you incapable of admitting that Mitchell never claimed that NASA was part of a coverup?

CHARGE into that directly.  Can you do that?  I'll make it easy.  Here is a yes or no question:

Has Edgar Mitchell ever said that NASA was involved in a coverup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users