Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

12 year old facing murder charges

ShadowDancer

:o 23-year-old man and a 12-year-old girl are facing murder charges after three people were found dead in a home in Medicine Hat, Alta.

People in the neighbourhood are stunned following the weekend discovery. "For such a small town to have a triple murder, unbelievable," said Crystal O'Donnell.

Neighbours said the family had moved to Medicine Hat from Ontario about three years ago. Police said they were from Ottawa.

It was a neighbourhood boy who first noticed something wrong. On Sunday he came by to play with his friend and through a window saw someone lying on the floor.

Inside, police found three bodies: a middle-aged man, a middle-aged woman and a pre-teen boy. Neighbours say the boy is the couple's 10-year-old son.

- Police keeping hush -

Police are saying little about what happened. They won't say how the victims died or release their names.

They did say they were looking for a young girl and released both her name and picture to the media.

Then on Monday, police announced they had arrested two people: Jeremy Allan Steinke and the 12-year-old girl who cannot be named under provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

The two were arrested in Leader, just across the border in Saskatchewan, and have each been charged with three counts of first-degree murder.

The pair will be returned to Medicine Hat.

Police will not confirm if the 12-year-old is the same young girl they were looking for, though they do confirm that the girl they were seeking is "safe and out of danger," according to Sgt. Dave Townsend of Medicine Hat police.

Police will not say what the relationship between the two suspects is, other than they are acquaintances.

source

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• ShadowDancer

• Pax Unum

• Trix

It's sad children get caught up in things like this. I'm not saying the little girl is inocent, but there is a chance she was forced to do this. I don't know i just can't picture a twelve year old girl wanting to be a part of someting like that. But i guess stuff like this has happened before :hmm:

they are now saying the man is this girl's boyfriend.......

and they apparently were online buddies.

Another reason parents need to keep better eyes on their children. Man, this is scary.

i always though children were so pure and innocent :(

never underestimate our power :devil:

alien :)

:no:

How awful.

where were the girls parents? didn't they know she was friends, with a guy nearly twice her age? :unsure:

Edited by Pax Unum

I wonder if the guy convinced her to go along with his plan... :mellow:

I wonder if the guy convinced her to go along with his plan... :mellow:

since she was little more than a child, I'd guess, she probably was led astray by the 'adult'.... :unsure:

yeah, I really wonder who's idea it was first, if the girl had a 'kill fantasy' and he was glad to oblige, or if she just went along with his rampage.

either way it's sick.

Children have killed at younger ages than this. If I'm not mistaken there was a 9 or 10 year old female serial killer. Whether this girl was led "astray" or did this of her own volition, it is very sad. :hmm:

Well, I've heard that people from Alberta are kind of unstable. Oh..wait...

Tragic story. Odd that I didn't hear about it on the news.

Children have killed at younger ages than this. If I'm not mistaken there was a 9 or 10 year old female serial killer. Whether this girl was led "astray" or did this of her own volition, it is very sad. :hmm:

That was Mary Bell. :tu:

Linky

Wow. That's scary. I agree with you completely. The youth nowadays, is going astray.

Wow. That's scary. I agree with you completely. The youth nowadays, is going astray.

And the Mary Bell case was in the 1960's....

Children are five years ahead of their time.

never underestimate our power :devil:

:lol: We have no power over anything (and I mean ANYTHING) :(:cry: , even our

lives. I guess they were trying to prove me wrong but, well, you got to stop

trying. :hmm: No, seriously you should stop commiting murders youths.

It's a sin, and not only that, you have a long time to live, and you don't want to last

a lifetime in prison why'll years, and oppurtunittys go away.

Edited by strangebutsmart

i figured that much. :/

the world is losing its mind?

yep alien, never underestimate kids. we have a mob mind, where one kid (me) leads them all to take the world over.

but seriously, those parents SUCK!!! they didnt know there 12 year old was with a 24 year old? the parents should be charged with negligence and the kid dhould go to jail.