Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

best proof

YBC

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snuffypuffer

• thepsychoticseaotter

• PurpleStuart

• saxcatz

There is no proof unfortunately.

Although i believe in alien life elsewhere in the universe, i don't believe it has visited us yet.

I agree, PS, there isn't any proof. The best we have is a vast literature of anecdotal and circumstantial evidence, various quasi-religious/spiritual theories, and some very suspect 'artefacts'.

There is not, sadly, one shred of concrete proof.

This is true. Although the existence of aliens here on earth is proven, the ones that are known to exist are a residence of earth, and not just visiting.

Im waiting for Starmans alien claw, which he says is most likely of alien origin....weird, I ain't seen him around for a while...

THEY EXIST

You can scream that until youre blue in the face, but without anything to actually PROVE it youre talking to no-one.

Kinda like street preachers...only lower down on the 'people youre likely to listen to' list.

Just had a thought...

Some have said that religion was invented by man to control his fellow man...

Could the alien hype be the same thing in the making for modern times?

How would it control mankind, though, Columnaz? I don't see any set of commandments where extraterrestrial intelligence is concerned, just a bunch of new age hooplah and garden variety nonsense. The best evidence for aliens visiting earth is if a ship appears before a live studio audience and officially announces that they're here. Or maybe if they happened to litter, which they don't seem to do.

Snuffy's right. I've said this before about the whole 'alien' thing , but there's no sense of the ridiculous about it. Some people seem to be able to shift very rapidly from the reasonable premise of I believe life on other planets exists to aliens started Christianity, built the pyramids and control all terrestrial technology, with absolutely nothing in between. It puts me in mind of a cult, I'm afraid to say.

And Andy's right too. Regardless of how fervently you believe something, you can't expect anyone else to believe it without tangible proof. Frankly, with aliens, there is no tangible proof. I repeat, the best we have is a vast literature of anecdotal and circumstantial evidence, various quasi-religious/spiritual theories, and some very suspect 'artefacts'.

Aslan's got a point, you can make up anything you want about aliens, and a large portion of the "true believers" will take it as gospel. I will come up with something patently absurd, like, even though no one likes the yellow swedish fish, they still make them because the Proconsul of Alpha Centauri finds them tasty and likes to be able to find them wherever he goes, and this will be calmly accepted as a perfectly plausible fact.

i think the best proof we have of alien's existing is our own existence. if we appeared from the processes of this world, others must have appeared too from the processes of their worlds. we are almost able to visit other worlds, so there must be others that are well beyond our capabilities already. they could have very easily visited us already without our knowing it, or those endless strange bits of facts from history could really be aliens.

if an alien visited us today, would people in the distant future believe it happened if we wrote of it? people today don't even believe Christ was born and died, much less many of the stranger stories. there is no such thing as decisive proof. people today don't even believe their own eyes anymore. we are jaded and suspicious of everything.

I always thought that roswell pretty much explained it all....

And how, praytell, does it explain anything, except that people will believe whatever they want, no matter what you tell them?

I think with all of the people that have claimed to see aliens (not ufos), you would think at least one of them actually have. I know that isn't enough proof for everyone, but we should at least consider that something has visited earth. I realize that actual proof of most of these sightings (if there were actual proof) could and would be debunked.

Edited by Mentalcase

I've an open mind, but nothing has convinced me yet. Aliens exist but not in our backyard! grin2.gif

THEY EXIST

Everytime some kind of physical evidence appears, the military interferes.

Not the military, the government "agencies". But, I agree with you. The agencies are secret to the public, they just pose as fbi, cia, cops, militart, etc.

The only "proof" would be a verifiable and reproducible contact.

For me though, I think about how many thousands of millions of stars there are, each with orbiting planets, not to mention their moons orbiting them and I find it hard to believe that our rock is alone in supporting life. Therefore, I have to say that I believe that aliens exist.

Having said that, I'm just not so sure whether this life takes the shape of little chaps looking like this alien.gif , flying around our planet, abducting folk and sticking futuristic thermometers up their arses. I'm probably wrong though, I usually am!

Just out of curiousity........ What is considered TANGIBLE/REAL PROOF?

I ask because i'd like to know what it is that people think it will take for people to believe. Personal Experience doesn't work, countless stories are useless.... so what do YOU all think would be good enough for YOU to believe?

There is no real proof. I believe in UFO's, not Alien beings. Not until I have some type of concrete proof. I had talked with this lady, that claimed to talk with an Alien, and my one question, left unanswered of course, has always been, if they are here, and channeling through another person, why not divulge some secret recipe for something that would impact us as a human race, as to not leave this channeler open for critisism. Meaning, give me something here. Not, a bunch of statements like they are here to save our world, and so on.

I have done years and years of research into UFO's, and I have yet to come across any proof of any Alien life, being here on Earth. Do they exist? Who knows?

Roswell doesn't explain anything. Neither do abduction stories. They are stories. Nothing to date has ever been caught on film. Besides the UFO's themselves. Most abduction stories are recalled through hypnosis, which opens up another whole can of worms right there. You are begging for critisism if you recall anything through hypnosis.

Then, you have people that choose to look at things through rose colored lenses, that want to believe in this so bad, they will believe anything, without question. I would rather believe the truth, even if it is mundane. I believe in UFO's because I have seen them. Not because I saw some pictures, which may or may not be altered.

Reese