Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Giant skeletons in North America/Grand Canyon

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#16    Hocus

Hocus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

View PostAbramelin, on Aug 15 2009, 05:11 PM, said:

They were creating 'aliens' in Africa, around 1930:

Posted Image

That little guy must now have grown to about 12 feet or something... heh.

http://www.iamcultur....php?article188

I didn't say people didn't mishape their skulls, i'm well aware it goes on today and has done for thousands of years. But hey, who's head looks like that? Where did they get the idea of a head looking like that from? Certainly not humans. because humans heads didn't originally look like that an never have done naturally. So there must have been some original source who's head looked like that, on which they based there own mishapen skulls on. Hey, i wonder who that could of been, you don't suppose it could have been.....

"To consider the earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow"
-Methodorus.
Greek philosopher of the fourth century B.C.

#17    Hocus

Hocus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

- Albert Einstein

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on Aug 15 2009, 05:05 PM, said:

Oh, please.

Clearly you've never even been around a university history department, or you wouldn't try to suggest some sort of massive cover-up. The idea of a bunch of /any/ college professors, let alone historians, agreeing to any one thing exists only in CT mythology. Again, I just don't think absolute ignorance is the best place to criticize from. Or to theorize from, frankly.

--Jaylemurph

Are you actually serious?

I'm sure college professors don't scheme about what to tell us behind close doors, that's already been decided. Most of the time they will be none the wiser that what they are teaching is heavily edited or a total fabrication. I never said they were the ones who scheme. As for this scientifc cover-up, i'm not saying all scientists and ayone in the field is part of it, in fact many are oblivious to it, but there are those who are part of it, some don't report anomalous objects and artifacts and keep them to themselves, because they know full well if they do it will be the last artifact they document, as they'll know longer be in a job. This is a fact, has happen multiple times. Read the book "Forbidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo. There are case documented in that book.
Though there is a blatant scientific filter that exists and still goes on to this very day, if an object doesn't fit right in with the so called accpeted hypothesis of history, it's violently rejected. This is also a fact.

Don't see the argument here Jayle, to be honest.

Can you show me some proof that those examples i posted up are a hoax? Shouldn't be hard, if there such a well known hoax, like is claimed.

"To consider the earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow"
-Methodorus.

#18    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

View PostHocus, on Aug 15 2009, 06:33 PM, said:

Just because the photograph i used was from Crystalinks, does that mean i have to agree with the theories given by them? That's all they are... theories.

Not to mention the capacity of the skull and many others like it have a BIGGER capacity than a human skull, you can bash and mishape your head as much as you wish, but you can't change the capacity. That's a fact. And the capacity of these such skulls were over twice that for a human skull. That's also a fact. So either this skull goes against an obvious scientific fact or...... it didn't belong to a human being.

You talk about cranial capacity. But what is inside that enlarged skull? Just really big brains?

What if it is nothing but an (artificially) deformed skull, with brains and enlarged cerebral ventricles inside (meaning: extra brain fluid, like those suffering from hydrocephalus) caused by binding the head after birth?

Did anyone ever check the inside wall of those skulls?

I didn't say people didn't mishape their skulls, i'm well aware it goes on today and has done for thousands of years. But hey, who's head looks like that? Where did they get the idea of a head looking like that from? Certainly not humans. because humans heads didn't originally look like that an never have done naturally. So there must have been some original source who's head looked like that, on which they based there own mishapen skulls on. Hey, i wonder who that could of been, you don't suppose it could have been.....

Well, if you had clicked on that link in my former post you'd know why the Africans did it: because it was a sign of beauty and intelligence to have heads deformed like this.

Oh, and where did people get the idea to decorate their bodies with tattoos? From weird colored aliens perhaps??

Edited by Abramelin, 15 August 2009 - 04:57 PM.

#19    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

View PostHocus, on Aug 15 2009, 10:45 AM, said:

This skull belonged to someone at least 12ft tall....... http://www.crystalin...m/incahead1.jpg
Skeptics say it's just a disformed skull, though there have been plenty of skulls found like this worldwide. Also the capacity of this skull is bigger than that of a human.

Visiting the site you took that from, no where do i find reference to the size of this person being twelve feet. is that a personal extrapolation?

Here's a photograph of a person suffering from carpenter's Syndrome:
Posted Image
There are other disorders that cause cone shaped or other, oddly shaped heads. Adding in to that common practices like head binding, and it's not outside of the range for human deformities.

This is a giant bone found in Turkey..... http://members.toast...ntHumanLeg2.jpg
That's not a thigh bone, that's a mock up of a thighbone that's supposedly human.

Skull of an unknown race found in Pennsylvania....... http://www.burlingto...skullhorned.jpg
When it was sent off for testing, it suddenly went missing, how convenient that was, eh.

Yes, remarkably convenient. Also interesting to point out that researching the skull, while your link mentions the 1880's, it seems this image arose in 1916.
[url=http://www.spanishhill.com/articles/horned.htm]This is a scan of a newspaper printing a retraction on the story.
And, since no photographs were made of the non-horned indians, this leaves the skull as an enigma, with no actual source or story associated with it.

But as these blow Darwninism out of the water and pretty much most accepted history, they are filtered out and either called or hoax or they will smear anyone who dares to speak out.

Actually, even if they were true, it hardly blows Darwinism, or Evolution out of the water, as you say.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#20    drpaxton

drpaxton

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

Giant axes found in Sumer..... http://www.bibliotec...tchers10_09.jpg

And I guess if furture civilizations find this:
Posted Image

They'll assume there was a race of 100 ft tall humans that lived around 2010.

#21    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,864 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

View PostHocus, on Aug 15 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

Are you actually serious?

Yes. Quite.

I'm sure college professors don't scheme about what to tell us behind close doors, that's already been decided.

I can tell you with authority they don't. I can also tell you most instructors take it as point of honour not to let others dictate their syllabi or research, especially they older they get. I've certainly never got sealed orders from above telling me what I can and cannot teach.

Most of the time they will be none the wiser that what they are teaching is heavily edited or a total fabrication.

So the people who lead the field -- who do the first-hand research, write it up, get it published -- don't really know what they're doing? Again, your total ignorance of what you're talking is manifest. History isn't some manner of repeating what other people tell you; it's a hands-on living field. What you're suggesting is almost literally impossible.

I never said they were the ones who scheme.

And a good thing, too, as it's clearly ridiculous.

As for this scientifc cover-up, i'm not saying all scientists and ayone in the field is part of it, in fact many are oblivious to it, but there are those who are part of it, some don't report anomalous objects and artifacts and keep them to themselves, because they know full well if they do it will be the last artifact they document, as they'll know longer be in a job. This is a fact, has happen multiple times. Read the book "Forbidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo. There are case documented in that book.
Though there is a blatant scientific filter that exists and still goes on to this very day, if an object doesn't fit right in with the so called accpeted hypothesis of history, it's violently rejected. This is also a fact.

Get ready for this: Cremo is a liar. It's that simple. It's in his interest to, so you'll go out and buy his books. So he can make royalties. Frankly, if your ideas about scientific cover-ups are as laughably ignorant as attempts at historical ones, it's not worth the effort to pick apart.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#22    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on Aug 15 2009, 06:53 PM, said:

Get ready for this: Cremo is a liar. It's that simple. It's in his interest to, so you'll go out and buy his books. So he can make royalties. Frankly, if your ideas about scientific cover-ups are as laughably ignorant as attempts at historical ones, it's not worth the effort to pick apart.

--Jaylemurph
Agreed, Cremo's science is so bad that he'd fail at GCSE level.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#23    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

I must admit, I never read Cremo´s book `Forbidden Archeology`, but after I saw him on YouTube, I don´t think I ever will....

#24    Hocus

Hocus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

- Albert Einstein

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

View PostAbramelin, on Aug 15 2009, 05:51 PM, said:

You talk about cranial capacity. But what is inside that enlarged skull? Just really big brains?

What if it is nothing but an (artificially) deformed skull, with brains and enlarged cerebral ventricles inside (meaning: extra brain fluid, like those suffering from hydrocephalus) caused by binding the head after birth?

Did anyone ever check the inside wall of those skulls?

No, not really big brains, just the natural space for really big brains. Bigger than human brains, in fact twice the capacity of a human skull.
If it was only a deformed skull with some abnormalities then why do we not hear about in text books or in any lessons and lectures? Why when you mention it to the so called experts, do they call it a hoax or tell you, you must be mistaken? Why do they refuse to examined them properly? Might it be that they're afraid of what the results might spell?
Never fear though....just turn on the filter. :innocent:

As far as i'm aware, there have been attempts to get them tested, but proper testing has been refused many times? WHY? Apparently the skulls are so clearly a hoax, there not worth testing. Ha, yeah right... if they were so sure it was a hoax they would have them tested long ago to make us look like fools and mainly to clear up the whole mystery, but instead they refuse to. Hmmmmm, i smell a certain filter.

Well, if you had clicked on that link in my former post you'd know why the Africans did it: because it was a sign of beauty and intelligence to have heads deformed like this.

Oh, and where did people get the idea to decorate their bodies with tattoos? From weird colored aliens perhaps??

Speaking for why the Africans did it, i'm not sure, but that explanation sounds feasible. Though the Egyptians did it because that's what the Sun God's looked like, and these Sun God's were intelligent and wise. And so the egyptians wanted to be like these Sun gods and hence bashed their skull into the shapes seen on certain skeletons and in certain wall carvings. Though my theory is that there's a common link somewhere, that goes way back in time, between all the skull mishaping from different cultures and religons
Who were these Sun God's? They certainly weren't human... that's for sure.
And i doubt they were making it up... it's totally absurd saying they just made it up, that that's the filter at work again, just because modern science is at a loss to explain it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Edited by Hocus, 15 August 2009 - 06:51 PM.

-Methodorus.

#25    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,410 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

I must confess *hangs head, blushes profusely* to having read Cremo's book. This act was committed some years ago in order to address questions generated by another reader of the book. Trust me, it is pure, unadulterated drivel. I spent a number of days jotting down refutation notes on each chapter. Could have written another book!

Cremo's work is not regarded as credible by any reputable researcher I am aware of.

As usual in these cases, the four websites presented have the combined credibility of one drunken gnat.

The attribution of the axes is a chuckle. Are they supposed to be bronze? The last vestiges of ancient Sumer had faded nearly 1,000 years before the introduction of bronze in that region. And of course the Olmec stone heads and the statues of Rameses II were produced on a 1:1 scale too.

#26    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

I wrote an article about Giant Skeletons some time ago. its sure is strange
Here it is.
Mysteries Of The Giant Skeletons

#27    Hocus

Hocus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

- Albert Einstein

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on Aug 15 2009, 06:53 PM, said:

Yes. Quite.

I can tell you with authority they don't. I can also tell you most instructors take it as point of honour not to let others dictate their syllabi or research, especially they older they get. I've certainly never got sealed orders from above telling me what I can and cannot teach.

So the people who lead the field -- who do the first-hand research, write it up, get it published -- don't really know what they're doing? Again, your total ignorance of what you're talking is manifest. History isn't some manner of repeating what other people tell you; it's a hands-on living field. What you're suggesting is almost literally impossible.

And a good thing, too, as it's clearly ridiculous.

--Jaylemurph

Jaylemurph, i'm not saying that you are involved or ever have been or even knows someone who has been. And i'm not saying that everything taught in a history college class are all total lies. The facts get twisted, manipulated and erased at a much higher level before it even reaches you guys. So, like i said, for the most part know one suspects a thing... why should they?
Why is Darwins theory of evolution taught in schools as fact, it's not a fact it's a theory. There's something seriously wrong with that straight away.

There clearly is a filter and people have lost jobs over making anomalous artifacts public knowledge. These are both facts.

Ok, that's fair enough..Cremo's a liar. Everyones entitled to their own opinions. Could you tell me how Cremo's a liar or prove to me how Cremo's a liar?

Or is he just a liar because what he believes is radically different to what you believe?

-Methodorus.

#28    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hocus said:

Speaking for why the Africans did it, i'm not sure, but that explanation sounds feasible. Though the Egyptians did it because that's what the Sun God's looked like, and these Sun God's were intelligent and wise. And so the egyptians wanted to be like these Sun gods and hence bashed their skull into the shapes seen on certain skeletons and in certain wall carvings. Though my theory is that there's a common link somewhere, that goes way back in time, between all the skull mishaping from different cultures and religons
Who were these Sun God's? They certainly weren't human... that's for sure.
And i doubt they were making it up... it's totally absurd saying they just made it up, that that's the filter at work again, just because modern science is at a loss to explain it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

People love to decorate their bodies, all over the world.

Have you ever checked the Papuans in New Guinea?? Why would they wear a bone in their nose, or a big shaft to support their private parts? Because they want to look like their gods who came down from heaven?

People just love to add things to their bodies and and change parts of their anatomy to be seen as special.

It's quite common that the heads of babies are misshaped after passing the narrow birth channel. People through the ages have noticed that, no doubt. But after a short time, the heads return to a normal shape. Well, it appears that many people from the past loved the way the heads of their newborns were shaped, and wanted their heads to stay that way, and so they binded the heads of their newborns to force their heads to change into the preferred shape.

You should have a talk with midwifes, and ask them how the skulls of some of the babies of their clients are shaped right after they are born.

Edited by Abramelin, 15 August 2009 - 07:10 PM.

#29    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

Man, it's just great being drunk and reading the posts on this site at the same time.

#30    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,410 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

1) I am a primary researcher. Who is manipulating the research I publish? It seems to get printed and distributed in the form in which it was submitted. And thus available to interested instructors in that form.

Please explain just who the "higher level" consists of and what their motivations are.

Cremo - How about we do it this way. One point at a time. You present one exact quote from Cremo (repeat exact) that you consider valid. It will then be addressed. This process can be repeated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users