Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Papyrus refers to Jesus' wife

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#76    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,401 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

Nothing will convince me that Jesus was married, only if it came from his real family of the gospels.

#77    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,401 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

Jackofalltrades qoute-
What if Jesus was talking to his wife, telling her to behold THEIR son, and also told His son to behold his mother ?

Wouldnt that be a turn up for the book's.......

I am NOT stating that is what it is, just one possibility, that not a lot of people have thought of (as far as I am aware)

And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

#78    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 21 September 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

Jackofalltrades qoute-
What if Jesus was talking to his wife, telling her to behold THEIR son, and also told His son to behold his mother ?

Wouldnt that be a turn up for the book's.......

I am NOT stating that is what it is, just one possibility, that not a lot of people have thought of (as far as I am aware)

And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

I am not too sure what Your response was aiming at, if it is what I think it is then..... the Bit's I bolded out was the bit of Your post that I was quoting in my previous post, I did not miss the part You reposted

Posted Image

#79    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,401 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

I think what you are saying was this beloved disciple may have been Jesus`s grown son.However in the tomb of Jesus it says Judah son of Jesus. Judah was the youngest son of Mary and Joseph the baby boy of  the family, and Jesus as the oldest may have took the role of Father after Joseph had died.

The Talpiot Tomb discovered in 1980 is postulated by some to be the tomb of Jesus and his family. It contained 10 sets of remains, and one of a child with the inscription "Judah, son of Jesus". The Discovery Channel documentary, The Lost Tomb of Jesus, speculated that the "Beloved Disciple" was Judah.

All I know is Mary Magdalene was not the beloved disciple, or she would`nt be running to tell this beloved disciple. :) :) and When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, jesus was speaking to his mother, not to mary of magdalene

http://en.wikipedia....hom_Jesus_loved

Edited by docyabut2, 21 September 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#80    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

John- 19 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the [wife] of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own [home].

( son) (his )That was John Mark ,Jesus`s consin who wrote the frist letter about Jesus.

Now then, it says "..there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the [wife] of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. [period]  The "disciple standing by" could only be Mary Magdalene.  Otherwise the sentence would have read, "..there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the [wife] of Cleophas, Mary Magdalene AND the beloved disciple.   Jesus was pleading with Magdalene [his wife] to take his mother into her home [not "his"..there were no men named standing by..and the bible is very particular about naming who was where when] and likely care for her since he knew he was done for.  The bible was redacted and translated many times.  By fallible men, not gods.  And back then patriarchy was everything.  Elevating a woman to the status of disciple was simply a non-starter.  No males in power would have it, Jesus's urging or not.  If you're going to make Magdalene a mysterious anonymous "John" [the only disciple..the most important one too don't  forget..without a lineage named for him], you would have to rework that unfortunate passage and insert "his" where "her" should've preceeded "home"..

#81    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,401 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

The beloved disciple at the cross is not named, but most think he was John Mark, Jesus consin who wrote the frist gospel. A scholar and a writer, had to be a witness at the crucifixtion to describe the actual events that did happen to Jesus.

#82    dj_nubla

dj_nubla

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hmmm...Interesting indeed. Regardless of what the truth is, it already happened. More confusion will come as the end of mankind is near.  

#83    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

View Postdj_nubla, on 21 September 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Hmmm...Interesting indeed. Regardless of what the truth is, it already happened. More confusion will come as the end of mankind is near.  

I believe that before the end time's the truth shall be made known worldwide, until then there will be confusion

Posted Image

#84    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

The beloved disciple at the cross is not named, but most think he was John Mark, Jesus consin

No, there were only THREE cited in the passage with Jesus at the cross.  And all three were female, women, and all named Mary.  The one said to be closest to Jesus in Philip's Gospel was Mary Magdalene.  In fact her "beloved" status to Jesus was a topic of a spat between the other disciples who envied how much time Jesus spent with her.  The passage at the cross did not say "and then the beloved disciple walked up, showed up on a camel, etc.".  It only named three people, all women, near the cross and had Jesus address one of them as his "beloved disciple".

The fact that the word "his" before "home" appears may be in perfect keeping with all the other circumstantial evidence that "John" was created to replace Magdalene's accounts.  Facing stark facts of the day: no woman would be allowed to be revered as the "closest and most beloved to the saviour".  It simply wouldn't happen.  And if it did happen, they would've redacted it beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Too much chaos of that culture would've ensued to suddenly reverse hundreds if not thousands of years of staunch customs regarding the [non] status of women.  "A woman!  Closest to the saviour!  Not on my watch.."

And so the first redaction began..  And it began right in Jesus' closest circle of diciples who already were fighting about dis-including Magdalene's accounts almost from day one after the crucifixion.

#85    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostSSilhouette, on 21 September 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

If you're going to make Magdalene a mysterious anonymous "John" [the only disciple..the most important one too don't  forget..without a lineage named for him], you would have to rework that unfortunate passage and insert "his" where "her" should've preceeded "home"..

You're thinking to hard, Occams razor.

You're arguing that One of the three present was "his" wife, therefore she likely shared HIS home. Jesus asking his wife to take his mother into his home.

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

#86    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,401 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Arguments for John Mark as the Beloved Disciple

http://tanata.square...d-disciple.html

#87    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,401 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

'SSilhouette'
No, there were only THREE cited in the passage with Jesus at the cross.  And all three were female, women, and all named Mary.  The one said to be closest to Jesus in Philip's Gospel was Mary Magdalene.  In fact her "beloved" status to Jesus was a topic of a spat between the other disciples who envied how much time Jesus spent with her.  The passage at the cross did not say "and then the beloved disciple walked up, showed up on a camel, etc.".  It only named three people, all women, near the cross and had Jesus address one of them as his "beloved disciple".

The fact that the word "his" before "home" appears may be in perfect keeping with all the other circumstantial evidence that "John" was created to replace Magdalene's accounts.  Facing stark facts of the day: no woman would be allowed to be revered as the "closest and most beloved to the saviour".  It simply wouldn't happen.  And if it did happen, they would've redacted it beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Too much chaos of that culture would've ensued to suddenly reverse hundreds if not thousands of years of staunch customs regarding the [non] status of women.  "A woman!  Closest to the saviour!  Not on my watch.."

And so the first redaction began..  And it began right in Jesus' closest circle of diciples who already were fighting about dis-including Magdalene's accounts almost from day one after the crucifixion.

A side from the other opinions I posted, I do consider Mary Magdalne may have been this beloved disciple.In reading the bible, they do have this beloved disciple laying on Jesus`s bosom in the mountain:), but does any of it really point to the fact that he was married to her. I do believe she was the women that he had saved from stoning, and was lazarus`s sister, that he had  brought to her home to untie with her family, and that he did love her very much, but wife is still questionable.  

#88    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

just going by turditions here through out history shows that back in this time frame  the women is who took care of the dead preping the body to be layed to rest so i would geather it was the chics who was there....(smh)

#89    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,303 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Posted Image
Source

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#90    Metal Head

Metal Head

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

There is no evidence the mythological figure of Jesus existed, no physical or archeological evidence. At least no more than Homer or any other ancient literary work period.

"It's yet to be verified as authentic, but even if it is - out of context, it's impossible to say what it's referring to. It could just as easily be a verse from the Old Testament that Jesus was quoting, or part of a parable that he was telling the disciples."

You realize IF Jesus existed he couldn't have quoted the Bible, it was written hundreds of years after his death.

Founder of:
M.I.S.T. (Missouri Intrusive Spirit Team)
and
T.R.U.E. (Tactical Response to Unusual Events)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users