Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#46    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,111 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Where do you get your logic? That is not what I said. But I am sure that is what you want people to think I said.
Since you misinterpreted my post, there is nothing more to respond to.

IOWs, no that is not what I said. But you may twist and spin to your heart's desire.

View PostDieChecker, on 21 September 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

So you are saying that you are an Independant voter, and that it is the independent voter that are Stupid and Thoughtless???? Because what I said was that the Swing voters, such as yourself are the smarter ones usually that need convincing.

Surely you would consider the various hard liners of Dems and Pubs who block up their ears and who vote their party line regardless of Facts, as the stupid and thoughtless? So why are you saying that the independants, who are the usual Swing vote and whom Romney and Obama are fighting over, are the thoughtless and stupid?

The stupid and thoughtless are already spoken for. The lack of much change in polling is another indication of that.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#47    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,603 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

View Postjoc, on 23 September 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Do you recall the elections of 2010?  That is what the elections of 2012 are going to bring...landslide.   You wonder why people are interested in this election?  You don't live in the US do you?  If you are really as clueless as you seem about the most pivotal election in decades, then I don't know what to tell you.

The charts explain when, precisely, the economy began to falter.   It had everything to do with Fear of Obama.  People simply did not trust Obama and felt their hard earned monies were at risk, so, as the election neared and it became more concrete that Obama was going to win, people protected their assetts by taking them out of the Stock Market.  This started a deliaterious effect from which we haven't recovered.  Obama, Pelosi, and Reid shoved Obamacare down the throats of a population that wanted none of it...and the end result of that will be a landslide for Romney.  Many believe, as do I, that the US will never recover if we suffer 4 more years of Obamanomics.   Our Liberty is at stake,  Our Economy is at stake.

Posted Image

Are you going to tell me it was any better before?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#48    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostRafterman, on 22 September 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

And yes, a United States President showing his support of Marxist practices is news in my opinion.  Funny how that video didn't have to be edited isn't it.

1. Funny how the video actually *was* edited then. Do a google search, read the entire transcript or watch the entire video. You will be enlightened.

2. You seem worried about "Marxist" policies. Romney's entire experience is taking money from other people to use to buy companies so that he runs them himself. Apply Romney's experience to govt... what would that be?

#49    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,005 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 24 September 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

I get vastly different numbers from treasurydirect.gov and for some reason I can't copy and paste the data.

http://www.treasuryd...debt_histo5.htm

#50    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,655 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 23 September 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

This election will be decided by who has the most compelling solution for medicare as the majority that will be bothered to vote are either recipients or about to be.

Come on now, what is the percentage of people who will be on Medicare in the next 4 years? Who really cares about Medicare? Not me, Joe Average Voter.

The age you get Medicare is 65, and the only exception is the extremely disabled. And according to the Census, those above 65 are 12.5% of the population, and those above 62 are 15%. And you think that those 15% are going to decide the election? That they are the ones who are "the majority that will be bothered to vote"?

I think you are overstating things again Q.

Edited by DieChecker, 25 September 2012 - 04:11 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#51    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,655 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:13 AM

Posted Image

Is burning up 400 billion a year better then burning up 1.4 trillion a year? (I believe it is.)

Edited by DieChecker, 25 September 2012 - 04:14 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#52    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,655 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 24 September 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Where do you get your logic? That is not what I said. But I am sure that is what you want people to think I said.
Since you misinterpreted my post, there is nothing more to respond to.

IOWs, no that is not what I said. But you may twist and spin to your heart's desire.

I only said that the Stupid and Thoughtless were already taken. As evidenced by polls not changing. Thus, I was assuming that the undecided are those actually being targeted, and that they must not be idiots because they are listening and thinking about what they want to do.

But, you said that was wrong. So the opposite of what I said would mean that the Undecided... the Swing Vote... the Independants... (Who must be those targeted. Why target those who will not change?) are the Stupid and Thoughtless that you were talking about.

How else would someone Logically read your post? I complemented the Undecided and you say they are stupid. Then pretty much say you are undecided....

Edited by DieChecker, 25 September 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#53    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,721 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Posted Image

What your chart shows is in effect what my charts show.  Do you even know what you are looking at?  Apparently not...so let me eplain it to you please.  Your chart indicates that we began sliding into a recession in the fall of 2007.  Any guess why that would be?  It is because the housing industry took a nose dive. Your chart also shows that the recession continued it's downward slant until about election time 2008 when it took a dramatic free-fall until the fall of 2010 when The Tea Party Movement swept Republicans into the Majority in the House.
Your chart just confirms everything I was saying.  Thanks!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#54    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,603 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

View Postjoc, on 25 September 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

What your chart shows is in effect what my charts show.  Do you even know what you are looking at?  Apparently not...so let me eplain it to you please.  Your chart indicates that we began sliding into a recession in the fall of 2007.  Any guess why that would be?  It is because the housing industry took a nose dive. Your chart also shows that the recession continued it's downward slant until about election time 2008 when it took a dramatic free-fall until the fall of 2010 when The Tea Party Movement swept Republicans into the Majority in the House.
Your chart just confirms everything I was saying.  Thanks!

And as you see, once out of recession the curve points upwards again. That is what I see and you deny.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#55    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,603 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

in related news:

NY Times said:

Mitt Romney said in an interview aired on Sunday that his campaign “doesn’t need a turnaround.” He told CBS News’s “60 Minutes” that he is tied with President Obama; he has a “very effective campaign; it’s doing a very good job;” and all he needs to do to win is keep repeating his plan to restore economic freedom.

That’s an outright denial of political reality, but Mr. Romney’s willingness to stray from the truth is at the root of what’s really going on. His campaign has been losing ground since the two political conventions. All the reliable national polls now show Mr. Obama ahead, and in two cases substantially so — beyond the margin of error. A variety of polls also shows Mr. Obama with growing leads in most of the important swing states.

To some extent, Mr. Romney’s diminishing stature is because of two recent statements that revealed his deficiencies to a newly interested audience. He falsely suggested that the Obama administration was sympathetic to the violent Muslim protests in Libya and Egypt, illustrating his ignorant and opportunistic critique of foreign policy. And he was caught on video belittling nearly half the country for an overreliance on government handouts.

Read more

about me

#56    joc

joc

• 12,721 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 25 September 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

And as you see, once out of recession the curve points upwards again. That is what I see and you deny.
Please allow me to explain further...an analogy might help...So:  let's say that you and I are standing on the deck of a cruise ship.  I say, Lovely weather today eh?  And you say...I heard there was an earthquake this morning and, btw joc, is that an 80 foot tsunami wave I see coming straight for us?  Oh my, yes it is, I reply.  Wham!  The ship sinks.  Now you and I are plunging to the depths of the bottom of the ocean.   We begin to float back up a few meters and you say.   Joc, we are saved, isn't this great? Let's party.  Things are great now!  I say, Uh, questionmark, we are still deep in the ocean just because the Coast Guard Submarine hooked on and pulled us up a bit isn't the salvation of the ship.   What we need is Romney/Ryan 2012 to put this ship in overdrive and get us back to and floating on the surface once again.

Dude, we are still sinking...

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#57    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,603 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

View Postjoc, on 25 September 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

Please allow me to explain further...an analogy might help...So:  let's say that you and I are standing on the deck of a cruise ship.  I say, Lovely weather today eh?  And you say...I heard there was an earthquake this morning and, btw joc, is that an 80 foot tsunami wave I see coming straight for us?  Oh my, yes it is, I reply.  Wham!  The ship sinks.  Now you and I are plunging to the depths of the bottom of the ocean.   We begin to float back up a few meters and you say.   Joc, we are saved, isn't this great? Let's party.  Things are great now!  I say, Uh, questionmark, we are still deep in the ocean just because the Coast Guard Submarine hooked on and pulled us up a bit isn't the salvation of the ship.   What we need is Romney/Ryan 2012 to put this ship in overdrive and get us back to and floating on the surface once again.

Dude, we are still sinking...

Yeh, we need Romney and Ryan, one of whom claims that reducing taxes increases tax revenue (never happened, never will) and the other seez that we don't need health care because we have emergency rooms.

If you want anything to change what you don't need is that pair of clowns.

about me

#58    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postjoc, on 16 September 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

To answer the question...Why can't Romney break ahead in the polls?...:

The answer is thus:  The polls are crap!   They are manufactured by the news media which is tilted so far left as to be nothing more than a tool of the Democrat Machine.   They always have been, they always will be.  The polls are designed to strengthen Obama and weaken the Republican base.   These polls mean absolutely NOTHING!   Romeny will win in a landslide in November and then we can put this pathetic administration behind us for another 12 or 16 years like we did with Carter.   Speaking of Carter...Good God!  Is this like the sequel to the same bad movie or what?  Deja vu all over again!

And if you can't jump the fence...blame the fence?

What could possibly go wrong?

#59    joc

joc

• 12,721 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostIdano, on 25 September 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

And if you can't jump the fence...blame the fence?
What fence?

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#60    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

View Postjoc, on 25 September 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

What fence?

To answer the question...Why can't Romney break ahead in the polls?...:

The answer is thus:  The polls are crap!

The pole ....uhm....fence

What could possibly go wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users