Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guild Wars

LucidElement

i was thinking about playing Guild Wars.. is it worth buying it for 50.00??? im trying to find a classic everquest game, and that looks close to it... what is your take on Guild Wars.. those that have played?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Ed

• Seraphina

• LucidElement

• zudo

i was thinking about playing Guild Wars.. is it worth buying it for 50.00??? im trying to find a classic everquest game, and that looks close to it... what is your take on Guild Wars.. those that have played?

646574[/snapback]

its free online play, how can you beat that? grin2.gif besides, i heard its more people with not as much time on their hands as a FFXI or EQ player. still, im gonna buy it!

i justr went out n bought it hahah.. so tell me what server ur on doughnuts or the rest of u.. we should have a UM server hahah of friends =)

Guild Wars Rocks my world, notworthy.gif

Im a female warrior necromancer called Padme Soulbearer at the mo! grin2.gif

No monthly fees is a definate bonus. original.gif

i justr went out n bought it hahah.. so tell me what server ur on doughnuts or the rest of u.. we should have a UM server hahah of friends =)

646653[/snapback]

dont have it yet crying.gif i need to suck up to my parents a little more so theyll buy it devil.gif

not sure.. i just bought it!

it would be nice if u could steal like in FF games lol! be best robber in the game!

no man there isnt.. i installed it and de installed it haha.. its not that good.. well i guess after playing 5 years of EQ 1 i just dont wanna learn again ya no... but it does look i guess fun, if you learn to play it again and want to learn alll over again ya no....

Guild Wars IS a good game, just of different values than EQ or Lineage. It is still an MMORPG, but they've removed the free-roam multi-person enviroment that everyone seems to love and hate at the same time. Now, when you enter an outside enviroment with monsters, you will be by yourself unless you start a party, which is limited to 4 people at the beginning. It's a good game, and sure, it's worth buying, but don't expect anything like EQ.

I'm a lvl 12 Elementalist/Necromancer. I haven't played it in almost a month, though. My internet connection is too unstable. Once I build my new comp I'll be on it more. If anyone wants to add me to the friends list, my name is Vicxr Onin Taku

~Vicxr Onin-Taku, M'er Onin T'aku

20... everyoen gets 20.. also u ca nstart out the highest lvl and just PvP.. its weird.

• 2 weeks later...

lol like i said earlier... i dont think game is that good.. i installed it and unistalled it... but then again i spent 5 years on Everquest, i just dont think im down to learn again everything again.

• 2 weeks later...

you guys will like it.. EQ just took 5 years outta my life, like i said earlier, its a good RPG game and its free!

Sera bought this yesterday. My god are the female characters.... er... backgrounds.... well animated

If you like Diablo and Warcraft then it is likely you will love this. I am getting it tomorrow.

It is a free online multiplayer game, with a special pvp system and an improved pvm system. The possibilities for characters are massive and it looks really cool.

Alsol, every review I have read for it gives it 4/5 or 9/10 etc.

Evidently no-one plays it, but if you have some spare money you have to buy this game. It is the best game I have ever played to date.

Do you have a link? I'll check it out. Someone left the link for ConquerOnline a few days ago and I downloaded that one and have been playing it a little bit the past 3 days or so. Good game, but I'm not far enough into it yet to give any kind of detailed report.

But the game you're talking about sounds interesting. I'd like to check it out.

www.guildwars.com

Hey, Mr. Ed... Look me up sometime, I'm a lvl20 Ascended Pyromancer; I can help you out through some missions if you need me to... I have nothing else to do.

My name in game is Vicxr Onin Taku or Archmage of Flames

www.guildwars.com

Hey, Mr. Ed... Look me up sometime, I'm a lvl20 Ascended Pyromancer; I can help you out through some missions if you need me to... I have nothing else to do.

My name in game is Vicxr Onin Taku or Archmage of Flames

Cool, it is certainly worth playing Medic.

I am a lowly level 14 at the moment, I think. A pyromancer. I have created a new sport called death races. Someone has probably tried it before though.

I'm really enjoying it at the moment. It's one of the only MMPORPGs I've seen that actually has a cohesive plot. I could maybe do without the level cap being only level 20....but that'll probably change with the expansion packs.

I'm a lv14 Warrior/Mesmer: Seraphina Cershald tongue.gif I've not been playing too long though...I only just got over the Shiverpeak mountains. Done a bit of ppv too...although I find that some of the idiots who play there don't have any idea how to work as a unit.

I do remember one amusing incident though...

Hans Zepher: "Hey you! Prepair to die sword newb!"

Seraphina Cershald: "Is he talking to me...?"

Hans Zepher: "Yeah I'm talking to you broad! You're gonna die!"

*Hans Zepher charges Seraphina's team alone, as is pounded into oblivion by the three elementalists on her team. After taking a number of simultanious blows that would have reduced a small castle to something about the size of a suit case, he finally collapses as a smoking pile about a yard short of Sera's feet*

Seraphina Cershald: "...Well...minus one moron."