Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Grim Reaper has paid me a visit

gGuardian

First post. Glad to be here on this site everyone. Happy Halloween.

Happened 11 years ago. I never told anyone because I didn't think anyone would ever believe me. This happened during the daylight sometime in the afternoon. Texas. I don't remember the time. I visited a gravesite, stayed for a few minutes, then left. I was certain that no one was around when I visited. It was quite as well.

As soon as I was walking back to the car. I heard a voice behind me. The voice said "you don't belong here". I quickly turned around to see a tall figure dressed in what appeared to be a black cloak. The voice, I cannot describe it. It was low, but you could understand clearly and for some reason just didn't sound right at all. I've heard people talk in many different ways. But when this thing spoke, it really put the hair straight up on the back of my neck. Literally. And no, he wasent carriying a sickle if your wondering. I couldn't see his face because the sun was pointing towards me in my face. Though the sun was blocking my eyes to see any further. I'm positive you couldn't see a face at all. Just complete darkness.

He was very tall. Taller than me. I'm 5'11. He stood about 7'6 I'd say. At least! Another strange thing was that the figure casted no shadow whatsoever. The fingers were very skinny and dark as well. I reacted with insults towards this tall mysterious figure. Ha, probably not the smartest thing on my part at that point your thinking. My reaction was "who the **** are you to tell me that I don't belong here? Who the hell are you?!!" I said.

The tall figure didn't give out his name. No response at all from my insults. There was alot more cursing prior to that. Alright before I continue. You know when it gets cold and you see your breath? Well you could see its breath clearly. And it wasn't even cold. I was already starting to get intimidated by his presence as well as his size and proceeded to my car, quickly. I had left my gun in the car and at that point, I was wishing that I had not left my handgun in the car. Only for protection just so you know. The tall figure was following me, keeping about I'd say 40ft a distance away apart. The sun was out of my eyes and no doubt about it. You could not see his face and you couldn't see any feet. No sound was being made while it moved on the grass either. I really didn't want to be there anymore. I got into my car, looked back and the figure was gone. Completly gone without a trace.

The gravesite is so big in an open wide area, you could easily tell where anyone can run off to. It was gone after I reached for my gun from the glove compartment. Happened as soon as I got my eyes off of him. Couldn't have been more than just a 2 seconds. Not wondering about where he went. I quickly started the car, and left the hell on outta there.

I don't know what I saw or who that person was. If it was a person that is. I keep thinking to myself to this day. What did he meant when he said you don't belong here? And could I have survived if it came to defending my life toe to toe against this, thing? Probably not. Maybe I'm just crazy. Or was someone playing a prank with me? Is Death himself real? I don't know. Hell if I know. I'm glad to share this story with you. Feel free to tell me what ya'll think.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gGuardian

• Yelekiah

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• darkknight

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you mind me asking how old you are now?

That is a good question. How come we get this stuff from people on their first post? Imagination running wild. :no:

. I had left my gun in the car and at that point, I was wishing that I had not left my handgun in the car.

It was gone after I reached for my gun from the glove compartment. Happened as soon as I got my eyes off of him. Couldn't have been more than just a 2 seconds. Not wondering about where he went. I quickly started the car, and left the hell on outta there.

You carried a gun in your car at 17. Did you live in crime central or hell?

Corpus christi at the time. Crime central yes. Hell yes. Look it up and you'll know that place is one of the most dangerous places to be in in the state of Texas. Don't live there no more.

What was I doing prior? Nothing. Just visiting a friends grave who had been killed some years back.

Its alright. I love the questions. And I don't blame for you thinking that its bizarre. No I wasen't mourning.

Edited by gGuardian

I would suggest it was a halucination or dellusion. It is the only thing that makes sense logically.I am not saying your crazy, just putting out possiblities.

Its alright. I love the questions. And I don't blame for you thinking that its bizarre. No I wasen't mourning.

He means were you sad from a death.

welcome guardian :tu:

simple if you were not under any influence blush with death, if you were then mind plays tricks with you. Texas...guns in texas are common.

welcome guardian :tu:

simple if you were not under any influence blush with death, if you were then mind plays tricks with you. Texas...guns in texas are common.

I live in Texas. They are common to have, but not common to carry in a car. Especially at 17.

Don't know. It seemed real. I certainly wasn't in a dream state I know that for sure. Saying that I'm crazy was a suggestion in this topic. Perhaps that in itself is the only possibility.

Thanks for correcting me ericraven2003. I went right past that and corrected myself. My bad. I was not sad over his death. I try not to express those kind of feelings.

Edited by gGuardian

I'm just trying to weed out possibilities, before jumping to a conclusion, so bear with me...Does your family have any history of mental illness?

for some reason it seems like you're not lying. I don't think he is really death but like it, he just waches you I guess. watcher of the dead, messager? he could mean

1. you're not welcome here, like you don't belong dead

2. you don't belong here, like get out of here now

3. you don't belong there, yet

4. you're not welcome to, be dead

I'm just trying to weed out possibilities, before jumping to a conclusion, so bear with me...Does your family have any history of mental illness?

No. There is no history of mental illness.

I live in Texas. They are common to have, but not common to carry in a car. Especially at 17.

its more common in car. more then home! ppl are so worried about safety (crimes)

its more common in car. more then home! ppl are so worried about safety (crimes)

I disagree. Unless you have CC permit, which most people don't have, you would be up shi* creek if a cop finds one. It has the potential to be a felony. Most resonable people would not risk it.

Did you feel that this "spirit" was malicious or just doing his job?

Hell yeah. Most definetly malicious. I felt threatened. I never been so scared in my life.

you would carry it..ofcouse with cc permit, if ya traveling with ur family. or headin outta town.some do some dont...but its kinda common.