Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Investigators - Why "Lights out" ?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

View Postrashore, on 26 May 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Going to play devils advocate for the dark for a moment..

I think if a group is doing an investigation that they are getting data from various light and dark conditions.. A complete lights out could be helpful. Sometimes stuff only shows up in total darkness. Like some light bouncing into the house from passing car headlights, that sort of thing.

A good example of this is moving or glowing headstones- The phenomena only happens at night because it's car headlights bouncing off the stone that causes the effect.
It happens in houses too- you don't notice headlight light bouncing in your house when the house lights are on, but you notice it when the house lights are off. Or sometimes you do notice it when your houselights are on, and you get that odd corner of the eye ghost sighting. When all the house lights are off, it becomes apparent pretty quickly if it's an exterior moving light causing the sighting or not.

There's pro's and con's to it. I think each method is going to just vary depending what your goal is. Depends on what you are debunking or trying to prove.

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#32    GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

I have done both night & day investigations. It all depends on the vicinity of the location.

In a neighborhood, or an area where there is constant traffic and people. I prefere night investigations. This will cut down on most outside noises. Very rarely, will I keep a home in total darkness, More for our safety & the safety of the client's belongings. Also, investigations that we do for the commercial market, stores, mills, offices, eateries, ect, are normally done at night, This way we do not interfere with the business.

Some of my best photo's with spirits in them are from the daytime shots.

TV shows, have to have good ratings. They will embelish and try to make the show much more scarier. I know, for a friend and I was approached a few years ago, by a producer from a ghost show. After a couple of sit downs, they said, we will be creating other events into the story, to make it more scarier. We turned them down.

[size=14]If the things that are visible to you are obscure to you, how can you hear about the things that are not visible?

#33    MN PARA-SCI

MN PARA-SCI

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/minnesotapara
    https://www.facebook.com/TTFPARA
    http://minnesotapara.wordpress.com/

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

I do both day and night recording sessions. Mostly I like to do my work when there is the least amount of ambient noises. Night typically offers less people, traffic, wind, and other misc. sounds that can interfere with evp collection. However whenever conditions are right and I can do daytime work, I jump at it.

#34    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 19 May 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Summarily, the "darkness" is simpy for entertainment purposes in hopes to create a spook factor that seems to have worked better than any of these media moguls hoped, as now we have thousands of "paranormal investigators" running around catching things that go bump in the night lol.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users