Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ogopogo Video

ManInBlack

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• tarabull

• Devilwolf

• Canadian Rottweiler

Do you think this its Ogopogo?

444243[/snapback]

I think it could be a whale.

The things weren't really moving. I'd say rock formations or schools of fish. But, I didn't zoom in and I had WMP in skin mode...

444243[/snapback]

444790[/snapback]

Nice try (yeah sure wink2.gif a whale), incase you are not in the 'know' Ogopogo lives in Okanagan Lake, that being fresh water, absolutely no chance no.gif of a whale there, but yeah sure like i said, nice try......NEXT please. LOL rofl.gif

444243[/snapback]

444790[/snapback]

Nice try (yeah sure wink2.gif a whale), incase you are not in the 'know' Ogopogo lives in Okanagan Lake, that being fresh water, absolutely no chance no.gif of a whale there, but yeah sure like i said, nice try......NEXT please. LOL rofl.gif

444834[/snapback]

Maybe freshwater sharks or dolphins.

444243[/snapback]

444790[/snapback]

444834[/snapback]

laugh.gif

You prematurely judged the situation tarabull! rolleyes.gif It dosn't say that this "Ogopogo" video was taken in Okanagan Lake.

The Ogopogo is theorized to be an "instinct" Zueglodon (Which is/was a whale)

Whales can enter into freshwater for a short period of time, but can not survive there because of insufficent food, But yes, there are whales in Okanagan (See Link.)

Now, I've been looking to see if Okanagan is freshwater or saltwater, and I did find this:

"Although Forel originally considered limnology to be "the oceanography of lakes", a modern definition of limnology includes the study of all inland waters, including lakes, streams, springs, puddles, ponds, etc. Limnology includes the study of inland salt lakes (e.g. Mahoney Lake and Robert Lake in the Okanagan Valley) as well as all freshwater habitats. Limnology includes the study of physical and chemical aspects of water, as well as biology." [source]

This means that the lakes in the Okanagan area are both saltwater and freshwater, so whales could be found either way.

Aside from saying it was a whale it could also be: A wake, an optical illusion, a sturgeon, a school of fish, or even something we don't know about [i.e. something man-made caused the "monster" before it was taped]

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

very intresting... yes.gif very informative, very good discovery, and very much ogopogo...READ BELOW thumbsup.gif

if you spell ogopogo backwards you get ogopogo....

444977[/snapback]

too me it does actually look like awhale just beneath the surface, also ogopogo is supposedly supposed to be more of serpent-like creature

ogopogo is supposedly the unknown creature of lake okanagan and is supposed to be a long serpent-like creature or some think its a zeuglodon (whale or whale like) animal

if you spell ogopogo backwards you get ogopogo....

HOLY SH**....just like RACECAR

as for the video my stupid computer wont let me watch it so i have no imput on it...i just wanted to comment on the ogopogo backward thing

444243[/snapback]

444790[/snapback]

444834[/snapback]

laugh.gif

You prematurely judged the situation tarabull! rolleyes.gif It dosn't say that this "Ogopogo" video was taken in Okanagan Lake.

The Ogopogo is theorized to be an "instinct" Zueglodon (Which is/was a whale)

Whales can enter into freshwater for a short period of time, but can not survive there because of insufficent food, But yes, there are whales in Okanagan (See Link.)

Now, I've been looking to see if Okanagan is freshwater or saltwater, and I did find this:

"Although Forel originally considered limnology to be "the oceanography of lakes", a modern definition of limnology includes the study of all inland waters, including lakes, streams, springs, puddles, ponds, etc. Limnology includes the study of inland salt lakes (e.g. Mahoney Lake and Robert Lake in the Okanagan Valley) as well as all freshwater habitats. Limnology includes the study of physical and chemical aspects of water, as well as biology." [source]

This means that the lakes in the Okanagan area are both saltwater and freshwater, so whales could be found either way.

Aside from saying it was a whale it could also be: A wake, an optical illusion, a sturgeon, a school of fish, or even something we don't know about [i.e. something man-made caused the "monster" before it was taped]

444923[/snapback]

WOAH. aaaah yeah so I suppose I ASS-U-ME-D or rather prematurely judged the situation as per DBTFG....thanks SO MUCH for your thorough input. As for mine, nevermind.... unsure.gif

That was a pretty kool video, people should carry video cameras all the time tongue.gif

I'm always a little skeptical when the sites have this listed under the video footage disgust.gif

Please read the description of each to better understand what you are seeing.

Thanks for the imprinting, Kevin. laugh.gif

blush.gif What the heck is an ogopogo?

445113[/snapback]

If you want a lot of info on the ogopogo,i'm the one to ask.I have seen it 4 times(yes i have),i go there almost every summer,and i live 3 hours away grin2.gif

445113[/snapback]

If you want a lot of info on the ogopogo,i'm the one to ask.I have seen it 4 times(yes i have),i go there almost every summer,and i live 3 hours away grin2.gif

446704[/snapback]

quite interested with what you saw. hope you'll post pictures thumbsup.gif

445113[/snapback]

446704[/snapback]

So CR, just curious since your only 3 hours away from there, do you (personally) know of any salt water LAKES in the Okanagan....

BTW, I've stared out over the Okanagan Lake many times watching and waiting for him but the sneaky slickery sucker slipped by me everytime disgust.gif

Edited by tarabull

you all should really watch the lake at night with night vision goggles

honestly to say i haven't a clue, it could be anything hmm.gif