Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Independent god ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    _Only

_Only

• 6,508 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 16 November 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Perhaps they see how pointless it is? Science left philosophy and got results.

Depends what point you're trying to reach.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#17    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

View Post_Only, on 16 November 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Who said a creator had to be perfect? Old books written by men, right?

Well if our 'creator' made so many mistakes then he/she is not very good at their job! They should be sacked, not revered.

#18    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,986 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 16 November 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Today the main religions are based on 1 God. I can understand the Greeks and Romans beliefs in their Gods which depicted the natural elements and what we can actually see, eg: sun, moon, stars. But what I will never understand is how 2 intelligent civilizations disowned their gods to follow one which can not be seem or felt?

I do not believe in A god, but do respect nature and all it has to offer us, I respect the universe, the Earth we live on, and time. I do not see a reason why i should "believe" in these because they are there and are apart of my reality, I do not believe they exist, I KNOW THEY EXIST.
To me there is nothing greater than time, mother nature and the Universe we live in, who created them? well, I am far too small to question them, but I am big enough to respect them.

If you look at the history of judaism, you will come to understand. Basically the god of the jews was  not  just monotheistic but personal. The people were expected to have a familiar personal relationship with god.

The old testament illustrates how god did appear to men and walk with them. God was made manifest to these people  in many physical ways. This manifestation culminates (in the christian evolution of judaism ) in christ, who is god made manifest as man, and has the same spiritual and physical powers as god. This was a major religious transition from the gods of babylon and egypt who also had some input into the god of the early hebiru (hebrew) people.

In historicla terms the evolution of such a god came in part from hebiru values such as the importance of linear time and genealogy, and new learned knowledge. It was also a god more suited to pastoralism and agricuture than the old gods of hunting and gathering as the laws of the OT illustrate, because this religion was about ordering and structuring society in  a new  way, as much as about individual worship.
However, the creative element of god was retained from earlier forms. ALos the duality of a spiritual and physical form to god was kept. In a way, it brought pantheism into a unified god. Today in some places christian belief is including a form of pantheism  where god is a universal living conscious force, inhabiting all things. That debate  on the nature of  the christian god has been going on for  around  150 years, in christian circles, that I am aware of.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#19    _Only

_Only

• 6,508 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

View PostBling, on 16 November 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Well if our 'creator' made so many mistakes then he/she is not very good at their job!

I love them. I adore the vulnerable.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users