Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Life after death

Himalayan Mystic

I use to hearabout ghosts in my childhood saw many people who people said were acting crazy as they were possessed,

In the himalayas i saw such people become normal after rituals of exorcism were completed. So here's an article i found that i

would like to share with everyone.

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritual-research/afterlife/life-before-birth-conception

I am opento knowing about different opinions, beliefs and experiences. I seriously feel that spirit possession is true and

if we can at times help the person as well as the spirit who is just like us and once had a body. Then that would be a useful thing

to do.

• Like 1

I've been reading/studying ghosts and the paranormal since the 70s. Granted, I was a little kid when I started, but our school library back then, had a ton of ghost books. I've seen some very interesting evidence over the years, and a whole lot of fake/hoaxed nonsense. With everything I've seen, and with my own desire to want to believe, I still can't honestly say that I believe in the existence of ghosts nor an afterlife. I'd love it if both were real but I have to remain on the fence without proper evidence. I've even had some interesting personal experiences but I can't honestly say that any of them were paranormal in nature even thouigh they were strange, eerie, and unexplainable at the time, I just don't know. If others want to believe, that's cool, but I will continue to look and examine what is presented with an objective mind.

i think a lot of people cling to the whole life after death thing because it makes death a little easier to swallow.

The thought that one day everything will fade to black is scary.

• Like 1

Unless someone finds evidence

believing is no solution. I agree.

A book is not evidence.

Only experience can teach.

But looking and searching can help in finding the truth.

As with any thing that we did not know before

but over time we know that it exists and is possible.

Some people must have genuine evidence, lets see with

an open mind and explore the concept, what's the harm.

Why an evidence? Experiences of others are not your experiences. When one wants to know what could be after death, so need his own knowledge.

There are many "spiritual" practices", like for example astral or mental "traveling", summonig a higher spiritual beings, different meditation techniques and others. They show that there is something more than just a mindless mass.

• 1 month later...

Robert Schwartz has written a book called "Your soul's plan" based upon his experiences after conducting past life regression therapy. Heaven and hell are

part of every religious philosophy, and Indian Hindus talk about 7 dimensions below and seven dimensions above. What I feel after studying for a while is that

possession is extremely common, and in most cases it is dismissed as a possibility as the patient is termed as a psychiatric patient.

Ghosts mean negative energy and a possessed person will have symptoms of negative nature. Fear, restlessness, and so on. A spiritually realised being

has abundance of higher energy or is vibrating at higher frequencies and his or her energy results in the opposite of all negative symptoms.

Paranormal experiences are rare as these beings do not normally have the ability to appear in front of everyone.

Powerful spiritual vibrations protect people in general but in today's times the lifestyle of people makes them susceptible to

possession.

Paranormal experiences are rare as these beings do not normally have the ability to appear in front of everyone.

Everyone could try meditations. I know, it could take a longer time, but if one have patience so mostly achieved results.

Meditation about for example name a good higher spiritual being. is sufficient. You can also use the last thought before falling asleep. It was common in ancient Greece and Egypt.

Why an evidence? Experiences of others are not your experiences. When one wants to know what could be after death, so need his own knowledge.

There are many "spiritual" practices", like for example astral or mental "traveling", summonig a higher spiritual beings, different meditation techniques and others. They show that there is something more than just a mindless mass.

Well said. That is all that needs to be said

Evidence is proof. Personal experience is subjective. Our brains are finicky, inconsistent things; if person A does X and has a "spiritual experience", it could easily mean nothing more than their brain reacting to stimulus or substances to produce a euphoric or hallucinogenic state. However, if 500 people all do the same thing and report the exact same result, then we have objective fact. Not proof that astral projection or prophecies are real, but proof that X activity will produce Y result. We can then study Y result to figure out what it is. If each of those 500 people report a different "spiritual experience", then the brain is messing with us. If all 500 people report the same thing, every time, 99%+ of the time? That's proof.

Proof and evidence serve to provide validity to what we see and experience. "Personal" truth is nothing more than subjective, and inherently meaningless.

^And there are vast quantities of NDE reports and such, and despite small variables, they all tell basically the same story.

And what story is that? That astral projection and the afterlife are objectively factual? Please provide sources to the single greatest discovery ever made in the history of humanity. It's okay, I'll wait.

^And there are vast quantities of NDE reports and such, and despite small variables, they all tell basically the same story.

A story that has been drilled into most of us since we were old enough to walk. And most of us have watched enough medical shows over the years to provide a pretty accurate representation of what happens when a code is called.

i think a lot of people cling to the whole life after death thing because it makes death a little easier to swallow.

The thought that one day everything will fade to black is scary.

Not necesserely, philosophers of all time have pondered these questions. Death is part of our experience as living beings so thinking about it at some point is inescapable. Now the concept of the after life is indeed a belief, since we don't really know what should come or shouldn't come to be but so is the idea of death as 'nothingness' or 'black void'. It's a belief sometimes pushed as if it was fact. That someone accept the possiblity that his consciousness will somehow live on after physical death is not contradicted by any scientific data that I know of. All the contrary. I am not sure why then one should be expected to subscribe to the materialistic/atheistic viewpoint that our lives are ultimately meaningless.

And what story is that? That astral projection and the afterlife are objectively factual? Please provide sources to the single greatest discovery ever made in the history of humanity. It's okay, I'll wait.

There are common denominators to Near-Death experiences and awareness post-clinical death as demonstarted by scientific research.

In the biggest study ever made on 2,060 patients and published in the Resucitation journal in 2014:

Results:

Among 2060 CA events, 140 survivors completed stage 1 interviews, while 101 of 140 patients completed stage 2 interviews. 46% had memories with 7 major cognitive themes: fear; animals/plants; bright light; violence/persecution; deja-vu; family; recalling events post-CA and 9% had NDEs, while 2% described awareness with explicit recall of ‘seeing’ and ‘hearing’ actual events related to their resuscitation. One had a verifiable period of conscious awareness during which time cerebral function was not expected.

Conclusion:

''CA survivors commonly experience a broad range of cognitive themes, with 2% exhibiting full awareness. This supports other recent studies that have indicated consciousness may be present despite clinically undetectable consciousness. This together with fearful experiences may contribute to PTSD and other cognitive deficits post CA.''

Source: http://www.resuscita...0739-4/fulltext

That doesn't prove the 'after life' but it certainly doesn't ruled it out.

Edited by samus
  • Like 1

Evidence is interesting. Evidence shows that something can be further..

But for some people it's not enough. :yes: And if anyone wants to know more, so should done an experiment.

These are just reports, not scientific studies. The problem with believing that you are just "gone" after your physical body passes is that there is no evidence to prove such a thing (and I hate the thought alone). If you just disappear, there is absolutely no way to determine if that was the case or if the soul of the deceased has gone elsewhere.

These reports are among the best pieces of "evidence" that we have, because they are frankly among the only sources that we DO have.