Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Benny Hinn

gonzowalker

Ok, Snuffy and me were talking last night, and I asked him about Benny Hinn. This guy has Supposedly healed thousands of people from debilitating diseases, but is there any proof that he has. Does anyone know someone that has actually been healed by him. When he came to Oklahoma once, the whole congregation of a nearby church went to see him. They took my distant cousin who has cerbral palsy, but Benny would not see him. Does he just plant the people that he heals?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gonzowalker

• reese2

• Seraphina

• crosswarrior

There was actually an undercover investigation I watched a while ago, about him. He is a complete fraud. There was little old lady, she was so nice, that went to him, and he supposedly healed her, only to have her get worse and die months later. Before she died, she wrote to him, and tried to get him on the phone, to no avail.

He is a real slime ball, even without mentioning a word about his 'comb over' hair style. whistling2.gif

It surprises me that people believe in these kinds of new age circus clowns, even for a minute.... Besides the mentally challenged, and elderly, there is no excuse for anyone that believes, and gives them money.. They deserve what they get.

Ignorance is bliss, so they say.

Reese

I also don't trust any "man of God" or holy man, preacher, or whatever that wears watches and jewelry that probably cost more than my house. He can wear whatever he wants, but I think some these churches are going to far. We built a church once that has televised sermons, and it was fancy. We installed two $14,000 chandaliers in the lobby. I can understand wanting your church to look nice, but does that really impress God? Doubt it.

Back to Benny. I saw him once twirling around, then he would point his finger, and people would fall down. I also read somewhere that he was putting curses on people who don't agree with him. Still if anyone can find a legitimate healing that he has performed, it would be appreciated.

We talked about this last night, I think we decided that he's trying to make himself out to be some kind of superhero, and had a good laugh at his expense. Yeah, he's a complete fraud.

I have nothing for you............ Since he is a quack...... I am sure that you will find people that strongly believe, but then you have to think that it has more to do with one's WILL to get better...

You are right.... The way they throw the money around, would never impress a holy entity.. disgust.gif

I wish I could remember what show it was that did the undercover special, you would probably dig it. It really shines a light (not $14,000.00 worth) on the whole religious healing 'people'.

Reese

(Benny Hinn to Snuffypuffer)

I have warned you not to mock me...Now I curse you, I curse your children, and I curse your children's children!

3 holy men (Priest, Hindu, and a Jewish rabbi) were out playing golf. And they were deciding how much money to give to God.

Finally the Priest says, “we will draw a circle on the ground, and throw the money in the air, what lands outside the circle we will give to God.”

“No,” the Hindu says. “We will throw the money in the air, and what lands inside of the circle, we will give to God.”

“I have a better idea,” the Jewish Rabbi announces. “We will throw the money in the air, and what God wants, he can keep!” grin2.gif

I’m gonna have to wear my copper hat out again – just in case! crying.gif

I saw a documentary on that guy...his wife questions people at the door, just to get an idea of why they're here, what they're names are, and so on and so forth, then speaks to him through an ear peice when he's doing his act.

The people aren't plants...they're as taken advantage of as anyone else. The guy is absolute scum, and should be shot.

I saw a documentary on that guy...his wife questions people at the door, just to get an idea of why they're here, what they're names are, and so on and so forth, then speaks to him through an ear peice when he's doing his act.

The people aren't plants...they're as taken advantage of as anyone else. The guy is absolute scum, and should be shot.

I take it you don't like ol' Benny laugh.gif

That guy just bugs me....and I don't know why all those people can't see through him. Maybe they can, and just want to fit in somewhere....I'd find somewhere better though.

It's comfort I guess...religion in general is a comfort against the harsh reality of the world tongue.gif He wants to take advantage of people, and they eagerly flock to be taken advantage of, because convincing themselves that something can be done is probably better than facing the truth.

In fairness...if someone genuinly believes they are being helped, it may actually affect their body's reaction to a condition. Science has seen this by compairing the results of treating people with the same disease with a drug that doesn't work, and another group not recieving the drug...but we all know this story tongue.gif

However, yes, I don't like the guy at all...I think taking advantage of people who come to you for help makes you the lowest form of scum, and that his entrails should be used for christmas decorations, while the rest of him is held in reserve for bonfire night.

Benny Hinn, the guy that travels to his gatherings in a private jet, claiming it's the only way he can get to them safely.The man whose home has more gold fittings than a jewellers in Knightsbridge.A man who has a team of idiots selecting the correct people to go on, this is done before hand and made to look like random selection.People turned away from his supposed healing because their tumor is simply to invasive!

This man is a disgrace to humanity, a tumour of society and an embarrasment to his country.If a home for the elderly were to manipulate and con their residents out of 1000's of dollars they would be shut down and thrown in a hole, but this guy openly performs this con on an incredible scale, to people who are breathing their last breath of life, people who are so desperate they spend a lifetimes savings on the hope that this little, selfish and horrible man can cure their sons brain tumour.

I have seen many documentaries on this creature ( that's the best I can describe him ) and the things they don't tell you are the number of people who are crushed in the mass hysteria he creates, and he's not the only one.How he pays people to pretend they are disabled or diseased to make his road show all the more incredible.

It's about time that people like this were made to pay for the false hope and blind faith they inject in to decent human beings who's only want in life is to see their young daughter grow up, or to see their boy open his eyes again and see a football game.

In fairness...if someone genuinly believes they are being helped, it may actually affect their body's reaction to a condition. Science has seen this by compairing the results of treating people with the same disease with a drug that doesn't work, and another group not recieving the drug...but we all know this story tongue.gif

Placebo Effect is what you are referring to?? Normally anyone in a controlled test is not given drugs that purposely do not work. Placebo is an imitation of the treatment. tongue.gifwink2.gif

In medicine, the "Placebo Effect" is acknowledged at a rate of approx 30%, meaning that about 1/3 of people treated will say that they "feel" better regardless of what treatment they have received.

They won't actually have received any real benefit towards alleviating their disease or problem of course, but they will say they feel better. It's because of this placebo effect that charlatans like Benny and the other "faith healers" can prey on the naive, gullible and desperate in society.

It also explains why "Alternative Medicine" crap like homeopathy, naturopathy, acupuncture, kinesiology and a host of other rubbish "therapies" survive when there is no basis in science or fact for the treatments or reasons these "treatments" work.

Benny should be made to pay back every ill-gotten cent he has bled from the people he preys on. .. Hey, I just realised .. Benny Preys.. not Prays wink2.gif

Hey, I just realised .. Benny Preys.. not Prays wink2.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I know what ya'll are talking about. After our prom, we gave this guy that didn't get out too much a few of those Coors Cutters. He was drunk until we told him they were non-alcoholic.

• 1 month later...

This Hinn creature is a disgrace to Christianity. Christ did not take from the masses but gave. The only dealing Christ had with men like him was to whip them as when Christ Cleansed the Temple Of the religious money makers of His Day.

The money changers and those selling the sacrifices in the Temple in order to make mone off of God

Benny Hinn is disgusting in my opinion. He preys on old and crippled people. I don't understand how it is that he gets exposed over and over again, yet so many people still believe in him, and what he does. It is sad to see him taking advantage of those that need help the most.

My favourite quote from Mr. Hinn? In a meeting in Denver Colorado in 1992 he says: "I place a curse on every man and woman that will stretch his hand against this anointing. I curse that man who dares to speak a word against this ministry"

Nice guy huh? In the long run, I think his curses are about as powerful as his healings are, so I am not feeling too worried... tongue.gif

• 5 months later...

I'm just gonna bump this one for a minute or two.

I recently came home from gaurding Kenneth Copeland's oilwells. I didn't know they were his for a few days, untill one of the company men told me. That guy has oilwells, the biggest damn ranch I've ever seen (I've seen some big ranches), and then there is his house. It is HUGE.

The whole complex of his home, heli-pad, and church takes up about the same amount of space as the town of Newark, Texas in which all this is located.

Now, I'm not jealous of what another man has, but it looks like a man of God could feed a lot of starving kids with the money he spent on all that. Why does he need to

go on television and beg for money if he has oilwells? One couple came down from Canada just to take pictures of his house. I couldn't let them in my gate so they took pictures from the road. I asked them why they drove that far, and the woman answered "he's a great man". I just said that he puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us. They left then.

While I was there, I remembered starting this thread....so there you have it. Maybe a few of the more religious members that haven't seen this thread will have some thoughts.

The whole complex of his home, heli-pad, and church takes up about the same amount of space as the town of Newark, Texas in which all this is located.

Now, I'm not jealous of what another man has, but it looks like a man of God could feed a lot of starving kids with the money he spent on all that. Why does he need to go on television and beg for money if he has oilwells?

Gonzowalker,

I didn't know about Copeland's oil wells! That is very sad. I knew the stuff about Benny Hinn, though. That dude is beyond bad news. Actually, there are some Christians that made an eight hour documentary covering his ministry from the 70's to the present, and they exposed him. Some friends of mine own this. I'll try to get the title of it for you.

Though news of these two figures (and many like them) is disheartening, it shouldn't detract from people who do legitimate healing ministries. They don't get paid, they don't try to draw attention to themselves, and they don't let their gifts detract from the gospel of Jesus. In fact, you'll never find them on TV asking for offerings or anything. They are just average men and women who have been equipped by Jesus to occasionally perform miraculous works, and they do so with humility, love, and reverence.

I don't know how Hinn, Copeland, and their ilk can justify this kind of stuff in light of what the scriptures say. I hope that they'll turn toward the love of God and others so that they can start helping out the poor and indigent.

Edited by trublvr

Well, I think all "faith healers" tend to askfor money. I stopped attending a small Pentacostal (sounds creepy anyways) church a few months ago. Anyways, they always had their "revivals" and would bring in so called evangelists such as Nancy Harmon, and this Australian dude named Nick something. Anyways they always had little gimics and stuff and always asked for bigger offerings then the normal church. They also like to generalize symptoms which gets about 2-4 hands raised most of the time that want to be healed.

Also I've noticed a disturbing trend in Pentacostals and similar branches of Chrisitianity. They always preach against materialism, but go out and always want the nicest cars, nicest clothes, best jewelery, and nicest stereo and entertainment systems. Also they like to go to the most expensive restraunts possible. Now is it just me, or is that not materialism? Plus they all think they're cowboys or something...

Oh and if thats not bad enough, my old pastor sells fireworks during the 4th of July season, starting in June till like July 6th, and he makes a fortune off it. Well he pays the people who help, and keeps most of the money for himself, which he runs through the church's tithe acount in order to avoid taxes, but he doesn't use the money for the church.

Also they sell strawberries during the summer to send kids to "Church Camp" and well that money goes to the pastors son who is 18 and runs the youth group, which barely brings anyone in since my fiancee and I left the youth worship team and the church. So he gets over $500 a month for doing jackshit.

Also my fiancee's dad who was the church adminstrator just got fired by the pastor because he went on vacation which the pastor knew about. However the pastor it didn't like it because he wasn't there to do all the churches work or be at the pastor's aid 24/7. Speaking of which the pastor just runs around doing jackshit all day and lets whoever the adminastrator is do all the work while he just worries about 3 sermons a week. So it's not just the big guys that are corrupt.

Edited by Naveed

Even I am disguested with those who use christianity for profit. To be Christian is to be "christ-like" which is not taking advantage of people for money or take up the collection for the week if the church has enough money. If the pastor or minster or whomever has enough money to buy a huge ranch and a mansion and everything for himself, then the church can take care of itself. Other times, the collection plate is needed to help pay for the bills and repairs to the church, but Benny Hinn and the others are just frauds!

I have a friend who took his family to see Benny Hinn and it was all fake.

Benny Hinn is a pethetic exuse of a human being! The elderly are his prey! How do ya all like the rocks he has on his fingers?

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"

"And then will I profess unto them. I never knew you: depart form me, Ye that work iniquity."

Jesus, Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 7:23, 24

I guess old Benny don't know his bible.

Peace

cloudedmoon

Now, I'm not jealous of what another man has, but it looks like a man of God could feed a lot of starving kids with the money he spent on all that.

Amen!