Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you believe in real life genies?

Big Bad Voodoo

As title siad, do you believe in real life genies? Not as jinns but rather as good people who secretly done noble things to help others.

Idea comes after I watched french movie called Amelie but I also remembered x file episode where Genie was introduced.

Nevertheless I like to hear your thoughts.

i dont understand, are u asking if theres really good people who do good things? like go out of their way to help others or something more than this.

after watching disneys alladin we know that being a genie is slave labour ;)

I'll grant you one wish,but dont ask for me Pot of Gold,I've spent it on Xmas Prezzies.

• Like 1

I'll grant you one wish,but dont ask for me Pot of Gold,I've spent it on Xmas Prezzies.

What about just the pot?
  • Like 1

Can you give some use clothing and money for the Typhoon Pablo Victims in the Philippines... :santa:

Can you give some use clothing and money for the Typhoon Pablo Victims in the Philippines... :santa:

I would love to but I've just given All my spare gear to a Childrens Hospice, and some to the Salvation Army.

What about just the pot?

Thats at the end of a Rainbow

People who do noble things in secret, although never heard of them as genies, exist as far as I believe.

Sometimes divine intervention is also required and stories of angels appearing to help others are also not unheard of.

Stories like this are really important for those who believe but not very important to others who do not.

It is all modern folklore.

I only wish there was a real life genie

If I saw a Genie squeezing out of a bottle I would probably either poop myself or run a mile.hee hee.

If I saw a Genie squeezing out of a bottle I would probably either poop myself or run a mile.hee hee.

A lot of people would prefer to see beer come out of a bottle !!

• Like 2

A lot of people would prefer to see beer come out of a bottle !!

Genie's are from the Aladin Countries, how about a wee Leprechaun instead ?

no there are no such things as genies that i know of.

i wouldn't trust one anyway, based on what i've seen in the movies they always want to trick you or make you sorry you wished for what you did! jerks.

no there are no such things as genies that i know of.

i wouldn't trust one anyway, based on what i've seen in the movies they always want to trick you or make you sorry you wished for what you did! jerks.

You are correct, they have been dreamed up by various authors writing books.The kind that make children happy the same as Fairies, Witches, Goblins and a host of other Creations. Kids love to hear stories of wicked witches etc, being outwitted, its all part of growing up.And I bet you will go to see "The Hobbit", as I will, pure fantasy but it entertains for a couple of hours,and guess what, they aint no cuss words in this movie. Cheers.

You are correct, they have been dreamed up by various authors writing books.The kind that make children happy the same as Fairies, Witches, Goblins and a host of other Creations. Kids love to hear stories of wicked witches etc, being outwitted, its all part of growing up.And I bet you will go to see "The Hobbit", as I will, pure fantasy but it entertains for a couple of hours,and guess what, they aint no cuss words in this movie. Cheers.

atually i won't go see the hobbit, just as i did not see any of the lord of the rings movies

i read those books many years ago and i have my own ideas of the characters and the story and i know damned well i'll be disappointed with their renditions

but yeah i'm into fantasy stories for sure. book form tho

atually i won't go see the hobbit, just as i did not see any of the lord of the rings movies

i read those books many years ago and i have my own ideas of the characters and the story and i know damned well i'll be disappointed with their renditions

but yeah i'm into fantasy stories for sure. book form tho

Hi, nearly all films are fantasy these days,they are far removed from the books they were taken from .Happy reading.
  • Like 1

A man and his wife were sitting outside a cafe, both 50 yrs old, when the wife accidently rubbed an empty bottle. Whoosh out popped a genie,who said I can only give your husband one wish,the husband thought then said I wish my wife was 21 yrs younger,well the wife stayed at 50 yrs old but the husband was immediately transformed into a 71 year old. Never trust Genies.

• Like 2