Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#226    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

Stoned Wallibies LIVE in concert!

Sorry. Nature does some weird stuff. I do not believe for a second alien make them. I mean look at these (keep in mind.... I live in Florida, ice anywhere other than the freezer is rare so forgive me if I thought this was pretty cool)
http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Ice_spike

Sure some of them could be non-man made..... But as already stated... The more complex than more likely they were. I could see how a nature phenomena could create them. As far as the microwave stuff goes.... Just don't buy it. It might not be this but I know that some insects can create those bulges like those. JMO.

Edited by Esoteric Toad, 11 February 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#227    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,843 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 February 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

And hoping some Vogon's arrive maybe........

Also known for their poetry........ but is is only the third worst in the Universe I hear.
Sly ploy there to get me to bite ! But Indeed the Vogons do have a special place in there three ounce heart for our Humor . As it stands Mankind is really an anomaly as far as creatures go !
On the other three hands we are all we are due to our heavy gravity on earth. Brains develop much better in Space it lets all the Grey matter expand so much better.
Unlike the baby batter here on earth!
As for our poetry It s Ok given taken in the right levels of words -per- Drinks !
As for the Occums Razor Im still useing my Straight edge knife ! It cuts right thru all the B.S.of Crop circles !

This is a Work in Progress!

#228    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Ode to a lump of puddy I found in my armpit..... Vogon poetry.

#229    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 11 February 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Sly ploy there to get me to bite ! But Indeed the Vogons do have a special place in there three ounce heart for our Humor . As it stands Mankind is really an anomaly as far as creatures go !
On the other three hands we are all we are due to our heavy gravity on earth. Brains develop much better in Space it lets all the Grey matter expand so much better.
Unlike the baby batter here on earth!
As for our poetry It s Ok given taken in the right levels of words -per- Drinks !
As for the Occums Razor Im still useing my Straight edge knife ! It cuts right thru all the B.S.of Crop circles !

Well you might well be right, ET gave us Ode to a Lump Of Green Putty I found in My Armpit One Midsummers Morning, but that is not actually Vogon, it is Master Grunthos from Kria, the honor of the worst poetry in the Universe was bestowed upon one Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings from Essex. Not much of a Poet myself, I have no problem with it, but not something I actively pursue.
I am not sure even the razor could cut the mustard where crop circle theory comes onto play!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#230    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 10 February 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

One of the most complex and amazing mathematical formulae is encoded in nature. The Fibonacci Sequence. It's amazing. It's omnipresent. It's been called by some "God's signature" or "God's thumbprint".

Ah, are you indicating that some crop designs are made by 'God'? in the form of nature of course?

If you mean that any agency which is creating some crop designs and which is non terrestial can be generally called 'God' or 'Goddess' or any other term for a non terrestial deity then you may have a point... as you say mathematical formulae are, after all, encoded in nature.

#231    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

View Postlaver, on 11 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Ah, are you indicating that some crop designs are made by 'God'? in the form of nature of course?

If you mean that any agency which is creating some crop designs and which is non terrestial can be generally called 'God' or 'Goddess' or any other term for a non terrestial deity then you may have a point... as you say mathematical formulae are, after all, encoded in nature.

Natures order is Chaos. Look at the Universe.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#232    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,843 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 February 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

Natures order is Chaos. Look at the Universe.
I love that ,Natures odors are imbedded in the Arm pits of Grunthos ! What a Smelly point of view ! I miss Douglas Adams ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#233    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,811 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

View Postlaver, on 11 February 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Yes that's almost exactly what I, and others, have been saying.
Some crop circles are created by man. Some are created by natural forces. However, the fact that God has been doodling on the wheat of the world is something noone's suggested.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#234    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 12 February 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

Yes that's almost exactly what I, and others, have been saying.
Some crop circles are created by man. Some are created by natural forces. However, the fact that God has been doodling on the wheat of the world is something noone's suggested.

So crop circles that exhibit signs that they were not made by humans, this could be in various ways, but also exhibit evidence of intelligent design are made by an agency that is non terrestrial and could be generally called 'God'. Why 'God' should choose to doodle in crops, as you put it, is at present a mystery but we are told he (she) works in mysterious ways?

#235    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,811 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

View Postlaver, on 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

So crop circles that exhibit signs that they were not made by humans, this could be in various ways, but also exhibit evidence of intelligent design are made by an agency that is non terrestrial and could be generally called 'God'. Why 'God' should choose to doodle in crops, as you put it, is at present a mystery but we are told he (she) works in mysterious ways?
WHOOSH.
Actually, what I'm saying is that crop circles that aren't made by man, are probably made by the weather.
The complex ones? Man.
The simple circular ones? Drunk man or the wind.
Some random abstract "reading patterns into things that aren't there" ones? Wind.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#236    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 12 February 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

WHOOSH.
Actually, what I'm saying is that crop circles that aren't made by man, are probably made by the weather.
The complex ones? Man.
The simple circular ones? Drunk man or the wind.
Some random abstract "reading patterns into things that aren't there" ones? Wind.

Your argument that complex designs are only made by man don't quite stack up with evidence witness statements etc etc and you don't know that but are just guessing. We are taught that 'God' 'Goddesses'  act in mysterious ways so maybe this is the latest example?

#237    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

View Postlaver, on 17 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Your argument that complex designs are only made by man don't quite stack up with evidence witness statements etc etc and you don't know that but are just guessing. We are taught that 'God' 'Goddesses'  act in mysterious ways so maybe this is the latest example?

So what evidence would that be then, Mr. Pot?  Care to give us some?

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#238    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,811 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

"eye witness testamony of not seing a circle, and then seeingbit later" thst sort of thing.

Only I will remain.

#239    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 18 February 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

"eye witness testamony of not seing a circle, and then seeingbit later" thst sort of thing.

Intelligent design linked to anomolies that can not be explained by human creation would seem to be the key. An area of corn flattened by a downdraft of wind is probably not a sign of intelligent design, but still might be...

#240    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

well, I thought this thread might be interesting, but it's just another 'because I said so, so there!' kind of thing, so I don't think i'll bother.....

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users