Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your take? Do vampires Exist?

vampyrlover

I say that no one should say they don't exist. There is no proof that they do exist and no proof that they don't. It is all a matter of science. I like to beleive there arer vampires out there. Who will defy me?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vampyrlover

• BurnSide

• aquatus1

• Hotoke

Top Posters In This Topic

Naturally, if there's no proof they do exist, as you said, then that makes them by default, to not exist. You cannot disprove the existance of something that isn't proven to exist, and since as you said there is no proof, then logic and common sense dictate that they therefore do not exist.

Non-existant until proven to exist.

And then, of course, we would have to define what you are talking about when you say vampire. If you are referring to the modern, Lestat-ish Hollywood vampire, well, those most definitely do not exist, as you can trace each additional power and property back through the history of entertainment. When you come down to it, before Bram Stoker re-defined the image, vampires were more along the lines of what we today refer to as ghouls, as disgusting goblinesque creatures that feast on the flesh of the dead.

I think they exist, they do look like normal people, so you never know. Walking down the srteet late at night, and you pass a man leaning against a builing. As you pass him you hear footsteps behind you, you turn to look, no one there, and as you turn back around to start running. There he is biting your neck. It's very possible that they do exist, so i wouldn't say that they don't.

No, i seriously doubt they exist, apart from the wannabees. Why do you think its probable that they exist?

ever read the novel Dracula? if it werent for that novel no one would question the existence of modern day vampires. i have one word for you, FICTION!

I believe that vampires are just fictional characters...There are people that believe that they are vampires; but then again there are people who think that they are a chicken or a buick, so that doesn't mean much.

A certain segment of the population seems to really get into it and falls into that lifestyle, the gothic dress, makeup and such. It is kids stuff.

Anyone that seriously believes in the existance of vampires and werewolves are in dire need ot a psychiatric examination.

VAmpires exist because of rumor and speculation. mabye 500 years ago, there was a reclusive old man named draclaw or something, he liked his meat extra rare, a servant noticed this and bam! instant vampire!

VAmpires exist because of rumor and speculation. mabye 500 years ago, there was a reclusive old man named draclaw or something, he liked his meat extra rare, a servant noticed this and bam! instant vampire!

456012[/snapback]

Yo do Realize that there is an ACTUAL Illness that is sort of like vampyreisim and that "old man " was one of the cruellest people in history

I wish it were not so, but they are fiction. Immortality would be worth a little blood.lol tongue.gif

They just do not fit into humanity's history...

I can imagine the world to be much more melancholic and aweful if they did exist.

What is so appealing or cool about vampires and their lifestyle?

Immortality, supernatural power. These things have been and always will be appealing to mankind no matter the cost.

Immortality, supernatural power. These things have been and always will be appealing to mankind no matter the cost.

456080[/snapback]

Damn it! disgust.gif This is why people want to believe in vampires?!

Edited by Athenian

i think that if nearly everyone around the world has heard of vampires then they must be real or some sort of thing that looks like one. it is highly impossible that one day someone woke up and said that there are vampires.

i think that if nearly everyone around the world has heard of vampires then they must be real or some sort of thing that looks like one. it is highly impossible that one day someone woke up and said that there are vampires.

456085[/snapback]

Blood is the single most obvious life-giving element in existence. What could be a more basic human fear than a monster who drinks your blood and turns you into a monster in the process? There are legends of blood drinkers throughout the world, yet they vary in description as much as dragons. The fact that such a basic property of a monster exists global is more evidence that they are a result of a basic human fear, rather than the highly improbable chance of a legion of creatures evolving the same need for blood, the same infectuous nature, and remaining hidden throughout history.

No two vampires are alike, and Dracula is most definitely a concoction of Hollywood. All the abilities we hear about todays vampires were created for the purpose of taking advantage of cinematic special effects. Lestat is fiction. The ancient historical texts the characters look through to find the vampires weakness don't exist. This is a very modern monster, and all the medical ailments and psychological proximities to their properties doesn't remove the fact that they explain properties that are not historically attributed to the vampire of legend, only to the vampire of entertainment media.

Don't exsist, how could someting live on blood alone? Have a body as hard as marble? I think someone would notice that. There are cases of disease that people drink blood but they also eat their veggies and come out in the sun. Not that I don't want them to be...who doesn't want supernatraul powers and immortality.

Not that I don't want them to be...who doesn't want supernatraul powers and immortality.

456169[/snapback]

But for evil purposes and intentions?! Come on now!! crying.gif

I agree Aquatus1, the whole thing was blown out of proportion. There was a guy called Vladimir Dracule, and he was basically a freak who liked the taste of blood, I doubt thats all he lived on but he was called a monster due to his behaviour, then like you said Hollywood took over and vampire's were born.

Dispite our recent clashes with some posts, I do find you one of the most informative and Intelligent members on this site, I see us talking allot, providing you don't get tired of me,lol