Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

celtic cross

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    BuffY

BuffY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:30 PM

The Celtic cross, which is an ancient and sacred symbol, with which most people are familiar, appears to be a representation of an ancient instrument that was used by our ancestors as far back as Neolithic times. I believe that it was what the Ancient Egyptians and Phoenicians used to survey their buildings and navigate the oceans of the world. Despite the discovery of cocaine in some of the Egyptian Mummies, it has been argued, in august and academic circles, that it was impossible for them or the Phoenicians to have crossed the Atlantic in prehistory, because of their inability to navigate.                                                  

Attached Files

...i am caught in the HUNTER'S net.....

#2    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 02:49 PM

maybe the egyption ankh was use like a compas or somthing. i dont know how it woyuld work..but maybe                                                  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#3    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 05:06 AM

I wouldn't say impossible simply because we couldn't be there to witness it first hand, I would state it as improbable. As I sit here thinking of all the ancient wonders, mainly the pyramids for the moment, I think if they could build those with what little they had then they could have had there own little trading or scouting party that crossed the Atlantic. There might not be any evidence that they were ever there, but wouldn't it to the natives like they were Gods coming to reap what they may from the inhabitants of where they happened to live? I don't want to go into a long discussion, so I'll leave it at that.                                                  

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#4    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 05:07 AM

I wouldn't say impossible simply because we couldn't be there to witness it first hand, I would state it as improbable. As I sit here thinking of all the ancient wonders, mainly the pyramids for the moment, I think if they could build those with what little they had then they could have had there own little trading or scouting party that crossed the Atlantic. There might not be any evidence that they were ever there, but wouldn't it to the natives like they were Gods coming to reap what they may from the inhabitants of where they happened to live? I don't want to go into a long discussion, so I'll leave it at that.                                                  

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users