Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It's a strange sight indeed - three sets of muddy footprints, one set looking like it belonged to a tiger, another like it was an elephant's and the last resembling a human's but much bigger in size.

http://www.thestar.c...tirees-puzzled/

As the footprints continue forward, they should become less distinct as mud is deposited on the road. I may be looking at the picture wrong, but it appears that all of the footprints are equally muddy. There is the possibility that Bigfoot has feet that are similar to an ink-filled rubber stamp, but I suspect a prankster has been at work here.

• Like 1

Forefoot matches up with Josh Gates' (Destination: Truth) plaster cast of 2006:

walh1j.jpg

source

Johor Malaysia Nature Society chairman Vincent Chow said he received news of the “Bigfoot” prints the day it occurred, adding that it was quite impossible to be a prank because the footprints went on for more than 1km.

“It could be an upright bipedal primate that has yet to be discovered,” he said, adding that there had been many sightings of these footprints, especially by the locals, but the authorities often did not take them seriously.

Note that Vincent Chow has faked Bigfoot evidence before - Johor Hominid Photos: Hoax!

• Like 2

As the footprints continue forward, they should become less distinct as mud is deposited on the road.

Not if the animals had to periodically veer off the road to avoid cars (note the mud along both sides of the road):

2hz20qw.jpg

State Wildlife and National Parks Department (Perhilitan) director Hasnan Yusop said a team of officers conducted checks on the footprints and concluded that they probably belonged to an elephant.

“This could be a sluggish elephant which dragged its feet as it walked, resulting in an elongated print,” he said.

Domesticated Asian elephants are used in the timber and construction industry as well as for tourism...

• Like 2

walh1j.jpg

I've always thought Gate's foot odd looking, a bit reptilian-bird-like. I'd like to see some theories as to the actual animal that could walk on such a foot. And what the actual foot would look like.

I would assume Josh Gate's and Crew every "destination" is well-known by locals, etc long before they arrive in a country. The villages they'll visit the people they'll talk to the paths they'll walk.

Have they ever shown the locals how to make plaster casts or collect evidence since these creatures are allegedly seen and known by them?

Does any monster hunter's curiosity extend one second after filming ends or after they fly home? Even after finding "evidence"?

I would think a quiet village in the jungle would be a perfect setting for spotting an elusive species, rather than crossing a highway in front of your car or stealing a dog from your urban backyard.

And not to forget the aforementioned (Cryptomundo) "Fund-Raising" aspect objects like this present.

Does it even match any other Malaysian (Wild Hairy Giant) footprints?

I think I can guess where FB will be heading this season. Chasing windmills and water lilies...

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

The 4 toe prints remind me of the foot of an Indian Rhino. Maybe a rhino ran down the road and it's tracks were overlapping?

Or maybe a juvenile elephant? Again with overlapping prints.

I do think the Johor Baru reserve has had reports of tall ape men. If I am remembering right. But these prints look way big even for a giant bigfoot type creature.

As the footprints continue forward, they should become less distinct as mud is deposited on the road. I may be looking at the picture wrong, but it appears that all of the footprints are equally muddy. There is the possibility that Bigfoot has feet that are similar to an ink-filled rubber stamp, but I suspect a prankster has been at work here.

The bottom of an elephants foot is often riddled with cracks and is very spongy. Mud could be deposited as footprints for quite some distance.

Rhino foot.

3281258981_85b49301ea_z.jpg

Elephant's foot.

elephants-foot.jpg

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Could it be elephants in a row (single file column) and by sheer coincidence a trailing smaller elephant in the column steps right behind the leading larger elephant(s) footprint because their gates a extremely similar malking a "footprint" that "looks" "human"(pareidolia(again)).

Edited by ancient astronaut

Whatever they are, the effect is interesting.

The 4 toe prints remind me of the foot of an Indian Rhino. Maybe a rhino ran down the road and it's tracks were overlapping?

I do think the Johor Baru reserve has had reports of tall ape men. If I am remembering right. But these prints look way big even for a giant bigfoot type creature.

The bottom of an elephants foot is often riddled with cracks and is very spongy. Mud could be deposited as footprints for quite some distance.

Rhino foot.

Elephant's foot.

I tthink you nailed this one, Overlap!

~Maximus

Rhino foot.

3281258981_85b49301ea_z.jpg

Elephant's foot.

elephants-foot.jpg

Yea, dont think so..

Yes, it is overlapping prints.

I mean from two different animals...

I wear 47 large . If i'll walk foot naked would i be a sask...:)?

Edited by qxcontinuum

Yes, it is overlapping prints.

I mean from two different animals...

Nope

Could it be elephants in a row (single file column) and by sheer coincidence a trailing smaller elephant in the column steps right behind the leading larger elephant(s) footprint because their gates a extremely similar malking a "footprint" that "looks" "human"(pareidolia(again)).

Yeah, cuz that would be the coincidence of all coincidences...a bunch of elephants walk for 1KM while exactly stepping in the same spots as the elephant in front of them. There must be another explanation, but this double footprint stuff is bogus.

http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/Malaysian_Bigfoot_Sightings_Near_Johor_Baru

Although fresh footprints with the distinctive four toes of the creature were found, "Bigfoot" remains elusive.

http://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/johorpixnix/

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/malaysianbf.htm

I'm not an expert but I believe elephants will often try to step into the prints made by the ones in front, this may have been two working elephants, not a herd. Still, I like the idea of a big foot style creature, just wish there was some genuine evidence.

• Like 1

Almost a kilometer long....? that's a stretch

Sounds fake to me, just for that reason. An earlier poster saw it that way, too. Those prints should get less and less obvious more quickly than that.

either bigfoot migrated, or its one sick-ill elephant

[media=]

[/media]

Its obviously elephants. Look how it walks. An elephants rear foot covers the same spot as its front foot did this is probably what gives the impression of a large foot print.. the picture is mud off an elephants foot. It probably rained there recently then the elephants came through. Simple.

post-23212-0-73920200-1401192209_thumb.j

• Like 3

[media=]

[/media]

Its obviously elephants. Look how it walks. An elephants rear foot covers the same spot as its front foot did this is probably what gives the impression of a large foot print.. the picture is mud off an elephants foot. It probably rained there recently then the elephants came through. Simple.

post-23212-0-73920200-1401192209_thumb.j

Good JOB!!! :nw::clap: