Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Next 100 years and beyond

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 02 May 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

I'd rather the Japanese not cheat and use monolithic boulders instead ... lasts longer too

If they use monolithic boulders, the thing will turn into a heap of rubble within a century. Don't forget where they live....

#77    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 02 May 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Posted Image
from link : http://blog.world-my...-great-pyarmid/

how this constitutes as proof of Houdin's theory of internal ramps is beyond me truth be told ...

Click on the link to the pdf just above that image, and there you will see this (click to enlarge):

Attached File  Houdin_GP.jpg   44.3K   4 downloads

And that is the original pic.

God, I hope this will not be another thread about those fkg pyramids.

#78    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,968 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 02 May 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

If they use monolithic boulders, the thing will turn into a heap of rubble within a century. Don't forget where they live....

I did asked some engineers to look into how quake proof the Gizamids are once .... practically indestructible was the answer, if a quake powerful enough with the Richter numbers to shake the G1 apart would also shake the whole Cairo delta off the map .... no worries.

View PostAbramelin, on 02 May 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Click on the link to the pdf just above that image, and there you will see this (click to enlarge):

~image snip

And that is the original pic.

God, I hope this will not be another thread about those fkg pyramids.

:lol:

No ... let's not hijack this one ... I get what you mean about the charts, I just don;t see it as 'proof' is what I'm saying :tu:

Edited by third_eye, 02 May 2013 - 04:56 PM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#79    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Do earthquakes like 8 or higher on the Richter Scale ever occur in the Nile delta? I don't think so, but in Japan they know all about these shivers of Mother Earth.

-

Well, it is at least a bloody coincidence that that image is exactly the same as what Houdin predicted.

-

Ok, back to the future: just for kicks and giggles they will build a new pyramid... upside down.

EDIT:

Damn, too late:

Posted Image

http://www.flickr.co...k01/5616487258/

Edited by Abramelin, 02 May 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#80    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,901 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

lets assume youre right. and you know what they say about those who assume. explain the interior shaft purpose since noone else seems to know. given there were no bodies ever found in it nor egyptian hieros on any of the walls.  Posted Image

Like stonehenge and other egyptian tombs and buildings, the pyramids were multi functional. They were huge memorial stones to the pharaohs, burial places, and also astronomical devices. The chambers allowed the sun into the pyramid on special calendar days and smaller shafts allowed the light of special stars to shine into the centre of the pyramid on certain nights (might have been orion from memory) All the major pyramids and other monuments were laid out and designed as a star constellation  seen in the egyptian sky, so they also formed a ground based representation of the most important star group to egyptians.

Because the pyramids were opened and looted very soon after construction, despite all the precautions taken to prevent this, it was decided they were not safe as burial places for the pharaohs, who were then buried in hidden tombs in the valley of the kings (eg tutankhamun's tomb)

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#81    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,901 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Posted Image
LOL how old are you?
Sorry, but what i said is both historical fact AND common knowledge. My thirteen year old students know all this from general knowledge and reputable documentaries as well as their history lessons. Only conspiratists and  von daniken believers cant accept how possible (and relatively easy) it is to build a pyramid. I mean they occur all over the world.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#82    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,901 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

because its only fair i back up my reasoning;

Numerous people have demonstrated every conventional method (for both stonehenge and the Giza pyramid) and were unable to erect replicated blocks both of that size and weight let alone cut and quarry them, then haul them off from hundreds of miles away. In fact noone even attempted to try the last 3. If you have the demo proof of what you claim, people having successfully done this please post it. I need a good fall off my chair moment.

really? so in theory a 9,000,000,000 ton block can be hoisted up to 500 feet high using simple craftmans skills as you mention, a raft/boat a levy and/or rollers? was the house hoisted up 1/4th as high?

as youve just demonstrated.

how do you know how many times they measured? measured what? or cut? theres no blueprints. never any descriptions left detailing methods.

im not saying they were super human. im saying if you cant put out a fire dont light the match. the fact that people apply pseudo science in place of fully understand answers is sad.
The science of the pyramid bulders is well known and documented. and is the same science we use today,  hydraulics, leverage, reduction of friction, and the application of force intelligently. Heck you can even find graffiti and names of some of the the builders scratched into the stones. The work camps gravesites and other remnants of the labourers are found all around the area  The comment about measuring once and cutting twice is an old "techies" adage which every good tradesman would recognise. There is a lot of archaelogicla evidence showing how the blocks were cut, transported and put in place. This BBC article gives a good, simple, summary You can chose to disbelieve as you please and certainly some specific details remain unknown so far, but the evidences are clear. Ordinary humans built the pyramids aided by some very talented and educated egyptian architects priests etc  To say that egyptians couldnt have built the pyramids is a bit like saying the average iron/construction worker couldn't have built the empire state building. True, but thousands of them, following the schematics and instructions of educated planners and designers, and led by senior builders could, and did.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#83    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,843 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 02 May 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Well, this is about the future.... so let's hope the Japanese build their mega-pyramid in Tokyo:

http://en.wikipedia....ga-City_Pyramid
Super cool. Hope it succeeds and they build them in Seattle and SoCal.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#84    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,901 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

Hey sheep smart you asked this

so in theory a 9,000,000,000 ton block can be hoisted up to 500 feet high using simple craftmans skills as you mention, a raft/boat a levy and/or rollers? was the house hoisted up 1/4th as high?

Each individual block in a pyramid weighed only 2.5 to a maximum of 15 tons. Thats not really very much at all  As i said before I've moved material weighing more than a ton by myself, using nothing more than rollers and a lever(crow bar)The total weight of the biggest pyramid is only estimated to be 6 million tons But of course it was built one stone at a time. Where did you get your figure of  9 billion tons per block from? That is about one tenth of the total weight of the moon.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#85    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,623 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

For some reason,   I envision backyard and community gardens ...    a return to LOCAL production and trade of most basic needs.   Technology will probably advance, to the point where it's not a big drain on the environment  to have electronic wonders and conveniences  at our finger tips ?     .. This , of course after the next BIG ONE ,  which will convince us to try a different approach.    lol

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#86    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

We already know the answers to those! Though hopefully people in the future make decisions on empirical evidence and rationality. Its just human nature to want a good mystery though! That will never change. We'll have cool new technologies and find mysteries we didn't even know we needed to solve :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users