Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lack of contact with nature 'increasing

allergies nature

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,346 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

A lack of exposure to a "natural environment" could be resulting in more urban dwellers developing allergies and asthma, research has suggested.

Finnish scientists say certain bacteria, shown to be beneficial for human health, are found in greater abundance in non-urban surroundings.

The microbiota play an important role in the development and maintenance of the immune system, they add.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-17952320

Posted Image

#2    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

I believe this has much to do with being to more diverse nature, or the nature we're used to be in touch with for many generations. The more different microbial lifeforms you come to touch with, the more diverse resistance you may develop, as long as you keep your basic health up.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#3    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

it's funny..
well.. not funny.. more tragic

for a long time i've been saying to anyone who'd listen - "seperation from nature is mankinds biggest problem now"

it's like... one time many years ago a friend and i are watching some crap on TV, they've done surgery on a gorilla, its recuperation is spent in what could only be described as a jail cell...[edit: the narrator at this point explains how the gorilla 'mysteriously' died] my friend turns to me (there is almost a tear in his eye) saying "wtf - they stick it in that unnatural environment and they're expecting it to get better???"

how come my friend gets it, but supposed greater minds didn't?

the nature we're used to be in touch with
even feet contacting the earth is important

Edited by unit, 08 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#4    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 08 May 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

This is only my opinion. I always believed that losing contact with nature is one of the most detramental things the human race can do to itself. We need to reaquaint ourselves with nature.

Robbie James

#5    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,532 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

There's nothing quite like waking just after dawn on a bright summers day,on a boat on the river,the air is really fresh,birds start their songs,river gurgling,swans nosing about,and then the smell of freshly cooked bacon butties,absolute heaven..I feel sorry for the masses in the cities,who cannot get away from their environment..

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

Also tagged with allergies, nature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users