Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Inside the Islamic State

FLOMBIE

This feature gives a very informative inside view on the Islamic State, and on how they try to control and form people's life. I found it highly informative, and since a forum search didn't came up with any results, I thought I'd share it with you guys.

VICE News reporter Medyan Dairieh spent three weeks embedded with the Islamic State, gaining unprecedented access to the group in Iraq and Syria as the first and only journalist to document its inner workings.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 7

I can't watch the video right now but doesn't the Muslim religion in general control people's lives and thoughts. True ISIS is a extreme form of this but Saudi Arabia beheads people all the time for breaking Sharia law. In other Muslim countries they have no problem killing you for leaving the Muslim religion or a number of other things.

• Like 6

Every religion tries to control people's life and thoughts. That is the very basic of a religion.

This, however, shows the IS as a truly fascist state of the worst kind. Islamofascist, if you want to bring their reasoning in there.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 3

some religiens try to get you to control yourself. they give you guide lines to follow but it is up to you to or not to follow them.

• Like 3

That's the same thing, just in an indirect formulation.

"We don't want to control you, we want you to control yourself. Now listen to how you should do that." ;)

• Like 5

That's the same thing, just in an indirect formulation.

"We don't want to control you, we want you to control yourself. Now listen to how you should do that." ;)

True, but don't parents do the same thing? I wouldn't argue that they don't serve a good function in our (and other) cultures :) Sharia is a whole different kettle of fish.

don't know why but the video is not coming up on my browser so i can watch it. islam wants to control ever thing you do. it wants you on your knees asking mother may i. oops forgot mom is going to hell. question if all women are going to hell. how are all those who die in a holy war going to get 72 virgins when they get to heaven.

Please, I don't want this to become a "rant against Islam thread". This is about the fascist Islamic State.

• Like 6

how can it become anything but a rant against islam when you post a thread wxplainiongn how sharia law has to be implamented. any where that has sharia law the muslum has the right to kill any none muslum and rape any women he wants and kill if he wants.

any where that has sharia law the muslum has the right to kill any none muslum and rape any women he wants and kill if he wants.

reeeally?

lol

• Like 3

All I can see is the effects of bombardent of media against Islam

Well I watched the whole thing. I feel badly for those who will be living within the power of these men. And jeem, if THIS is Islam, then I would fight it to the end of my days. THIS that was shown in the video is just fascism under a religious banner. Nothing more.
  • Like 4

Every religion tries to control people's life and thoughts. That is the very basic of a religion.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

This, however, shows the IS as a truly fascist state of the worst kind. Islamofascist, if you want to bring their reasoning in there.

I see :--)

Like the Judeo/Christian and Zionist beliefs that formulate Holy Crusade after Holy Crusade, land thefts and religious cleansings is NOT Fascist?

You a funny guy ! :clap:

Say, Jeem... you don't suppose that is the control of people's minds that FLOMBIE refers to, do you?

Good eye, Jeem!! :tu:

Well I watched the whole thing. I feel badly for those who will be living within the power of these men. And jeem, if THIS is Islam, then I would fight it to the end of my days. THIS that was shown in the video is just fascism under a religious banner. Nothing more.

'And then', there are words of wisdom that can be shared there.

absolutely. Because propaganda by any other name is still propaganda

propaganda might be propaganda which this might be. but in this case it is also true propaganda. i was taught this when i was in school long before there was a declared war sort of on al quida in fact there was no alqida then.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

I see :--)

Like the Judeo/Christian and Zionist beliefs that formulate Holy Crusade after Holy Crusade, land thefts and religious cleansings is NOT Fascist?

You a funny guy ! :clap:

I'm a funny guy? I beg to differ: I am German. ;)

Why do you put words in my mouth, though? I didn't say anything about the marked part.

• Like 1

You are right, this is fascism. It is certainly NOT Islam. 99.9% of the world's Muslims are not like this at all. Fight the fascists. I got your back.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 2

I'm a funny guy? I beg to differ: I am German. ;)

Why do you put words in my mouth, though? I didn't say anything about the marked part.

All I was trying to say is, you pinpoint the Islamic extremists only, and what I am saying is, ALL the religious extremists are religious nutcakes, one just as bad as the other.

• Like 1

I didn't do that at all. I posted a video about the Islamic State, one very precise entity, which I deemed fascists, not religious extremists. You twist my words. My comments about religion were general and meant for all religions.

I don't like all kinds of extremists, not only the religious ones. But most of all, I hate fascists.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 5

You seem to be watching the wrong link. This is Islam, it's just not the bit you like and wish to promote.

• Like 5

All I was trying to say is, you pinpoint the Islamic extremists only, and what I am saying is, ALL the religious extremists are religious nutcakes, one just as bad as the other.

No you were not, you were picking on Flombie, Man Up and admit it Earl. Flombie already said the same thing back in post #3. Either you did not read the entire page and half that this thread consists of, or you are stirring the pot. And I honestly cannot see it being the former. Got anything to say about the clip posted which deals with the here and now? Just because you read something recently doesn't mean you can force it into a thread, you have been pushing this Zionist angle for several posts now, give up, if someone wants to discuss that with you they will, in the meantime show Flombie the respect you seem to expect.

• Like 2

You are right, this is fascism. It is certainly NOT Islam. 99.9% of the world's Muslims are not like this at all. Fight the fascists. I got your back.

I have posted this a couple of times over the last couple of weeks, but feel it is very appropriate for your thread, the video here called "joining the Fight" talks to several groups that represent the Muslim Faith, from Fundamentalists, to radicalised youth, to Imams, and the peaceful Muslims that attend Universities, and from what I can tell see Islam as an Intellectual battle. One of the great threats fundamentalist Islam presents today is radicalisation of Youth. In this interview we see damaged goods in the form of one young man going by the name Abu Bakr, and his twisted ideals of what ISIS and ISIL mean as well as many University Students who come from better backgrounds and debates his claims and ethics. We see a father losing his son to Radical Islam and an outline of how these fundamentalist groups work, that being in small movable Mosques as opposed to larger established ones that take the focus away from the real threat. And the main point which I feel is very much on topic here is about how radical Islam expects Australian Muslims to travel to Syria and Join the IS and fight alongside them. They feel if you are a Muslim that is where your duty lies and you should give your life for Allah if you are a real Muslim. And how they prey on youths from poor and broken homes giving them false goals and delusions of grandeur. As you say, they control lives, but for their own gain, not for Islam, not for Allah all that is a lousy excuse to rape pillage and plunder.

Anyway, almost a hour, but well worth the watch to see many faces of Islam in the same room. Personally I found it very informative.

LINK - Joining the Fight.

• Like 1

Thank you, psyche101, that is indeed a very informative debate. It also shows how shocked many Muslims are by what is happening in Syria and Iraq, and how strongly they oppose IS' fascist ideology.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 1