Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Guns Targetted at New Generation

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#76    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

I don't believe he mentioned taking away any guns, but rather changing a culture. Having guns is fine, it's how guns are viewed and treated is quite another. And American culture seems very gun obsessed. Perhaps is more focus was placed on proper training and shortage instead of worrying about government tyrany and having loaded weapons always within reach would help make the general situation better.

If you like smoke and mirrors games sure thats what he said. He also said Obamacare wasnt a tax. Now it most certainly appears it is. And an unjust one at that. Changing the way guns is fine. People shouldnt be afraid of them unless your breaking into my home. Im all for changing the culture into responsible knowledgable gun owners and minusing the  nutters out of existence.

#77    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 28 January 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

I asked this because I don't understand why you used my quote in a manner implying the following -

1 - "YOU" (meaning the US I assume) is the only place that child on child violence is a problem.  
2 - That the use of the "PERIOD" statement means anything other than any child violence is a problem.

I asked valid questions.  You seem more intent on emotionally twisting my meanings to elicit a reaction you want than actually replying to my statements or questions.

Nibs
NO! have you not seen any of my other posts on the gangs crimes we have had here in the UK, many are not adults.
Emotionally twisting??  you put something like this : I'm sorry, are you saying that unsupervised children hurting each other is NOT a problem? and you say I AM emotionally twisting it?

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#78    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm pretty sure Nibs used the word period to denote end of story, not to denote a span of time. Like if I said that man is an idiot, period. I don't mean he's an idiot for a span of time, but rather he is an idiot, end of story.

#79    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,166 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

View Postrashore, on 28 January 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Nibs used the word period to denote end of story, not to denote a span of time. Like if I said that man is an idiot, period. I don't mean he's an idiot for a span of time, but rather he is an idiot, end of story.

YES!  thank you.

Nibs
Period = Full stop

Edited by HerNibs, 28 January 2013 - 10:09 PM.

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#80    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

I was being flippant, surely you can read between the lines?..............................maybe not.
So do you agree with hunting to kill for sport? cos that was my point and  i have no problem with target practice as a sport or clay pigeon shooting or hunting for food, but not to put a trophy up in your living room of some poor old Elk as a keepsake........................you do have Elks there don`t you?

We have all kinds of large game in North Dakota.
And we have people with a lot of different mounts displayed in their homes.
But i guarantee you that every last edible part of that animal was eaten too.
Nothing wrong with keeping the mount as opposed to tossing it aside, Antlers and skull aren't that tasty.

#81    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 28 January 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

We have all kinds of large game in North Dakota.
And we have people with a lot of different mounts displayed in their homes.
But i guarantee you that every last edible part of that animal was eaten too.
Nothing wrong with keeping the mount as opposed to tossing it aside, Antlers and skull aren't that tasty.
I agree, and have said so numerous times. My husband fishes, although we do not have the fish heads on display, but if he killed a large game then no doubt, he would be putting its head up too. I have no qualms with hunting for food. And i am  not an anorak anti animal campaigner.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#82    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

View Postsslama, on 28 January 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

Are you serious?  You can't find something else to do to bond with your son...
They are going to change the culture....it will be a lot of hard work.  People don't like to change...even if it's for the best.  They are changing the cultures in the Middle East....it's not pretty and it's not easy.  You can't change the US culture regarding guns all at once...baby steps.
Seriously?  Who are you to tell a Father what he and his son may do together?
And the Middle East is changing?  How and What channel are you watching?  The place is a cesspool.
Its simple, we have a thing called the 2nd amendment and our Government needs to learn what "Not to be infringed upon" means.
simple as that.

#83    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostOverSword, on 28 January 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

More people are killed by baseball bats than guns every year in the USA, do you feel the need to do the same before you give a kid a ball, bat, and glove?

That doesn't sound true, have you got a source?

As for baseball, the lesson there is the frailty of the brain - multiple concussions can lead to serious problems later on in life.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#84    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 28 January 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

I believe the past year chicago was one of the top places for gun violence in the world

yes it was.  Which is precisely why we need better gun control.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#85    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

View Postninjadude, on 29 January 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

yes it was.  Which is precisely why we need better gun control.
Chicagos got the most gun control of anybody. They currently have a comfortable lead in murders. Isn't that the exact opposite of the way your results are supposed to work. Face it ninja, guns are good, mmkay?

Posted Image

#86    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 29 January 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Chicagos got the most gun control of anybody.

not by a long shot. And no, guns are not "good".

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#87    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

not by a long shot. And no, guns are not "good".

Since you brought it up could you please post the gun control laws between the three top states. New York, Chicago and California so we can all share on your insight.

#88    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,722 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

• New Jersey
  • Massachusetts
  • New York
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Maryland
  • Rhode Island
  • Illinois
  • Pennsylvania
  • California
These states have the toughest gun laws in the country.

#89    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,555 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 27 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Good.

Frankly, our society would be a much better place if more kids learned and practiced the shooting arts and spent more time afield than sitting on their fat asses playing video games.  At one time the Federal Government and our schools encouraged such pursuits.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#90    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostMichelle, on 29 January 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

• New Jersey
  • Massachusetts
  • New York
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Maryland
  • Rhode Island
  • Illinois
  • Pennsylvania
  • California
These states have the toughest gun laws in the country.

I don't think states are the best example because don't cities have seperate laws from the states? It's the cities were the sht goes down. I'm sure Illinois is a fine state but Chicago is murder central. It is the mosr populated areas with lax gun control that are of issue. So does anyone know stats on big cities, their gun laws and the crime stats?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users