Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The new crop of tools I've seen misused on TV

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

Also see Goldsmith's College Dept of Psychology in the UK

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#17    Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

In response to Sakari's post, I think those organizations who attempted this research didn't really know what they were doing either. At least  for "ghost" or "spirit" type subject matter. Most of them were psychologist which is good for things like studying ESP but as far as ghost or energy claims I feel it needs more of a physics approach.

#18    flbrnt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

The Society for Psychical Research is still in operation. That is perhaps the oldest and most respected scientific body to investigate mediumship and hauntings founded by some of the greatest scientific minds of the 1880s.

#19    coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I so want to post a meme of Shatner screaming Khhhaann!  But it would be so off topic.  I won't.

#20    Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

LOL coldethyl

I'll throw in some more  government programs:
Project Stargate!
Didn't anyone see the movie "The Men Who Stare at Goats"?  There is a grain of truth around which the film was based.
Am I the only one who remembers that the Apollo astronauts attempted ESP experiments?

Periodically the government gets in on the act too.  But the inability of to independently verify results and recreate the experiments with the same results is what eventually spells doom to these types of projects, even if they do produce any interesting data.  It is this data that keeps me open to the possibilities presented by these experiments.

And with respect to the "3D" camera, please refer back to my original description.  It was not really 3D, just a regular video camera and some motion capture software being operated by a fool that didn't even bother to read the instructions let alone have any concept of how it worked.

And I would be more than happy to assist any group that wanted to use science to properly measure and quantify any phenomenon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users