Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5444 replies to this topic

#4441    zoser

zoser

Blue Emerald

• 8,762 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 25 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Like, oh I dunno...  illumination perhaps?   Posted Image  Pretty far fetched, I know...  crazy to even consider eh?  Silly me...

Illumination sounds like you are thinking in airliner terms.  Why would they need illumination?  If anything they would want stealth surely?  So propulsion is the only sensible answer I have.

Posted Image

#4442    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Just excited with the case I suppose; nothing intentional I can assure you.  What do you make of the under lights in 4429 and the comparison with Yuma?

Considering that the Yuma lights were illumination flares dropped by Harriers doing practice maneuvers, I think that your correlation is completely contrived.

A much better match for those lights you've focused on from Turkey is the example provided previously.  This'n:

Posted Image

#4443    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,245 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 25 November 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Who is "they" and how do you know that it is a "craft" the likes of which you are describing?  Why would you decide to dismiss conventional explanations out of hand and not give them any consideration at all?

Why does the answer have to be that?  You can think of no other purpose for lights?  Like, oh I dunno...  illumination perhaps?   Posted Image  Pretty far fetched, I know...  crazy to even consider eh?  Silly me...
I thought that had been fairly comprehensively discussed, and it would seem not unreasonable, would it not, that any race capable of navigating the vast distances of space (and/or dimensions) wouldn't need, oh I dunno... illumination perhaps, to see wher etehy're going?  I mean, we don't need to, by use on infra red.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4444    zoser

zoser

Blue Emerald

• 8,762 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 25 November 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Considering that the Yuma lights were illumination flares dropped by Harriers doing practice maneuvers, I think that your correlation is completely contrived.

A much better match for those lights you've focused on from Turkey is the example provided previously.  This'n:

Posted Image

Honestly Boon, it's a nice try but I'm going to accuse you now of doing exactly what has brought ufology into disrepute; hoaxing through CGI.

Check out the clip in post 4408.  The camera picks up a single light point source (in the sky!) and zooms in.  It's no ship.

Posted Image

#4445    zoser

zoser

Blue Emerald

• 8,762 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Honestly Boon, it's a nice try but I'm going to accuse you now of doing exactly what has brought ufology into disrepute; hoaxing through CGI.

Check out the clip in post 4408.  The camera picks up a single light point source (in the sky!) and zooms in.  It's no ship.

Further the most captivating image of the craft looks nothing like the elevation of it in your inset:

You have hoaxed the image in the inset; or someone has.

Posted Image

Edited by zoser, 25 November 2012 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image

#4446    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

View Post747400, on 25 November 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

I thought that had been fairly comprehensively discussed, and it would seem not unreasonable, would it not, that any race capable of navigating the vast distances of space (and/or dimensions) wouldn't need, oh I dunno... illumination perhaps, to see wher etehy're going?  I mean, we don't need to, by use on infra red.

The question of lights and UFOs has been raised, discussed, re-raised, re-discussed, ad infinitum here and elsewhere.  The point I was making was not in reference to UFOlogy in general, but with regards to the specific footage we've been discussing.  You know, the Turkey videos?  You know, those videos that some people seem to think are the...  oh, how did zoser put it again?...  "the capstone of the entire thread" and "the most important UFO/extraterrestrial images ever filmed" etc...?

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

When I respond to this point, you will most assuredly go back and respond to every point that you've avoided so far, right?

#4447    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Yes I think that Synch is thinking far too much in conventional human terms.  
Sounds like you are accusing me of limiting my speculation to the boundaries of what is commonly referred to as reality.
Although I am very open-minded, it does not mean when I see a hole I jump in headlong like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#4448    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Further the most captivating image of the craft looks nothing like the elevation of it in your inset:

Posted Image

What are you talking about in terms of elevation?  You mean because the matching portion is high on the sailing vessel?

Are you aware of the curvature of the earth zoser?  Are you aware that this planet we are on is ROUND, and things that are at sufficient distance in the horizon disappear behind that horizon because of the curved surface upon which we live, eat, breath, sleep, and boat?

#4449    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

Illumination sounds like you are thinking in airliner terms.  Why would they need illumination?  If anything they would want stealth surely?  So propulsion is the only sensible answer I have.
Stealth?
Well if they are after stealth, they should note that we are a helluva lot better at it.  Maybe that's why they might be here...to learn from us.  Our stealth technology does a better job of consealing the heat from propulsion than they're doing!

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#4450    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,245 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 25 November 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Sounds like you are accusing me of limiting my speculation to the boundaries of what is commonly referred to as reality.
Although I am very open-minded, it does not mean when I see a hole I jump in headlong like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.
i hardly think doubting that any hypothetical Alien race would need to look out of windows in order to navigate is jumping headlong into an Alice in Wonderland fantasy world. What's so implausible about that?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4451    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

View Post747400, on 25 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

i hardly think doubting that any hypothetical Alien race would need to look out of windows in order to navigate is jumping headlong into an Alice in Wonderland fantasy world. What's so implausible about that?
I interpreted his accusation in more general terms than in relating to one specific scenario.
I've already stated earlier today that I felt ETV's would have no need of illumination to navigate or study our terrain since they would have to be damn good at navigation to get here in the first place.
Also, I didn't mean to imply they would "need" to see out.  They way the concept is presented it seems the interpretation by some is that these are the "pilots" of the vehicle which would imply they are flying like our conventional craft.
I suppose I can accept that the fact they are visible is due to the structure of the craft...that is we are not seeing windows, but for some reason the craft is see-through where they are located.
All this requires that I consider this case to be a possible ETH, but unfortunately I still see absolutely nothing about it that warrants the ETH.
I am highly skeptical of this case.
Nothing personal guys, and really I'm looking for what you seem to have found.
You got me half-way thinking that I have gone down the wrong rabbit hole...that is, am I wrong?
Convince me otherwise.
Honestly, that would make my day :yes:

#4452    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 November 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

And just in case you're saying that the general shape of the "object" in your screen capture is much 'shorter in height' compared to the shape of the "object" in the animated GIF, that's because they aren't the same object.

Have you fully reviewed all of the Turkey footage?  Having done so, have you not noticed the disparity between the objects captured?  Your screen capture is from 2008.  The animated GIF is a capture from the 2009 video.  Specifically the portion labeled 3:57 AM, May 13, 2009, starting around the 1:35 mark and continuing up until about the 2:33 mark.  In fact, if you actually looked closely at the GIF you should clearly see that it was taken from a point where the time indicated is 3:58 AM, which is between the 2:14 and 2:33 marks.

#4453    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,245 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 25 November 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

I interpreted his accusation in more general terms than in relating to one specific scenario.
I've already stated earlier today that I felt ETV's would have no need of illumination to navigate or study our terrain since they would have to be damn good at navigation to get here in the first place.
Also, I didn't mean to imply they would "need" to see out.  They way the concept is presented it seems the interpretation by some is that these are the "pilots" of the vehicle which would imply they are flying like our conventional craft.
I suppose I can accept that the fact they are visible is due to the structure of the craft...that is we are not seeing windows, but for some reason the craft is see-through where they are located.
All this requires that I consider this case to be a possible ETH, but unfortunately I still see absolutely nothing about it that warrants the ETH.
I am highly skeptical of this case.
Nothing personal guys, and really I'm looking for what you seem to have found.
You got me half-way thinking that I have gone down the wrong rabbit hole...that is, am I wrong?
Convince me otherwise.
Honestly, that would make my day :yes:
Oh, i'm not necessarily trying to argue that this is the smoking gnu, and yes, I was talking more generically about the question of lights than this one, the "windows" do seem rather like one of those imaginative details that are added later. Having said that, I'm still not absolutetly convinced that it is conclusively a Ship or boat, but we shall just have to live with that, shan't we.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4454    zoser

zoser

Blue Emerald

• 8,762 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 25 November 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Stealth?
Well if they are after stealth, they should note that we are a helluva lot better at it.  Maybe that's why they might be here...to learn from us.  Our stealth technology does a better job of consealing the heat from propulsion than they're doing!

I very much doubt that our technology is better than theirs.  With the moon being our greatest space achievement?

Posted Image

#4455    zoser

zoser

Blue Emerald

• 8,762 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 25 November 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

And just in case you're saying that the general shape of the "object" in your screen capture is much 'shorter in height' compared to the shape of the "object" in the animated GIF, that's because they aren't the same object.

Have you fully reviewed all of the Turkey footage?  Having done so, have you not noticed the disparity between the objects captured?  Your screen capture is from 2008.  The animated GIF is a capture from the 2009 video.  Specifically the portion labeled 3:57 AM, May 13, 2009, starting around the 1:35 mark and continuing up until about the 2:33 mark.  In fact, if you actually looked closely at the GIF you should clearly see that it was taken from a point where the time indicated is 3:58 AM, which is between the 2:14 and 2:33 marks.

The underside of your image still looks false; I will check it out tomorrow.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users