Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

The United Nations Wants Your Guns America

gun control un united nations arms trade treaty arms treaty

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#121    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

View Postninjadude, on 18 July 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

works for me

Really? One thing that seriously disturbs me is how quick we are to put non violent people in cages as though they were animals. To do that cause someone doesnt have the same opinion as you, to me, makes you among the lowest forms of life on this planet. To be so criminaly abusive to another human, just cause they wont conform to the way you think is right up there with the minds of the most evil among us.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#122    Tx-Perkyness

Tx-Perkyness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

• "Meaning of life an love" simply how you go about it an what/whom you can't live a day without

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

I own 3 guns an would not mind giving them up don't use them much anyways, I don't need them to protect myself or my home take up a defensive fighting class or something you don't need to shoot somebody itl probably piss off his homies anyways

".....Everytime you blink something or someone has either died vanished or seen a ghost"

#123    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostTx-Perkyness, on 18 July 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

I own 3 guns an would not mind giving them up don't use them much anyways, I don't need them to protect myself or my home take up a defensive fighting class or something you don't need to shoot somebody itl probably piss off his homies anyways

An armed person will kill an unarmed person with monotonous regularity. What martial arts style teaches defense against bullets, exactly?

#124    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,316 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

I know this is off topic but since preacherman had the courtesy to provide the link, I would like to respond

I took the time to read up on it as I had never heard of this. The man in question wrote a bigoted anti-gay letter to a newspaper in 2002 which resulted in a gay teenager being assaulted. He was charged with a violation of Alberta's Human Rights Act. He was convicted and fined in 2008 and that was overturned on appeal 2009-10.

There is no mention anywhere of him spending anytime in jail. I have to agree with Czero, this was a single incident and not a widespread problem like you are inferring.

View Postrashore, on 18 July 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

lol, not that some pastor saying something in Canada about gay folks has much to do with the UN's 2012 arms trade discussion. It is kind of interesting how little discussion about the UN talks there is in this thread considering that's what the title of the thread is.

Well said rashore....back on topic

~Dot

iheartsugarbear

#125    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,971 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 18 July 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

Really? One thing that seriously disturbs me is how quick we are to put non violent people in cages as though they were animals.

I'm really sorry. I was yanking your chain and should have put a smiley after my comment.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#126    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 17 July 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

It doesnt say anything for the state of my living conditions. Nor does it for the state of anyone  I know. Though I would have less free meat in the ice box.
Yes it does, if you need a gun because you need to defend yourself that bad, it really does.

View Postpreacherman76, on 17 July 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

No one is going to invade us cause thier country would be ashes within one hour.

Nobody will invade you because China OWNS you. Nobody messes with someone like China.

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 17 July 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

I know  but I am referring that the size of the country does not matter
It's not the size it's the location.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#127    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• 1,619 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

#128    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,735 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 19 July 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

Yes it does, if you need a gun because you need to defend yourself that bad, it really does.

I defend my right to own a gun. I have never had to point a gun at anyone ever.

Nobody will invade you because China OWNS you. Nobody messes with someone like China.

Right. Im sure invading countries would be far more worried about our banking ties with China then the several hundred thousand nuclear war heads with full means to deliver them we posess. :rolleyes:

#129    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,735 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostDaughter of the Nine Moons, on 18 July 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

I know this is off topic but since preacherman had the courtesy to provide the link, I would like to respond

I took the time to read up on it as I had never heard of this. The man in question wrote a bigoted anti-gay letter to a newspaper in 2002 which resulted in a gay teenager being assaulted. He was charged with a violation of Alberta's Human Rights Act. He was convicted and fined in 2008 and that was overturned on appeal 2009-10.

His letter did not result in a assault on anyone. He would have had to call for violence for that to happen. He didnt even come close to doing that. This ruined him financialy as well.

There is no mention anywhere of him spending anytime in jail. I have to agree with Czero, this was a single incident and not a widespread problem like you are inferring.

Well said rashore....back on topic

~Dot

I heard a interview from him back when this happened. When he was arrested, he was put in a cell. So basicaly this man was put in a cell, bankrupt having to provide his own defense, for a thought crime where he simply expressed his biblical view on homosexuality. A view that did not include, or could even be construde as calling for violence.

Make no mistake, this would be the norm if it wasnt for public backlash. The laws are still in place. They may not be at the moment enforced. But you can be arrested in Canada for speaking out again homosexuality.

#130    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

because speaking out against homosexuality is considered a hate crime. and that is why you can go to jail for it.
(some) christians need to learn to mind their own business where bed partners are concerned.

Edited by JGirl, 19 July 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#131    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,139 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 19 July 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

I heard a interview from him back when this happened. When he was arrested, he was put in a cell. So basicaly this man was put in a cell, bankrupt having to provide his own defense, for a thought crime where he simply expressed his biblical view on homosexuality. A view that did not include, or could even be construde as calling for violence.

Perhaps you can find and post a source that confirms he was actually "put in a cell" as you claim.

But I must tell you that I've been searching for a few hours now and have so far found nothing... no evidence whatsoever that supports that claim.

I've read through blogs and news articles from 2002 when his the letter was published, blogs and news articles from 2007 - 2010, some of which have included interviews with Boissoin where he says nothing about being "put in a cell", nothing about being "arrested", nothing about dealing with the police at all in any way.

Or you could just retract the whole "put in a cage / cell" part of your claim and admit that it was just there to sensationalize your position.

Make no mistake, this would be the norm if it wasnt for public backlash. The laws are still in place. They may not be at the moment enforced. But you can be arrested in Canada for speaking out again homosexuality.

There are many laws that are in place that are not enforced. Shall we start looking at some of the ones the US has?

The bottom line here is that you're taking one, singular incident that highlighted a breakdown of the Human Rights Commission of ONE PROVINCE, sensationalizing it by making up and adding the whole "put in a cage / cell" aspect, then purposely putting it out of context in order to make it seem like this is a systemic problem running rampant throughout all of Canada.

Are you sure you want to continue down this path you've started down....?

Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 19 July 2012 - 07:44 PM.

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#132    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

So seems a thread about a small issue that has been massively blown out of proportion has been derailed by a small issue that has been massively blown out of proportion.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#133    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostCorp, on 19 July 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

So seems a thread about a small issue that has been massively blown out of proportion has been derailed by a small issue that has been massively blown out of proportion.

That's what happens when you give fright wingers a keyboard. That and a long list of repetitive, fallacious arguments pushed through the paranoia-fueled conspiracy theory echo chambers financed by the ridiculously few people who actually benefit from who is in the White House.

Edited by Framling, 20 July 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#134    katzemacht

katzemacht

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

imo guns don't shoot and kill people, people shoot and kill people.

and cops shoot and kill people
http://www.opposingv...ndrew-lee-scott

Posted Image
Jaguars don't have time to wait~
http://action.biolog...action_KEY=1680

Jaguar

#135    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 19 July 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

I defend my right to own a gun. I have never had to point a gun at anyone ever.

Right. Im sure invading countries would be far more worried about our banking ties with China then the several hundred thousand nuclear war heads with full means to deliver them we posess. :rolleyes:
America "Hey China, can we afford (x)?"
Chine "No, keep paying us back or we'll take you over."
America "Kay

You government is under china for the moment, they get first picks on invading you if they choose.

Then why do you need a gun?

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users