Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NY paper publishes gun owner info

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,640 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostEonwe, on 29 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

The right to bare arms is a right endowed by our creator, not our government.

It isn't a privilege as the liberals are trying to make it. The government has no such power to arbitrarily get rid of it.

Nor alter it. In fact, the first ten amendments are liberties that naturally preexist - the entire Bill of Rights is composed of unalienable rights.

And I'm sorry, but that logic doesn't make sense.

Child molesters who did something illegal to be permanently labeled as such - versus - legal, law abiding gun owners who have committed no crimes - and even if they did, it's not the public's right to see such information unless they were a manager trying to employ someone with a criminal record. Whether or not they own a gun is irrelevant because the guns are legal. To expose law abiding citizen's home addresses, names, and information for owning a gun is just trying to manipulate public opinion towards gun owners by making them look to be similar to pedophiles. Morally, there is a huge difference between the two - and to even compare the two is dumb and disgusting.

Morally, they are not comparable. This shows that gun owners are being unfairly targeted and demonized.

It's the pre-gaming preconditioning for the public before the liberals go after the guns and the Second Amendment.

Common sense.
They can sing that tune all they like - but when they actually come for the guns I do believe it's not going to be as easy as they think.  I can see widespread bloodshed because of it and that's why I think it will be done gradually.  A few here, a few there. Registration, databases of those that buy ammo...things like that.  There is already a market for PVC tubes that can be buried with weapons inside.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#62    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

View Postand then, on 30 December 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

They can sing that tune all they like - but when they actually come for the guns I do believe it's not going to be as easy as they think.  I can see widespread bloodshed because of it and that's why I think it will be done gradually.  A few here, a few there. Registration, databases of those that buy ammo...things like that.  There is already a market for PVC tubes that can be buried with weapons inside.

I hope it doesn't come to it.. If the government tries to take our guns I'll keep one thing in mind:

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

I'm young and willing to put my life on the line so that another has the freedom to criticize my opinions.

Would I like to put my life on the line for freedom? Not necessarily out of virtue that I would like to live.

But I could if I had to.

I just don't believe this organized anti-gun fever is the right way to go about any of this.

Edited by Eonwe, 30 December 2012 - 01:52 AM.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#63    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,395 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

View Postninjadude, on 29 December 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Actually there is a world of difference in those two things.

And people want to know that to avoid those people.
Whatever man. Maybe you'd have been better off comparing this list to Angie's List instead of Megan's Law List but you've made yourself clear. We know what you think and it's ugly.
So if you see a longtime neighbor on this list who've you've always been friendly with do you completely disregard them from that point on? What about an old friend? A family member you were unaware has a gun? There is so much wrong with everything you say.

Posted Image

#64    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

In relation to Mr. Fess' point, the idea that owning a gun is cancerous is deranged.

The idea that someone owning a gun could even be compared to a "mental problem" is a horrible, horrible sign.

Once gun owners start being labeled as mentally incompetent for owning a gun, a constitutional right, we can tell America is being targeted.

Targeted for demolition. It seems like our very ideals are being exploited and reworded to fit the neo-Liberal, Globalist version of an "ideal world".

A world that involves uneducated, koolaid drinking, unarmed, scared, and obedient citizens pandering to government for a reward or entitlement.

#65    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,395 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

It doesn't seem that way Eonwe. It is that way.

Posted Image

#66    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 30 December 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

It doesn't seem that way Eonwe. It is that way.

And it is a sad day indeed. :unsure2:

But I suppose it is the result of the fault of many.

The fault of the people for not being as active in government, and the fault of the government for impressing these agendas and for trying to redefine our freedoms and our history. America has declined because of cultural marxism, draconian law making, and a mixture of general apathy and trustfulness in the voting public.

Edited by Eonwe, 30 December 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#67    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostEonwe, on 29 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

The right to bare arms is a right endowed by our creator, not our government.

then, I don't believe in your creator (capitalism is it?). My creator said nothing like that.

, it's not the public's right to see such information

You would be completely wrong here. It was public information already. It simply easier now on the internet.

Edited by ninjadude, 30 December 2012 - 08:26 PM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#68    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

View Postand then, on 30 December 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

They can sing that tune all they like - but when they actually come for the guns

who's comming for guns? Repealing the 2nd amendment or even stricter gun control doesn't mean they are "comming for the guns".

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#69    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 30 December 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

So if you see a longtime neighbor on this list who've you've always been friendly with do you completely disregard them from that point on? What about an old friend? A family member you were unaware has a gun?

Yeah I might avoid them. If I had young children they would be no where near them. I might reconsider a neighborhood when moving. etc. Ugly? no, realistic.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#70    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

View Postninjadude, on 29 December 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

A vast majority favor stricter gun control. The "founding fathers" lived in the 18th century. Times and weapons change. But you're right I went a bit too far with explosive devices. Guns are not a god given right.

Again I said no such thing. I'm saying the moral need to know where both reside is comparable.
`

Show me the statistics for your "vast majority". Firearm sales went up by a drastic ammount in 2012... Even before the month of December (yes, before the Newtown killings) the FBI recorded 16,808,538 instant background checks for gun purchases... that number alone (remember, this is Pre December) beat the 2011 numbers by 350,000. December usually projects 2,000,000 new gun owners but after a great deal of reading and research,it looks like that number was closer to 4-5 million. You arent going to convince me that this is due to 50 rednecks buying 200 rifles each everyday..... Now, even when you go to the Whitehouse petition site you see petitions for gun control/ stricter laws/ outlawing.... when I checked those last week there were a few hundred signatures... and then you see the petitions for leaving the second ammendment in tact. THOSE petitions have a few thousand signatures....

Lets face it... guns, in the hands of responsible people, make us safer. You can not like that all you want, doesnt make It any less true. And I really dont think that a guy who has hundreds of men following him around 24/7 that are armed to the teeth for HIS protection, has any right to try to tell me I dont need my firearm.

Edit: posted from my 360.... would take forever to edit out every grammatical error. LoL

Edited by Dredimus, 31 December 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#71    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,395 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

You typed all that on a 360!

Posted Image

#72    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

You can plug a usb keyboard right into the 360, makes those long messages a bunch easier.

#73    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,395 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

I see. I'm a PS3 guy but its my last resort for Internet browsing, let alone typing.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 31 December 2012 - 06:25 AM.

Posted Image

#74    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 31 December 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

I see. I'm a PS3 guy but its my last resort for Internet browsing, let alone typing.

LoL. Yeah, I have a USB Flex Board. My PC is actually down right now so thats what I use to surf the forums at home.

#75    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hypocrites, idiots, no one even made a threat
NEWSPAPER THAT PUBLISHED THE NAMES & ADDRESSES OF GUN OWNERS HIRES ARMED GUARDS
“A Clarkstown police report issued on December 28, 2012, confirmed that The Journal News has hired armed security guards from New City-based RGA Investigations and that they are manning the newspaper’s Rockland County headquarters … through at least tomorrow, Wednesday, January 2, 2013,” the County Times reports.

Journal News Rockland Editor Caryn A. McBride said she was genuinely surprised to discover that publishing a map with the names and addresses of gun owners would result in “negative correspondence,” that is, an “avalanche” of angry phone calls and emails, police reports note.

“Due to apparent safety concerns, the newspaper then decided to hire RGA Investigations to provide armed personnel to man the location,” the County Times report adds.
Continued... http://www.theblaze....s-armed-guards/

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 02 January 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users