Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Gun control originally for repressing blacks

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,448 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostOverSword, on 21 February 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Again, I didn't post this as a white vs black thing.  I posted this as an example of the real reason behind gun control.  I don't know how you could read the article and not get that.  The UCLA professor who's work the article is based on clearly said he used to be for gun control until he studied the history of gun control and saw the true purpose behind it.  It's not about guns, the active word is CONTROL.

It's been years, but I once had the opportunity to read selected parts of the debate in Congress as the 14th Amendment was crafted.

It was very clear, and discussed on the floor, that possession of firearms was necessary for the freed slaves to protect themselves, their family, and their property.  Most folks understood that in those days, and the fairly recent Heller case reaffirms that.

#62    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,261 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostOverSword, on 21 February 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Again, I didn't post this as a white vs black thing.  I posted this as an example of the real reason behind gun control.  I don't know how you could read the article and not get that.  The UCLA professor who's work the article is based on clearly said he used to be for gun control until he studied the history of gun control and saw the true purpose behind it.  It's not about guns, the active word is CONTROL.
But the real reason originally for it is stated here in the opening post: Sorry, should have ignored this bit.

[The history of gun control in America] was a constant pressure among white racists to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans, because they would rise up and revolt.
The KKK began as a gun-control organization. Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns. During the Civil War, blacks kept guns for the first time – either they served in the Union army and they were allowed to keep their guns, or they buy guns on the open market where for the first time there’s hundreds of thousands of guns flooding the marketplace after the war ends. So they arm up because they know who they’re dealing with in the South. White racists do things like pass laws to disarm them, but that’s not really going to work. So they form these racist posses all over the South to go out at night in large groups to terrorize blacks and take those guns away. If blacks were disarmed, they couldn’t fight back.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#63    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,477 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 February 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Its the worlds obsession with Americans owning guns that fuels these debates. I can only think of one American (ND) that really has an opposing view on these topics. It is common knowledge that NATO would like the American people disarmed.

That sounds a wee bit paranoid, Asteroid.  (No offence)  Personally, I couldn't care less about US gun ownership and I know no-one who cares either.  It's your own business.  Thugs with guns in the UK, now that I'm interested in.  I don't want to be shot for the lack of shooting back.  lol

I only asked out of curiosity; thinking maybe some American politico was demanding a ban on firearms or some such thing.  (I've been avoiding News programmes on TV cos they are helluva depressing these days, so I'm not as clued-up on world affairs as I should be)

#64    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,909 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 February 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

I think we have a Federal Government in violation of Federal Law....But I wasnt going to go there.
yes, just like pretty much any gvmnt in the world, all do same thing, some more some less.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#65    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,289 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image

#66    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

I only asked out of curiosity; thinking maybe some American politico was demanding a ban on firearms or some such thing

Google Diane Feinstein Gun Control

#67    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

But the real reason originally for it is stated here in the opening post: Sorry, should have ignored this bit.

[The history of gun control in America] was a constant pressure among white racists to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans, because they would rise up and revolt.
The KKK began as a gun-control organization. Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns. During the Civil War, blacks kept guns for the first time – either they served in the Union army and they were allowed to keep their guns, or they buy guns on the open market where for the first time there’s hundreds of thousands of guns flooding the marketplace after the war ends. So they arm up because they know who they’re dealing with in the South. White racists do things like pass laws to disarm them, but that’s not really going to work. So they form these racist posses all over the South to go out at night in large groups to terrorize blacks and take those guns away. If blacks were disarmed, they couldn’t fight back.

Fear, the breeding ground of all, and any kind, of misery. Become an merchant or a spokesman of fear and your fortune is made.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#68    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Benn Swan is awesome

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

#69    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,448 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Good work by Ben Swann! :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users