Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

They Struck OIL!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,747 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...e-wary-enviros/

This should be fun to watch.  California has suddenly discovered that cash is available from oil reserves in the state.  And the enviros are *gasp* up in arms to stop fracking it out of the ground.

BTW - sorry if I offend any Californians here - nothing personal but your state has become a bit of a comedy routine for the rest of the nation.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

A vast, untapped oil reserve in California is emerging as perhaps one of the state’s best opportunities to improve its still struggling economy, but exploration and production efforts face resistance from the powerful environmental lobby and Gov. Jerry Brown’s administration that appears not to be fully sold on the potential.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

of course they do not want to go there, they are still in deals with the middle east oil companies.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

View Postand then, on 09 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

http://www.foxnews.c...e-wary-enviros/

This should be fun to watch.  California has suddenly discovered that cash is available from oil reserves in the state.  And the enviros are *gasp* up in arms to stop fracking it out of the ground.

BTW - sorry if I offend any Californians here - nothing personal but your state has become a bit of a comedy routine for the rest of the nation.
i think its the result of liberal extremism lol, alot of good has come from cali im sure.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

well if they cant do it with there offshore drilling of which there are many old ones left let them frac Cali till it drops off into the ocean. Just give them like a 10 minuter warning so the Hollywood types and politicians can escape and all will be well.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 09 February 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

i think its the result of liberal extremism lol, alot of good has come from cali im sure.

They do nice oranges.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,885 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Given that, or so they say, this mysterious process of Fracking does seem to have a tendency to cause Earth tremors, I suppose you can see what they might not think that was the best idea..
Although, of course, our old friends Mega Oil would obviously fight to protect their monopolistic hold on supplies, wouldn't they. Wouldn't it be ironical to see the Enviromental people and the Oil companies both fighting to stop this?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#7    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

California has already been fracked by Mother Nature. Seriously fracked.

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Fruits and nuts is just LA .That whole city is just fracked up :lol:

Miss me?

#9    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,419 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I wonder how the farmers feel about this... I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the shale area overlaps with a lot of farming areas.

#10    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

I believe thats the soft spot in the San Andreas fault as well.

#11    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,066 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

but your state has become a bit of a comedy routine for the rest of the nation.

only for conservatives and mostly in the South. Don't project.

And "fracking" is bad.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#12    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,584 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

OOOpps, I accidentally pressed the buttons to utterly destroy Iran and NK with nukes.

My bad.

Oh wait, the World's much safer now.

Not my bad.

#13    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

I do not consider it "bad", but its is an operation type with a certain number of enviormental problems, especially in a geologically active zone as California. In a side note, i have noticed in the last few years how strong is the movement on the use of "fracking" to get oil and gas, worldwide.

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#14    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,803 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

I always saw California as one of the most progressive states in the US.

Edited by Orcseeker, 10 February 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#15    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,021 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 09 February 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Given that, or so they say, this mysterious process of Fracking does seem to have a tendency to cause Earth tremors, I suppose you can see what they might not think that was the best idea..
Although, of course, our old friends Mega Oil would obviously fight to protect their monopolistic hold on supplies, wouldn't they. Wouldn't it be ironical to see the Enviromental people and the Oil companies both fighting to stop this?

If fracking does cause quakes, then wouldn't that actually be a good thing since the process relieves pressure from inside the Earth's crust that could grow to be an even worse quake later?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users