Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When you swallow an apple seed...

Vold

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jobot37

• V for Vanity

• Rykster

• LostLittleGirl

When I was young, My pearents told me that if I swallowed an apple seed an apple tree will burst out of my head and I would die if I took any out of the tree

Edited by Ajax is kewl

My parents just told me that apple seeds and cores are poisonous, which is true, to a certain degree as apple cores and seeds do contain arsenic.

My mum would say that eating my crusts would make my hair curly, carrots would make me see in the dark (which to some extent is true because they do contain a nutrient that helps your night vision) :hmm:

Edited by Kahrie

When I was young, My pearents told me that if I swallowed an apple seed an apple tree will burst out of my head and I would die if I took any out of the tree

well then...you certainly had a...unique childhood...nope, i wasn't told anything like that as a youth, i just got "dont do that" "why?" "because i said so" topic closed...

My parents just told me that apple seeds and cores are poisonous, which is true, to a certain degree as apple cores and seeds do contain arsenic.

Really? I have always eaten the whole aple (when I don't have the time or a place to put the rest of the apple) and I am still here :o

wow!..this topic refreshes my childhood memories... :)

Really? I have always eaten the whole aple (when I don't have the time or a place to put the rest of the apple) and I am still here :o

There realy isn't enough in it to affect you negatively, but its there, yes.

i was told the carrot and spinach story :P

but i still dun like carrots tho lmao

When I was a kid there was this "urban legend" that there was a bee in the bottom of ice cream cones. I always ate the darned thing anyway. I never did believe things normal kids did. I never believed in Santa or the EB or the tooth fairy!

When I was a kid there was this "urban legend" that there was a bee in the bottom of ice cream cones. I always ate the darned thing anyway. I never did believe things normal kids did. I never believed in Santa or the EB or the tooth fairy!

a skeptic from the beginning, eh? ;)

^^^

Yuppers! :)

Never had any monsters in my closet. Never was afraid of the dark. In fact, I liked it and used to camp out in the backyard a lot with my telescope, or binoculars which I got my first pair of at age 5!

If I picked my nose my brains would cave in... :cry: I kept on picking! :D

I always believed in tooth faeries when I was little, especially faeries. I remember when I was turning 6 and I lost a tooth I was so excited I told my parents over and over how I was going to be rich, when I woke up I found 11$ under my pillow. I asked if my father did it he said no, I believed him. I was so naive.

Wow, my parents were sick and twisted. They used monster stories on me.

If I didn't go to sleep, the "workman" would get me. I think they got him from some kind of movie. . .I was told it was "the Gate" but my husband said he didn't think there was a "workman" in there.

If I went outside after dark, "red eyes" would get me. I thought red eyes was a monster, but they were actually joking about the neighborhood drunk. . .which I didn't find out until I was a teenager.

then there were a bunch of things that were told to me just to scare me. . .ie, Raw Head Rex is coming for me. . .bloody Mary. . .the list goes on. Needless to say, I was a very good child.

I was also told the stories about carrots and spinach. . .but I didn't eat them anyways. . .and no amount of "Raw Head Rex likes to eat people that don't eat carrots (or spinach)" could get me to eat either of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Not arsenic, buy cyanide. I read it in an internet anti-government ebook (won't tell you it real name) but they were going on about how to process apple seed to kill someone. How much you need, how to refine it etc (that why i won't tell you the name of the book :ph34r: )

Snoopes confirms it aswell

Why can I so easily picture Sherri DuPree drawing that?

*Is going to an Eisley concert tomorrow and therefore obsessed*

My father told me if I ate spinach, i'd be super strong like Popeye the sailorman :rolleyes:

Wow, never heard that one before... ;)

My Grandma used to tell me that drinking cofee too young would result in a hairy chest. My Memaw used to threaten us with the Booggie Man, she would even tell us she saw him on the porch and would" let him in if we didn't "( fill in the blank) :no:

Oh , and the carrots thing is soo true, I used to eat carrots like crazy, my night vision was pretty decent. I haven't been eating any carrots...it's been years...I swear I have night blindness!!!! :w00t::rofl:

My mum told me before that if i eat the apple seed, an apple tree will grow inside my body and branches will come out of my nose, mouth, ears, and leaves will grow on my skin...

Edited by Yanna`

My mum told me before that if i eat the apple seed, an apple tree will grow inside my body and branches will come out of my nose, mouth, ears, and leaves will grow on my skin...

:hmm: