Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Encounter Revealed After Almost 40 Years

UFO Encounter Revealed After Almost 40 Years By Ex-Military Pilot:

Hi all!

I just thought that I would share this interesting article from the Huffington Post about distinguished and decorated Vietnam Veteran Squadron Capt. Larry Jividen and his UFO encounter in 1975.

...and before anyone cries "only anecdotal"..let me say that "I know it is", but it is the kind of mighty interesting and reasonably compelling recounting of a eminently respectable witness that tends to grab my attention!

There's also a couple of decent video clips in the link..the first one features a couple of pilot close encounters with UFOs, and the second one is one that has the NASA scientist Richard Haines describing a pilot encounter with a spectacular triangular UFO whilst on route from southern Florida to north Carolina....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/ufo-encounter-pilot_n_1396078.html

Cheers.

GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DONTEATUS

• quillius

• psyche101

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UFO Encounter Revealed After Almost 40 Years By Ex-Military Pilot:

Hi all!

I just thought that I would share this interesting article from the Huffington Post about distinguished and decorated Vietnam Veteran Squadron Capt. Larry Jividen and his UFO encounter in 1975.

...and before anyone cries "only anecdotal"..let me say that "I know it is", but it is the kind of mighty interesting and reasonably compelling recounting of a eminently respectable witness that tends to grab my attention!

There's also a couple of decent video clips in the link..the first one features a couple of pilot close encounters with UFOs, and the second one is one that has the NASA scientist Richard Haines describing a pilot encounter with a spectacular triangular UFO whilst on route from southern Florida to north Carolina....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/ufo-encounter-pilot_n_1396078.html

Cheers.

GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

There are a lot of very credible pilots who've been reporting UFO's since before WWII. Interestingly, the German pilot who saw them thought the Allies had a new super weapon and Allied pilots reported the same thing. This carried over into the ensuing cold war and we still today have these things being reported. I can't say what they are exactly but I don't think the belief in alien visitors holds a great deal of water either. My pet theory is maybe they're some natural manifestation related to the Earth's coronal energy, but I could be wrong.

I think the bigger story is that there are pilots that view UFOs ( whatever they are ) as a threat to their aircraft but fear coming forward.

I think the bigger story is that there are pilots that view UFOs ( whatever they are ) as a threat to their aircraft but fear coming forward.

They can only fear their own tales. Pilots do not get reprimanded for reporting UFO's.

Reminds me of Skyeagle and his sighting in Vietnam. I have PM'd him and asked him if he would like to have a look at the article and perhaps comment. His sighting was geographically and timed close to this one from memory. (6 years earlier?) Interesting read. Thanks for the link.

Edited by psyche101

They can only fear their own tales. Pilots do not get reprimanded for reporting UFO's.

Hey Psyche, maybe they dont get reprimanded, I know we struggle to find evidence of this. However there is a definite 'stigma' attached to any pilot reporting a UFO, their sanity is questioned. I do think this stems from the amount of people (especially historically) that define UFO to be ET.

you only have to look at the comments such as 'UFO's arent real' or 'UFO's do not exist' to understand that this association is far too common.

Reminds me of Skyeagle and his sighting in Vietnam. I have PM'd him and asked him if he would like to have a look at the article and perhaps comment. His sighting was geographically and timed close to this one from memory. (6 years earlier?) Interesting read. Thanks for the link.

I do hope Sky returns ....:)

nice post as usual by the way 1963 :tu:

He is over at the moonhoax and 911 conspiracy section..... kicking the believers butts these days.

Who would have ever guessed...

He is over at the moonhoax and 911 conspiracy section..... kicking the believers butts these days.

Who would have ever guessed...

I know I have been following the two main 9-11 threads.....

I dont think its strange at all....he knows 9-11 was a terrorist attack so defends the government....and he knows the government has information on ET so he attacks the government... :alien:

If we were to have one of the 'main' debunkers of the ETH go across and support the CT's on 9-11 ...now that would be shocking :)

Edited by quillius

There use to be a real fear of being grounded or your career coming to a standstill if you reported it. That's not the case any more, they just don't want you talking to the press about it.

Hey Psyche, maybe they dont get reprimanded, I know we struggle to find evidence of this. However there is a definite 'stigma' attached to any pilot reporting a UFO, their sanity is questioned. I do think this stems from the amount of people (especially historically) that define UFO to be ET.

you only have to look at the comments such as 'UFO's arent real' or 'UFO's do not exist' to understand that this association is far too common.

Hi Quillius

I would think that might be related to the tale itself. The wilder the claim and the amount of proof would determine the amount of ridicule. Many also keep saying that scientists do not speak out about ET, but ignore Professor Hawking. As many say UFO's are real as those that say not, and I think these days the majority would be in the positive. Pilots who report ET might get more flak than those that report a UFO I would suspect. Overall, I do wonder just how much truth there is in the legend of pilots fearing to report anomalies and of so, what those circumstance were. The UFO's aren't real comments are mostly quite old opinions. I think most people today realise the UFO phenomena exists, it is just the conclusion these days that is the source of debate.

nice post as usual by the way 1963 :tu:

Well, I asked him so lets see, I personally am interested to see if this has any similarities that might help validate Sky's encounter.

Cheers.

If we were to have one of the 'main' debunkers of the ETH go across and support the CT's on 9-11 ...now that would be shocking :)

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you... :lol:

...If we were to have one of the 'main' debunkers of the ETH go across and support the CT's on 9-11 ...now that would be shocking :)

The problem with this idea is that those who demand evidence for ET contact are most likely going to demand evidence for the existence of 9/11 conspiracy theory as well. :yes:

Skyeagle Im almost positive he saw what he described back then. Ive talked to Him in person on this ! And I have been known to Fly an occasionley aircraft and My sighting was in the 80`s Too real still to this day ! I would have to say All people that are at least half awake at the Stick,should not be discounted !

Sky`s an Alright Guy remember He has served our country for many,Many years ! Hats Off Sky ! :tu:

Skyeagle Im almost positive he saw what he described back then. Ive talked to Him in person on this ! And I have been known to Fly an occasionley aircraft and My sighting was in the 80`s Too real still to this day ! I would have to say All people that are at least half awake at the Stick,should not be discounted !

Sky`s an Alright Guy remember He has served our country for many,Many years ! Hats Off Sky ! :tu:

Do you think this might sound like his experience at all, or perhaps he even crossed paths with this chap at some point?? It would be nice to know if you can drag him over here to have a look see.

Sky and I have had some heated discussion in the past, and we have both been uncomplimentary to each other due to our passionate stances, but as a person, his turnaround was something we can all look at as a good example to follow. I even received a nice email from him which made me feel bad about how personal some debates got. I would like to not debate this sighting with Sky, but for a change, discuss it. I would normally not have taken such a close look, but it may well bear some similarities to what Sky experienced. As such, the personal touch makes the case all the more intriguing. As you know, I have always been a big fan of collaboration.

And yes, everyone who served for a better life for everybody deserves a hats of. Great people from all ranks and places.

hats-off.jpg

Edited by psyche101

Do you think this might sound like his experience at all, or perhaps he even crossed paths with this chap at some point?? It would be nice to know if you can drag him over here to have a look see.

Sky and I have had some heated discussion in the past, and we have both been uncomplimentary to each other due to our passionate stances, but as a person, his turnaround was something we can all look at as a good example to follow. I even received a nice email from him which made me feel bad about how personal some debates got. I would like to not debate this sighting with Sky, but for a change, discuss it. I would normally not have taken such a close look, but it may well bear some similarities to what Sky experienced. As such, the personal touch makes the case all the more intriguing. As you know, I have always been a big fan of collaboration.

And yes, everyone who served for a better life for everybody deserves a hats of. Great people from all ranks and places.

hats-off.jpg

Love that attitude ! And the Gold Greetings Bot ! Would you believe I have the Game too !

post-68971-0-61430900-1333591825_thumb.j

Love that attitude ! And the Gold Greetings Bot ! Would you believe I have the Game too !

You know I would believe that in a heartbeat! Make sure Sky gets an extra chocolate egg this year for me! ;)

I'm a full blown believer in UFO's. However, not ET UFO's, rather that these aerospace objects are Military Black Projects. Cool article. Thanks for the read!

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

Hi Quillius

I would think that might be related to the tale itself. The wilder the claim and the amount of proof would determine the amount of ridicule. Many also keep saying that scientists do not speak out about ET, but ignore Professor Hawking. As many say UFO's are real as those that say not, and I think these days the majority would be in the positive. Pilots who report ET might get more flak than those that report a UFO I would suspect. Overall, I do wonder just how much truth there is in the legend of pilots fearing to report anomalies and of so, what those circumstance were. The UFO's aren't real comments are mostly quite old opinions. I think most people today realise the UFO phenomena exists, it is just the conclusion these days that is the source of debate.

Hi Psyche,

I think this is quite an interesting line of thought to follow, the line being just how frightened were the pilots of reporting these UFOs, and also what was the reason for this fear. I personally do think the Government attempted to cover/down play the phenomenon, my stumbling block at the moment is the reason why. I am edging towards one of two scenarios, they believed these UFO's were alien controlled craft (at very least -controlled craft) OR they knew about some extra terrestrial tech/info that was to be buried deep behind close doors. I appreciate that there is a third option of they just didnt know and wanted to keep things under wraps until they knew more.

The pilots fear and the reasons for could be a good way into the above question of what exactly the Government knew/thought they knew.

Maybe I should start a thread soon :)

Well, I asked him so lets see, I personally am interested to see if this has any similarities that might help validate Sky's encounter.

Cheers.

maybe I will go and give him a nudge also :)

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you... :lol:

probably wise advice there Boony. Would be good to watch though :w00t:

The problem with this idea is that those who demand evidence for ET contact are most likely going to demand evidence for the existence of 9/11 conspiracy theory as well. :yes:

well yes I suppose they would...major difference being that 9-11 will definitely have evidence, and that if you dig deep enough you will find.

With ET though they may have visited 10 times a year for 40 years but would leave no trace of evidence apart from 'lights in the sky'...

I guess what I am saying is, if 9-11 was not as it says on the tin then there will be evidence to prove/disprove. As opposed to the ETH, this may easily be true but this doesnt mean there is any evidence (at least not of the scientific kind)

I know I have been following the two main 9-11 threads.....

I dont think its strange at all....he knows 9-11 was a terrorist attack so defends the government....and he knows the government has information on ET so he attacks the government... :alien:

:lol::tu:

Edited by Hazzard

Maybe not officially but do you really believe airlines want their pilots talking about UFOS being a treat to safety of the planes.

There are many more pilot encounter cases that are more exciting than this one. Why wait 40 years just to tell people you saw a red flash of light in the sky?

The Iranian UFO incident, IMO, is the most interesting.

Perhaps they are us from the far future? Or maybe holographic projections from the far far future? Our descendants have figured out how to send back objects made of light where they can monitor and send back images to the future to see how they came to be?