Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are Mormons a cult ?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

any  form of religion can be a cult. the biggest cult leader is Joel Osteen

#32    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 November 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Religions are organized,and should worship a deity of some kind ,without personal liberties being exploited.
Monies are donated .

Cults usually have a human leader ,who designates who does what,and limits members freedoms.
Money is requested ,not donated . ie scientology or EST .
Some cults worship some sort of idol ,but there is always a human at the helm ,who controls it all.
And please don't akin the Pope to this kind of figure head.
Popes are appointed by a jury of peers.
Cult heads are self appointed .

These are very key differences in my opinion .
Mormons believe in god and heaven ,and do no harm .

Mormons are a false religion. Mormons believe in god and heaven???? Apparently, you don't know much about their false religion. It is a far out as Scientology. Jesus originally came to earth as Adam and brought one of his many wives with him. If Jesus gets enough wives and children he can someday be a god like God the Father and have his own planet. They change the rules or requirements when it is expedient -- such as polygamy dropped in order to get into the US union as a state. But they still revere Joseph Smith as a true prophet.

They do no harm????????? The great, granddaughter of Brigham Young named Sandra Tanner was born and raised in the Mormon church. She and her husband had their eyes opened and wrote a book, "Major Problems With Mormonism" in which they did extensive research to show and teach others how evil Joseph Smith was and how he married men to multiply wives even after he denounced polygamy for political reasons. As you said, a cult has one self made leader. That was Joseph Smith. So go to her web site.  But be careful that you get her web site; because the deceptive Mormons have used so many ways to cause you to land at their web site instead.

#33    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

A religion sounds crazy to a person who doesn't follow that religion AND it's done harm to followers of it? What a shocking and unexpected turn of events. -monotone-

Posted Image

~MEH~

#34    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

View PostCopen, on 08 November 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Mormons are a false religion. Mormons believe in god and heaven???? Apparently, you don't know much about their false religion. It is a far out as Scientology. Jesus originally came to earth as Adam and brought one of his many wives with him. If Jesus gets enough wives and children he can someday be a god like God the Father and have his own planet. They change the rules or requirements when it is expedient -- such as polygamy dropped in order to get into the US union as a state. But they still revere Joseph Smith as a true prophet.

They do no harm????????? The great, granddaughter of Brigham Young named Sandra Tanner was born and raised in the Mormon church. She and her husband had their eyes opened and wrote a book, "Major Problems With Mormonism" in which they did extensive research to show and teach others how evil Joseph Smith was and how he married men to multiply wives even after he denounced polygamy for political reasons. As you said, a cult has one self made leader. That was Joseph Smith. So go to her web site.  But be careful that you get her web site; because the deceptive Mormons have used so many ways to cause you to land at their web site instead.
Anyone who is so ARROGANT ,that they feel the need to put down any religion,is no better than a radical .
Morons baptise everyone ,to make sure they get INTO heaven ,which I actually find just as arrogant as your attitude ,but it works for them.
I know the entire story ,and unlike scientologists,they do not force their practices or collect monies ,from anyone .
Scientology is not recognised as a true religion,by anyone.
They have only rich members for a reason .Or haven't you noticed ,they're all rich ?
They do not recruit on skidrow...Mormons accept anyone.
They do no harm to anyone else,and they are generally nice people. I don't agree with all their practices,but who am I to condemn it ,when I worship gods of the dead and cemeteries .

I have two mormon friends ,one a very close friend,and she is someone I cherish .
The other converted to Mormonism ,and it saved him from a life of drugs and depravity .
Whatever it is they do ,it works for many people . It's no one place to bash it,especially when they are probably a complete religious hypocrit themselves .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 08 November 2012 - 12:34 AM.

Miss me?

#35    Copen

Copen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 November 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

Morons baptise everyone ,to make sure they get INTO heaven ,which I actually find just as arrogant as your attitude ,but it works for them.

I believe you got that right. LOL

#36    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,410 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I've met a few who were proper cults but most have been nice, in my experience.

#37    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,213 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostGrey14, on 06 November 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

They are also not representative of the Moron religion, they are a fringe group. There are less than 10000 members compared to 14 million LDS.

The moron religion? That's priceless. :clap:

#38    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,213 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 07 November 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

Technically,masons are an ordered organization ,with alleged secret rituals .
It's not a religion as far as I know.
You can be a Catholic ,and a mason

Strictly speaking, no, that's not correct.

But go ahead. :yes:

#39    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,097 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostCopen, on 08 November 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Not any stranger than drinking wine to represent blood, and pretending to eat the flesh of a slaughtered savior or any other of the different Christian practices from snake handling to cutting peices of little babies penus off. It's all the same to me.

What's wrong with getting your own planet anyway? There are plenty of them out there. I'll pass on the multiple wives thing though... That sounds more like hell :devil:

Edited by Seeker79, 08 November 2012 - 07:56 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#40    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostAntilles, on 08 November 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Strictly speaking, no, that's not correct.

But go ahead. :yes:
Which part isn't correct ? That you can be of a certain religion AND a mason ?
Or something else ,as it was an example.
The Vatican denounced freemasonry ,however,they also denounce premarital sex,pedophilia,   and abortion .I don't see that stopping anyone from doing them,including their own priests .

The Vatican deounces all paganism and witchcraft,and I am living proof,a Catholic can tell the Catholic church to **** off .
Go figure .

I know a few people,of various religions,including Catholic,that are also masons .
So your point is ?

Miss me?

#41    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

• Mercuræn

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Christianity began as a Cult . . . a Cult is defined as "a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre", this immediately transfers to "Us against Them" scenarios.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#42    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,213 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 09 November 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

Which part isn't correct ? That you can be of a certain religion AND a mason ?
Or something else ,as it was an example.
The Vatican denounced freemasonry ,however,they also denounce premarital sex,pedophilia,   and abortion .I don't see that stopping anyone from doing them,including their own priests .

The Vatican deounces all paganism and witchcraft,and I am living proof,a Catholic can tell the Catholic church to **** off .
Go figure .

I know a few people,of various religions,including Catholic,that are also masons .
So your point is ?

How many Catholic masons do you really know? Seriously?

The Catholic Church and the Masonic Temple have never been bed mates.

Geez, I had to go back up to the top to read what the title of this thread is.

It's about Morons. Sorry, no, Mormons.

Simbi Laveau - love that name, what does it actually mean? Who cares, it just rolls off the tongue.

Are Mormons a cult?

If Scientology is a religion then Mormons are a religion.

Imagine if the Scientologists had a state like Utah.

Hang on, don't they have Germany?

#43    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostAntilles, on 09 November 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Simbi Laveau - love that name, what does it actually mean? Who cares, it just rolls off the tongue.

Are Mormons a cult?

My uncle ,who was italian ,and quite devoutly catholic,was a mason,as were most of my uncle's on that side of the family . He got me a woman's masons ring. It's the star ,with each point a different stone ,and a diamond in the center . I can take a photo of it.
As far as I know,they all joined after serving in ww2 . The masons now also recruit women ,of all ethnicities,to do various form of fund raising.
I know this because I know a russian,orthodox Jew russian,from russia ,woman,who does this for them .
They fly her all over the country to special meeting etc .

And scientologists do have a state. It's called hollywood..

Ive known Mormons,and I've known scientologists .
One are a bunch of pushy *******s,and the other gave us a cool pop band from the 70s . None of whom have died from an od of prescription drugs .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 09 November 2012 - 11:39 AM.

Miss me?

#44    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostAntilles, on 09 November 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Are Mormons a cult?

What do you mean? Scientology is not even classified a religion in Germany.

#45    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• 1,547 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

The Mormons (LDS) could be viewed as a cult by some.  They are a religion that was founded as a scam.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users