Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cries for Help from inside FEMA Camps

Karlis

If there are any people on UM who are familiar with the FEMA tent city, named “Camp Freedom”, where over 800 people are being sheltered in the New Jersey area, please feel free to post about that here.

-=-=-

Camp Freedom - Inside New York’s Tent City. Victims of Sandy are raising red flags over FEMA’s latest effort.

How bad is it? It’s hard to tell since the agency has banned the media from entering the FEMA camps.

As detailed by a handful of independent news outlets like Asbury Park Press, the media is bared from entering New York’s FEMA camps. The paper took its readers on a brief, first-hand tour anyway. After being chased away by camp guards, investigators lured some residents down the road to tell their story.

As they departed the camp gates, the reporters described the appearance of the fenced-in tent city saying it ‘more closely resembles a prison camp’. The FEMA camp resident who spoke to the news team even wore a government identification tag that gave the official title of his new home – ‘Camp Freedom’.

Read more

• Like 1

Why did they ban the media? Whats the justification?

I think it's disgraceful that these people are being kept from basic needs. We are able to do better than that here. I'm no fan of the Feds on any level, regardless which party sits in the Oval Office, but situations like this have MANY causes and blaming a single entity doesn't work. The press carried Obama's water so he could be reelected and now they would have to admit being complicit if they report the aftermath so, silence. The State government seems to be waiting on the Feds and isn't trying to spend any of their budgets to help...it's disgraceful. Cold Katrina.......

• Like 2

~~~ ...

... The State government seems to be waiting on the Feds and isn't trying to spend any of their budgets to help...it's disgraceful. Cold Katrina.......

From the OP article:

Governor Cuomo has requested $30 billion in federal aid for his state alone. So far, President Obama has only authorized $1.5 billion for the entire East coast. The White House reminded the media that it included $600 million approved for direct assistance to individual victims.

Call Penn and Pitt. Or, would that be against their religion? No party platform to preach from.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Are you kidding me ? Wtf . Why isnt there a hint of this on the news here ?

They go on and on about how awful occupy wall street allegedly was ,but that they used force to break up ,and the media was banned .

Nice .

Reposting this everywhere and sending it to all my news peeps . Thank you for this .

*furious*

Were there FEMA camps set up in Katrina? Did they last this long? Were they reported on?

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

I'm guessing that Whiteout Press, Independent News for Independent Thinkers, is probably not a source that would be entirely free from an agenda of its own.

Surely if it demonstrates anything, this demonstrates how FEMA, for whatever reason (lack of funding or whatever else), is actually barely capable of running a hot dog stand, let alone a network of gulags into which Dissidents from Obama's regime will be herded and secretly disposed of.

• Like 2

From the OP article:

Governor Cuomo has requested $30 billion in federal aid for his state alone. So far, President Obama has only authorized $1.5 billion for the entire East coast. The White House reminded the media that it included $600 million approved for direct assistance to individual victims.

Isn't it strange how and when Obama chooses to be fiscally prudent? He gives away untold billions for green companies with no intent on an ROI, gives billions in aid to our foreign enemies and domestic ones too I'm sure and let's not forget Benghazi where it is said that because republicans voted against the funding! Really? We've got $900B for an experiment in kenseyan economics and so much other wreckless and wasteful spending and proposals to eliminate a debt limit yet we don't have enough money for a dozen or two marines to watch the embassy or enough to eradicate this Sandy bs?! We give $2B to Pakistan and Egypt for crying out loud.. They spend $25B maintaining and cleaning unused vacant federal infrastructure and we can't give the east coast what it needs to get cleaned up? Wow!

And why no press? What do they not want them to see? That it takes more than a walk down the street with a republican and a camera to fix a disaster? Well done players. Transparency was promised and its easier than ever to see right through these guys. b*******.

• Like 2

. After everyone started complaining and they found out we were contacting the press, they brought people in. Every time we plugged in an iPhone or something, the cops would come and unplug them.”

Hummm should we start calling the National security people gestapo or stazzi? Oups that name is already taken.

Surely if it demonstrates anything, this demonstrates how FEMA, for whatever reason (lack of funding or whatever else), is actually barely capable of running a hot dog stand, let alone a network of gulags into which Dissidents from Obama's regime will be herded and secretly disposed of.

You said it all right there. Have you any idea how much credit was given for not only a job well done but a superb job well done? There were pats on the back, photo ops, NFL pregame photo ops, no ceremonies, with Roger Goodell and the head of FEMA along with all these other fake asss New York City power players. Well my Steelers crapped on that for them and they (the officials) did literally everything they could to give that game to the Giants. Point is Obama and FEMA were heralded as a great success before the cleanup even started. All they did was show up and the MSM drooled and crowed about how much better than Bush he is. The press was absolutely complacent in getting him re-elected. That's not sour grapes that's true and this op proves that.

• Like 1

Were there FEMA camps set up in Katrina? Did they last this long? Were they reported on?

No,because they we completely ill equipped for the event .You never even heard of FEMA until Katrina ,and their inept response .

Everyone was in the sports dome ,and complete lawlessness went on .

I might also want to remind everyone ,that FEMA camps and how bad they will be,is an alleged conspiracy theory .

Not anymore . Now its fact .

Surprise surprise .

• Like 2

No,because they we completely ill equipped for the event .You never even heard of FEMA until Katrina ,and their inept response .

I might also want to remind everyone ,that FEMA camps and how bad they will be,is an alleged conspiracy theory .

Surprise surprise .

Much of that lawlessness eventually turned out untrue. Much was invented to squander the Bush administration.

Are you saying the camps are bad? Is that the fact?

I'd like to know why it's locked down like Area 51.

Surprise surprise .

I'm only vaguely aware of the stuff being said about the FEMA "camps". THIS issue seems to be pure ineptitude and politically motivated horse stuff to cover themselves from bad press. It's disgraceful that Americans should just be left to suffer while political types argue over who's going to foot the bill - and you KNOW that's what this is really about. Obama should be flooding the region with cash and the jobs it would bring but he doesn't really need to now does he? He is politically untouchable now. And he KNOWS it.

Much of that lawlessness eventually turned out untrue. Much was invented to squander the Bush administration.

rapes and murder and stealing,occured in the dome ,it was awful . I had friends down there .One was literally swept away .

I watched all the news reports for weeks .It was very bad .

I never heard the dome stories were untrue .

They said numerous people are not allowed to rebuild their homes. They are being torn down ,even if the homeowners is willing to rebuild as it is.

At lest 200 people were told this,in NJ alone,which means they are forced to remain homeless ,much longer than originally anticipated .

In rockaway ,people who lost homes,are being penalized for not coming to get their cars at the impound lots ,and they are now fining them for this .They're trying to get everything else with their homes in order,and the city wants to know why they haven't come to get their car ....

You can barely drive on rockaway .

Huge sink holes have opened up all over rockaway . Stuff is sinking now too .huge holes in the streets ,but come get your car ? Now ?

In my neighborhood ,if you had a tree on your house,that was a city tree (ergo its the cities liability and responsibility to remove it ),they didnt bother ro remove those trees for at least two weeks They said emergency removals were the priority ..

Suddenly city citations were appearing on the doors of people with downed city trees on their homes.

The citations said "failure to maintain proper property maintenance .

They are using all of this to bilk people already hurt in the tragedy ,to make money .

Ok ....its beyond messed up .

• Like 1

I'm only vaguely aware of the stuff being said about the FEMA "camps". THIS issue seems to be pure ineptitude and politically motivated horse stuff to cover themselves from bad press. It's disgraceful that Americans should just be left to suffer while political types argue over who's going to foot the bill - and you KNOW that's what this is really about. Obama should be flooding the region with cash and the jobs it would bring but he doesn't really need to now does he? He is politically untouchable now. And he KNOWS it.

You've never heard of all the premade camps,with thousands of body bags and coffins .

People have video taped them from the air,as no one will let you near them on the ground . Body cases ,by the 1000s,all capable of holding up to six bodies .

They started building them after katrina ,but went into fully Stocking them ,just around the time the alleged h1n1 pandemic was allegedly goi.g to hit us .

Go to YouTube,and search FEMA camps .

rapes and murder and stealing,occured in the dome ,it was awful . I had friends down there .One was literally swept away .

I watched all the news reports for weeks .It was very bad .

I never heard the dome stories were untrue .

So did I and I believed it but it did turn out mostly false. I'll try and find links.

Here are just a couple excerpts from one of many similar links that a google search turned up. It didn't take much to do this research. You know better than to believe everything you hear on tv, don't you? Read the rest of the link there is a lot more info and do a search for yourself and you'll find most results will be similar.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2002520986_katmyth26.html

"I think 99 percent of it is [expletive]," said Sgt. 1st Class Jason Lachney, who played a key role in security and humanitarian work inside the Dome. "Don't get me wrong — bad things happened. But I didn't see any killing and raping and cutting of throats or anything ... 99 percent of the people in the Dome were very well-behaved."

Orleans Parish District Attorney Eddie Jordan said authorities have only confirmed four murders in the entire city in the aftermath of Katrina — making it a typical week in a city that anticipated more than 200 homicides this year.

"I had the impression that at least 40 or 50 murders had occurred at the two sites," he said. "It's unfortunate we saw these kinds of stories saying crime had taken place on a massive scale when that wasn't the case. And they [national media outlets] have done nothing to follow up on any of these cases; they just accepted what people [on the street] told them. ... It's not consistent with the highest standards of journalism."

It is fake.

There are no FEMA death camps. THese people are homeless because of a Hurricane. They have no place to go. Of course there is going to be crime there. That is human nature.

FEMA didn't set these camps up as precursor to martial law and an impending dictatorship.

There is alot of red tape involved in this stuff. My area went through something similar (but on a vastly smaller scale) when we have terrible floods here.

FEMA is doing a good job on an incredibly difficult and widespread problem.

You've never heard of all the premade camps,with thousands of body bags and coffins .

People have video taped them from the air,as no one will let you near them on the ground . Body cases ,by the 1000s,all capable of holding up to six bodies .

They started building them after katrina ,but went into fully Stocking them ,just around the time the alleged h1n1 pandemic was allegedly goi.g to hit us .

Go to YouTube,and search FEMA camps .

Most of which are the product of the Internet conspiracy industry. As has been observed above, does this really sound like an organisation that's likely to behave with Gestapo-like ruthless efficiency? And who exactly are they supposed to be preparing to round up? Dissidents? And as you yourself have remarked, they've been supposed to be doing this on one pretext or another for years.

• Like 2

For the record I haven't suggested these are death camps or anything like that. I just find it appalling how it was made to look like everything was fine for the benefit of obamas reelection when in fact it wasn't and still isn't and the news reports nothing nor are they allowed to.

• Like 1

Here are just a couple excerpts from one of many similar links that a google search turned up. It didn't take much to do this research. You know better than to believe everything you hear on tv, don't you? Read the rest of the link there is a lot more info and do a search for yourself and you'll find most results will be similar.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2002520986_katmyth26.html

"I think 99 percent of it is [expletive]," said Sgt. 1st Class Jason Lachney, who played a key role in security and humanitarian work inside the Dome. "Don't get me wrong — bad things happened. But I didn't see any killing and raping and cutting of throats or anything ... 99 percent of the people in the Dome were very well-behaved."

Orleans Parish District Attorney Eddie Jordan said authorities have only confirmed four murders in the entire city in the aftermath of Katrina — making it a typical week in a city that anticipated more than 200 homicides this year.

"I had the impression that at least 40 or 50 murders had occurred at the two sites," he said. "It's unfortunate we saw these kinds of stories saying crime had taken place on a massive scale when that wasn't the case. And they [national media outlets] have done nothing to follow up on any of these cases; they just accepted what people [on the street] told them. ... It's not consistent with the highest standards of journalism."

Well I was hearing it from people down there ,and on the mainstream news.

It wasn't rampant,but at least one murder occured at the dome,and a few rapes . That's more than enough .

I haven't looked at the articles yet.

I have one friend down there,whos been there for decades. I will ask her .

If memory serves,they tried to down play how bad it was,and could have white washed it with articles like this .

Who knows which news is the true news anymore.

• Like 1

For the record I haven't suggested these are death camps or anything like that. I just find it appalling how it was made to look like everything was fine for the benefit of obamas reelection when in fact it wasn't and still isn't and the news reports nothing nor are they allowed to.

No,too many people know about it ,but who knows .Maybe its a dry run,to see just how much control they can maintain .

Why arent they allowed to use their phones ?