Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you personally know anyone here?

Patient Zero

With such a large number of users here i'm wondering if members have met one another in person?

In my short time here i've come across some really cool people.

Beer's are on me if we ever meet!

• Like 9

No... and it's interesting to me that when I've recommended the site to a couple of friends and explained it to them they never seem to come - or maybe they just come and remain anonymous to me.. lol. But you're certainly right that there are MANY interesting - and very intelligent - members here. I feel honored to be part of the place.

• Like 6

I have met two UM'ers so far and jolly nice they were too ....one of them doesn't come here anymore - probably since meeting me in person :w00t:

• Like 6

Agreed with all of the above... I have never knowingly met a member in person, but there are more than a hand full that I really would like to meet...

Maybe after I win $400 million (or so) in the lottery, I could stage a "UMpalooza" fest or something... Invite all UM'ers to a three day "meet and greet" (or as we called it in the Army, a "Grip and Grin").... Of course

I would notify the local riot squad, so they could be on standby - just in case it turns out we really don't like each other - and for the CT/Atlantis people... :)

Edited by Taun
  • Like 7

I haven't met anyone, since I rarely venture very far away from home. I'd like to meet everyone! A big party where we all would gather would be great!

• Like 3

apparently there are 5567 people who have officially joined and have became a member of UM

And I know (not personally) about 20 or so regularly posting on here, and another 20 or so occasionally posting.

I'm like where da buckle is everyone!!

• Like 1

I know someone but we were both members for a few years before we realized it. She is my brothers girlfriend.

• Like 4

I know someone but we were both members for a few years before we realized it. She is my brothers girlfriend.

Small world lol

• Like 2

apparently there are 5567 people who have officially joined and have became a member of UM

And I know (not personally) about 20 or so regularly posting on here, and another 20 or so occasionally posting.

I'm like where da buckle is everyone!!

119,321 Total Members

• Like 1

Iv never meet anyone here. Everyone living throughout the world probably has an effect lol.

if anyone ever ends up in Columbus feel free to give a buzz

• Like 2

119,321 Total Members

yes, apologies, 5567 pages of UM members my bad that means 119,321 UM members :w00t:

• Like 1

yes, apologies, 5567 pages of UM members my bad that means 119,321 UM members :w00t:

I do wonder though, how many of those no longer post or visit here...

• Like 1

I do wonder though, how many of those no longer post or visit here...

Good question.

There's probably more one time, hit n' run members then there are regulars.

• Like 2

I know toast very well and I meet him on a daily basis. :yes:

• Like 3

I think I saw a mod on the bus one day but im not totally sure... :-D

• Like 2

hmm i dunno! i might know one of us and not know that i know one of us ! know what i mean?

it's funny to think about... how many of us have passed another of us on the street, or in a store, or seen a picture of one of us, or whatever ..and never knew it?! Some of us could be rather Famous... but modest. (i'm modest.. but not famous.. so it wouldn't be me)

• Like 2

Good question.

There's probably more one time, hit n' run members then there are regulars.

Lost count of the members who post some fantastical story and never post again.

I don't know a soul who uses this website. I'm in Australia and the other Australians on the board I know of off the top of my head I can count on one hand. So probably a very small chance I've seen someone on here... out there, haha.

But as and then said, it's an honour to be a part of this group. Such a diverse bunch of people with many differing opinions and ideas. Lots of stories and knowledge to share. A truly unique aspect when you really think about it. Very happy I've joined this place.

• Like 3

I've never met any fellow 'UMers' in person either. There are some I'd simply love to meet...and a few I'd run away from!

• Like 3

I don't think I know anyone from UM in the real world. At least not currently. I've known or met two people in real life prior to them showing up on UM- both were here shortly, one does not post anymore, the other got banned I think. I might know other people and not know it. There are some folks here I think it would be interesting to meet.

• Like 2

I have a habit of drawing a mental picture of various posters according to what they post and the forums they frequent. My mental pictures are more like cartoon caricatures. Most of the pictures are flattering, but some of you need a shave and a haircut.

• Like 4

I got together a few times with someone I met here. She moved out of town and stopped posting so I don't know what happened to her. There are a couple of other people I know are from my area, but I probably won't make an effort to meet them. There are quite a few people a would really like to meet and they only live a day trip away. Maybe one of these days...

I know that one of my sons is a UM member but he won't clue me in on his user name ....grrr *shakes fist*

So ...there's another UM member I have met. I'm on a bit of a roll aren't I!

• Like 3