Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Virgin Mary appears in hospital window

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#46    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

This trait of assigning human characteristics to phenomena is referred to as anthropomorphism or personification and is a very human characteristic that has been exhibited in many cultures, think Aesop. Assigning the iconic Mary to the image is consistent for a spiritual human of the Catholic persuasion. And, research argues that those who engage in spiritual recognition actually deal much more successfully with traumatic stress. So, kudos for those able to envision the holy icon. My first impression of the image ... a seductive blond.

#47    Low Mage

Low Mage

Low magic practitioner

• 3,606 posts

• Who has it all has nothing

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

View Postaraxia, on 13 November 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

... I really don't think the apparition is mary....

since mother mary is just a symbolic symbol that got made up by other pagan beliefs...

mother mary has many other names in pagan lore and looks different and dress different....

the catholic's dark GODDESS WORSHIP actually equate her with HECATE...

Thus if FATIMA is truly a dark and evil witch then the spirit in the window is a demon to make people confused again about dogma and religion....

As we all know religion limits man's ability to think.

Was about to like this but then you had to turn it all evil which is not what those who believe in Mary would want to hear, not like you said it to simply add more facts for us to ponder, instead it seemed as a way to shake another's faith.

You are right, Mary is the feminine aspect of deity, she is the Lady. Anyone who honors that would honor this or at least not attack it even if they are not Catholic, I am not.

I feel really sad for those who all they can do is be negative towards others.

This is why we need Mary and others like her.

Whether she is real or not, the concept of her would never do anything but care for others, that is her character for those insisting she is fictional, and I would prefer her caring than the reality of others tearing others and me down. The sad part is we need others but who wants people if all they do is act negative? Mary should come for all of us, those who believe and those who might believe like me.

For those who will never believe: science can save you.

Although for those who do or might believe, we not only have science but we have Mary (mabye?) Hope she comes, under whatever name, I would like that.

#48    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

I apologize to Catholics and Anglicans, but this figure doesn't seem to bare a resemblance to Virgin Mary. I'm not saying it may not be a sign from God, but it's different from the knows icons of Mary.

#49    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Man.What hunger these sorry people have to believe in something that is nothing,This stain needs to be washed clean before the stupid people come to worship it..If they believe or wanting to believe in something there was a dog outside taking a dump and low and behold it looks like the virgin mary only the mist that is coming from it is steam.Id take and post a picture of it but I dont want a thousand people standing in my yard praying to it,which is what will happen if I release the photo..I bet someone painted the stain on the window just to see what fool would worship it or make a big deal of it',But this is just my opinion

#50    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well if it makes them happy....

#51    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostBling, on 13 November 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

Well if it makes them happy....
I'm sort of split on this. One the one hand, maybe it does bring comfort to people at the hospital in some way.
On the other hand the hospital is now going to be swamped with the faithful, either those looking to be cured of some malady or simply pilgrims.

And for what? For something that looks to be the simply a water stain.

Without being there, and just from the video, it looks like water drainage left deposits on the wall, looks to be the same color actually as the rest of the wall.
Can't say anything else without being there... I wonder how long it was there until someone pointed out it looked like Mary?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#52    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 13 November 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

I'm sort of split on this. One the one hand, maybe it does bring comfort to people at the hospital in some way.
On the other hand the hospital is now going to be swamped with the faithful, either those looking to be cured of some malady or simply pilgrims.

And for what? For something that looks to be the simply a water stain.

Without being there, and just from the video, it looks like water drainage left deposits on the wall, looks to be the same color actually as the rest of the wall.
Can't say anything else without being there... I wonder how long it was there until someone pointed out it looked like Mary?

Well I have other views I could express, but I'm tired of being accused of insulting christians on this forum (only by a few narrow minded ones), and being preached to....it's getting boring. I don't care if they see Mary or Jesus in a piece of apple pie - good for them, eat it, sell it on eBay, pray to it....whatever.

#53    Pinguin

Pinguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Having video footage of the window is good but I would have to be there to make a full honest opinion. But based on the video and some additional photos I was able to find, I would have to say that it may just be a random stain on the window. The stain was pretty obvious and when people saw it, they saw a familiar pattern within the stain. It would be neat if I was able to go and see it for myself though.

#54    Pinguin

Pinguin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

Having video footage of the window is good but I would have to be there to make a full honest opinion. But based on the video and some additional photos I was able to find, I would have to say that it may just be a random stain on the window. The stain was pretty obvious and when people saw it, they saw a familiar pattern within the stain. It would be neat if I was able to go and see it for myself though.

#55    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Pinguin, we heard you the first time. lol

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#56    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,143 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Why is she still called a virgin when Jesus had brothers?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#57    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 14 November 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Why is she still called a virgin when Jesus had brothers?

She was a virgin at the time of Jesus's birth..  The brothers came afterwards..  I think !!

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#58    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

I appeared in court once.

What could possibly go wrong?

#59    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostIdano, on 14 November 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

I appeared in court once.
That was for appearing at a window without the virgin mary clothing on.

Edited by freetoroam, 14 November 2012 - 12:25 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#60    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 14 November 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

That was for appearing at a window without the virgin mary clothing on.
Were you the one gauking? :yes:

What could possibly go wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users