Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

October Surprise Coming

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

http://newsbusters.o...t-december-2008

Total Employment Rises 873,000 To Highest Level Since December 2008

The unemployment rate decreased to 7.8 percent in September, a number certain to impact the presidential race.
Pundits have been saying for months this number had to drop below 8 percent for it not to be a hindrance to President Obama's reelection chances.
The economy added 114,000 nonfarm payrolls in the month according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics with gains in healthcare, transportation and warehousing.

Truly shocking in the report was that the number of unemployed people dropped by 456,000 to 12.1 million.
Maybe more shocking, total employment, as measured by the Household Survey, rose by 873,000 in September to 142,974,000, the biggest one month jump since June 1983.
As such, total employment now stands at the highest level it's been since December 2008 before Obama was inaugurated.
But even more mysterious is the divergence in the two surveys done by the Labor Department.

The Household Survey showed a gain of 873,000 people employed in September - resulting in the surprise drop in the unemployment rate - while the Establishment Survey only showed a rise of 114,000.

Hmmm.

Sounds like book cooking to me!

EDIT:

In fact here is more;

http://www.weeklysta...ism_653731.html

This morning's jobs report released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics is being met with skepticism. The report found that, from August to September, the unemployment rate dropped from just above 8 percent to 7.8 percent.

In fact, when Labor Secretary Hilda Solis appeared on CNBC this morning, the first two questions for her were whether the books have been cooked:  

Edited by Socio, 05 October 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#17    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,603 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

View PostThe Mule, on 05 October 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

UAW lost 250,000 members during Bush's years (Including my plant which went to Mexico) , and 84,000 during Obama's years.

The UAW is the reason those jobs moved to Mexico, not Bush.  UAW is also the reason that GM went bankrupt and then had to be bailed out with taxpayer money.  Criminally, Obama turned most of GM over to the UAW who have run it back into the ground.   It will soon be going bankrupt anyways but the taxpayers are out billions.  
Bankruptcy is what should've happened with GM.  Through bankruptcy the massively overpriced UAW contract could've been voided and something more reasonable and competitive negotiated.  UAW needs to be gutted and the crooks in charge prosecuted for embezzlement and  fraud.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#18    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostMerc14, on 05 October 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

The UAW is the reason those jobs moved to Mexico, not Bush.  UAW is also the reason that GM went bankrupt and then had to be bailed out with taxpayer money.  Criminally, Obama turned most of GM over to the UAW who have run it back into the ground.   It will soon be going bankrupt anyways but the taxpayers are out billions.  
Bankruptcy is what should've happened with GM.  Through bankruptcy the massively overpriced UAW contract could've been voided and something more reasonable and competitive negotiated.  UAW needs to be gutted and the crooks in charge prosecuted for embezzlement and  fraud.

LOL that funny guy. Too bad you dont know what you're talking about.

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#19    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,603 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostThe Mule, on 05 October 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

LOL that funny guy. Too bad you dont know what you're talking about.

Oh that's right, George Bush signed a bill that made GM ship thousands of jobs overseas.  I can't believe I missed that. The horrifically high and devastating cost of UAW union labor had absolutely nothing to do with GM's decision.  Makes perfect sense to me.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#20    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hey, you were fooled by Bush in 2000, you were fooled by GM in '08. How's it feel to be twice a fool?

Posted Image

#21    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,603 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 05 October 2012 - 11:45 PM, said:

Hey, you were fooled by Bush in 2000, you were fooled by GM in '08. How's it feel to be twice a fool?

How did GM fool me, I didn't vote for the ass that bailed GM out?

Edited by Merc14, 06 October 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#22    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

First of all, the UAW contracts are two-way NEGOTIATIONS. Maybe you need to look that word up. It means 2 parties agreed to the terms. Yes, GM Management signed off on it. Without being put under duress. You know what "duress" is I assume? Just in case, it means nobody held a gun to their head. The next part, Between 2004-2008, CEO Rick Waggoner was paid over 40 million. They also paid out tons of money to other executives in salary and stock options. Next they move work overseas, forcing them to layoff workers here in the US. That creates HUGE losses...on paper at least. Of course if you ever were IN a GM plant and saw how they're managed you'd also understand that the mentality there is "save a nickel today, even if it costs a doller next week."

Then comes the piece de resistence...if I could only speak French. The icing on the cake. "Hello government, if you don't allow us to file bankruptcy, we're just going to close all theses plants and you can watch your tax rolls plummet lower than the lowest plane of hell."
If anything here was criminal, it was the actions by people like Steven Miller at Delphi, Rick Waggoner of GM, and Dick Daugh of American Axle.

And for the record....Bush bailed them out http://www.nytimes.c...ess/20auto.html

Posted Image

#23    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,801 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

I think the Oct. Durprise will be that our military finally killed Osama Bin Laden. Well, hey, you know how many times those guys have to die. They know how to dupe us so easily. Right?

meanwhile, no one mentions the doubles for OBL or Saddam had, even tho the wife told us that we caught the fake Saddam.

Edited by regeneratia, 06 October 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#24    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,603 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 06 October 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

First of all, the UAW contracts are two-way NEGOTIATIONS. Maybe you need to look that word up. It means 2 parties agreed to the terms. Yes, GM Management signed off on it. Without being put under duress. You know what "duress" is I assume? Just in case, it means nobody held a gun to their head. The next part, Between 2004-2008, CEO Rick Waggoner was paid over 40 million. They also paid out tons of money to other executives in salary and stock options. Next they move work overseas, forcing them to layoff workers here in the US. That creates HUGE losses...on paper at least. Of course if you ever were IN a GM plant and saw how they're managed you'd also understand that the mentality there is "save a nickel today, even if it costs a doller next week."

Then comes the piece de resistence...if I could only speak French. The icing on the cake. "Hello government, if you don't allow us to file bankruptcy, we're just going to close all theses plants and you can watch your tax rolls plummet lower than the lowest plane of hell."
If anything here was criminal, it was the actions by people like Steven Miller at Delphi, Rick Waggoner of GM, and Dick Daugh of American Axle.

And for the record....Bush bailed them out http://www.nytimes.c...ess/20auto.html

Negotiating with the UAW is a joke.

Note the date on that article.  Bush consulted with the incoming President who made the decision to bail out GM.  AT the time Bush was applauded, by the left, for allowing the smartest man on earth to make the decision. That decision, having been made by the incoming President was approved by the democrat senate and house.  It was only a part of the bailoutr with many more billions to follow and the criminal fraud of who got paid and who didn't.

Regardless, GM wouldn't have been in that position if they hadn't had so much capital tied up in Union retirements.  I don't remember the exact number but something like $3500 of every vehicle sold went towards funding retired UAW workers.  Ridiculous.

It is laughable that you are supporting the unions, afterall, rather than save everyone's job and lower labor costs they chose to let you boys go and keep what they had.  Basically a G-#-Y attitude towards guys like you.

Unions are done.  They aren't needed and have become massively destructive, especially the public unions.  You want a thread unions, start one, I'll be glad to sign on but this thread is about October surprises so talk about that will ya.

#25    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

View PostMerc14, on 06 October 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

Negotiating with the UAW is a joke.

Note the date on that article.  Bush consulted with the incoming President who made the decision to bail out GM.  AT the time Bush was applauded, by the left, for allowing the smartest man on earth to make the decision. That decision, having been made by the incoming President was approved by the democrat senate and house.  It was only a part of the bailoutr with many more billions to follow and the criminal fraud of who got paid and who didn't.

Regardless, GM wouldn't have been in that position if they hadn't had so much capital tied up in Union retirements.  I don't remember the exact number but something like $3500 of every vehicle sold went towards funding retired UAW workers.  Ridiculous.

It is laughable that you are supporting the unions, afterall, rather than save everyone's job and lower labor costs they chose to let you boys go and keep what they had.  Basically a G-#-Y attitude towards guys like you.

Unions are done.  They aren't needed and have become massively destructive, especially the public unions.  You want a thread unions, start one, I'll be glad to sign on but this thread is about October surprises so talk about that will ya.

Yeah, note the date. It was still Bush's decision no matter how you look at it. He made the choice. Deal with it.

$3500 you say? Oh, no....thats what GM says. Thats what they tell the press. Like they tell the press that workers make $75 an hour. Of course they'd never lie. Even though my paystubs never paid me nearly that much.

Of course I support unions. They negotiated me a good wage and a $140K buyout. And actually Im thankful everyday that the plant closed down because I ended up in an even better place.

Unions are good. Its no coincidence that the US had enormous economic growth in the 50s and 60s when union membership was at its peak. And it was you who brought up GM plant closings, I gave you union numbers. You dont like it? WAH WAH WAH....you're going to have another 4 years of whining about Obama so we might as well get used to it.

You want October suprise??? How about a guy running for President who wants to send all the Federal Government powers back to the states. Thats what he said the other night. Sounds like he's still rather be a governor. Or at least shuck all responsibility back on them.

Posted Image

#26    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,603 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 06 October 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Yeah, note the date. It was still Bush's decision no matter how you look at it. He made the choice. Deal with it.

$3500 you say? Oh, no....thats what GM says. Thats what they tell the press. Like they tell the press that workers make $75 an hour. Of course they'd never lie. Even though my paystubs never paid me nearly that much.

Of course I support unions. They negotiated me a good wage and a $140K buyout. And actually Im thankful everyday that the plant closed down because I ended up in an even better place.

Unions are good. Its no coincidence that the US had enormous economic growth in the 50s and 60s when union membership was at its peak. And it was you who brought up GM plant closings, I gave you union numbers. You dont like it? WAH WAH WAH....you're going to have another 4 years of whining about Obama so we might as well get used to it.

You want October suprise??? How about a guy running for President who wants to send all the Federal Government powers back to the states. Thats what he said the other night. Sounds like he's still rather be a governor. Or at least shuck all responsibility back on them.

Like I said, start a thread, I'll be happy to post.

#27    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,422 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Blaming the UAW for GM's failure does seem to be a cop out.

As the above poster mentioned, negotiating is a two way street.  GM accepted the terms because they could STILL make money, even after paying those things.   GM's lack of management, an product with quality issues, and a push towards foreign vehicles spelled doom for GM.  They could not see the writing on the wall, and we far too slow to change.

If a hedge fund manger or a CEO negotiates to get everything they can, they are considered saavy, if a laborer does it, they are considered scum??

That's a double standard that just doesn't have a basis in reality.

#28    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostMerc14, on 06 October 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Like I said, start a thread, I'll be happy to post.

LOL.I have no interest in anything you have to say.

Posted Image

#29    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,603 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostThe Mule, on 06 October 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

LOL.I have no interest in anything you have to say.
I would guess not, the truth hurts and you got burned by your union didn't you.  They got theirs and dumped you boys to the curb rather than take even a little pay cut or retirement hit.  Go UAW!  :tsu:

#30    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Why so hostile? Why so bitter? You sound like one of those guys who got let go on day 89.

The truth? 60% is hardly a small hit. See, those of us with self-respect and dignity would never accept a 60% pay cut, but reading your posts I can see dignity isn't something you're very big on. Guess it comes from saying "would you like fries with that?" and living in your moms basement.

*This message brought to you by the labor movement, the people who gave you weekends!*

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users