Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Phoenix Lights revisited

ufo alien phoenix

• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#1006    im2Sick

im2Sick

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

Ok, jus so everyone knows - what was witnessed was not flares !! I live outside of Prescott and my father witnessed the ship fly over our house in a fixed V formation . The ship was entirely silent as well. We live 80 miles North of Phoenix . The flares excuse is very redundant if you were someone who saw the UFO

#1007    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postim2Sick, on 16 March 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Ok, jus so everyone knows - what was witnessed was not flares !! I live outside of Prescott and my father witnessed the ship fly over our house in a fixed V formation . The ship was entirely silent as well. We live 80 miles North of Phoenix . The flares excuse is very redundant if you were someone who saw the UFO

I think any sensible rational person knows that to be true since the testimonies about the huge craft are very numerous.

Whether Governor Symington's testimomy sighting was legitimate or whether he was trying to realign himself with the locals he had previously alienated is up for debate.

Posted Image

#1008    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,702 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

If you live in the area then it should already be known to you that there were two separate incidents and only the later event (10PM over the Barry Goldwater Range) is said to have been flares. It is this confused jumble that mixes the two incidents together that is the last recourse of the believers. Most of them aren't even familiar with the sequence of events to begin with and couldn't be bothered to try and find out. That is where the 'V' formation and flares confusion comes from.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 18 March 2013 - 04:53 AM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#1009    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,800 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostTesla II, on 15 March 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Still interesting link pumper.. 16 years devoted to this... and it comes down to a military document saying the airbase had nothing to do with it... This really fits into unexplained mystery.

Is Dr. Lynne Kitei actually a doctor? Online it seems rather hard to determine, only brief statements concerning her career appear online yet not a thing about where she studied or the like. The biggest achievement seems to be TV medecine? Her Linkedin profile has some rather embarrassing typos in it too, check this out for a hearty chuckle:

Owner & CEO

Health Education Learning Programs

1985 – Present (28 years)

Internationally award winning prevention/education curricula dedicated to raising awareness of the reality of vital health issues for youth and adults. Just Say KNOW to AIDS, Just Say KNOW To Drugs, Teen Pregnancy... Children Having Children and Drugs Don't Make IT! are currently being distributed by Discovery Education.

LINK

LOL, Just say KNOW!

And there are definitive answers, some simply refuse to acknowledge that they exist.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#1010    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,800 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

S2F beat me to it, I was going to ask what event.

This is the problem with the Phoenix Blight. People make some half baked statement that means nothing, and those desperate will see it as a reason to keep believing. I appreciate that you believe your Dad, that's nice to have such a strong relationship, but that's about all I find convincing here.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#1011    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,800 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

View Postzoser, on 16 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I think any sensible rational person knows that to be true since the testimonies about the huge craft are very numerous.

And the testimonies conflict, so out the window goes that made up credibility. But I agree, any sensible person does know how to apply triangulation, and read the right logs.

View Postzoser, on 16 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Whether Governor Symington's testimomy sighting was legitimate or whether he was trying to realign himself with the locals he had previously alienated is up for debate.

Yes, the Government is not to be trusted unless they agree with woo woo, then they are to be trusted. Some logic you are using there.

Edited by psyche101, 18 March 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#1012    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 March 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

LOL, Just say KNOW!

Apparently these are the actual titles. Oy, so clever!

#1013    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,800 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 18 March 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Apparently these are the actual titles. Oy, so clever!

Just like some stupid hippy to mix up crap and make it even more confusing. She really is a card isn't she. The UFO phenomena seems to draw people like this like moths to a light. Funny thing is some people hold her nonsense up because of her Dr title. Dr Lier is a Podiatrist. and plays the same card to fleece the credulous.

#1014    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

UFOs over Arizona: Film event planned for ‘Phoenix lights’ anniversary

In the 1977 movie “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” the character of French researcher Claude Lacombe (based on Jacques Vallee), played by director and actor Francois Truffaut, tries to explain to a U.S. Army Special Forces officer why several civilians were brought to the secret temporary base at Devils Tower, Wyoming.

Lacombe says to the officer, “Major Walsh, it is an event sociologique." That is, it is a “sociological event” and the civilians are somehow part of it, Lacombe tells Walsh.

The same can be said about the situation in the mid-evening hours of March 13, 1997, in the Phoenix, Arizona, region. It also was, and is now, an “event sociologique.”

http://tvtranscend.b...nt-planned.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#1015    bendigger0

bendigger0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

years from now... There may be this announcement:  The so-called Phoenix Lights were actually a test of TOP SECRET illumination technology (a new type of flare).  At the time, this couldn't be revealed, because it was TOP SECRET.  ALL reports, photos, film, etc. of so-called UFO's are either clouds, birds, high-flying insects, weather-balloons, reflections, temperature inversions, swamp-gas, hallucinations, or mistaken identifications of the planet Venus.  Officially.

#1016    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,764 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:55 AM

Will somebody turn off the Black Light ITs drawing in all the UFO `s ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#1017    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,800 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

View Postbendigger0, on 11 March 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

years from now... There may be this announcement:  The so-called Phoenix Lights were actually a test of TOP SECRET illumination technology (a new type of flare).  At the time, this couldn't be revealed, because it was TOP SECRET.  ALL reports, photos, film, etc. of so-called UFO's are either clouds, birds, high-flying insects, weather-balloons, reflections, temperature inversions, swamp-gas, hallucinations, or mistaken identifications of the planet Venus.  Officially.

It really bothers you that the mundane actually does explain that which you have personally attributed the fantastic to doesn't it.

You do not come of as valiant you know...... rather different to that. You make the worst posts. All they do is complain that "people don't believe you" and whine a lot. Do you ever bring anything to a conversation, or is that "not your thing"?

Not sure why you try to attack thinking processes, if thinking is not your bag you should not be upset with others for doing it. There are plenty of woo sites where you can pat each other on the back and pretend you have the secret to this mystery, why bother coming here where intelligent people offer sound possible solutions to conundrums? What do you get out of being the sooky kid crying on the corner?

#1018    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

On Friday night March 7, 2014, with great anticipation, my wife and I watched a new program, entitled, Close Encounters, yet another series (amongst many gracing the airwaves lately) delving into the UFO subject matter. The show is produced by a relatively new company out of Canada, called Newroad Media; they herald the production as “each episode . . . reveals the most intriguing and convincing UFO stories on the planet.” The show premiered in Canada a few months ago on Discovery Canada and here in the U.S. via the Science Channel on the 4th (March 2014).

Although intrigued by the UFO topic in general, as regular readers know, being eyewitnesses to what has (erroneously) become known as “The Phoenix Lights,” we were most eager to take in the segment, Arizona Objects dedicated to those events in this second episode. Being aware that my good friend Larry Lowe had traveled to Canada to meet with the producers and consult on and in part, narrate said segment, only augmented our enthusiasm.

http://www.theufochr...cts-review.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#1019    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Mainstream Media, Misinformation & The Infamous Flare Videos | 17th Anniversary of The Phoenix Lights
Editor's Note: March 13th, 1997 marked the 17th anniversary of what has been erroneously labeled, “The Phoenix Lights.” The misleading title pales in comparison to the ongoing misinformation and subterfuge being doled out by the mainstream media to this day.

Beginning the next day (March 14, 1997) local news stations aired interviews with UFO witnesses of the eight o’clock hour, all the while interlacing the flare-drop videos during the respective segments. Given that the story had just broke and information was pouring in, the obfuscation then was understandable; however, post-investigation(s), which included scientific analysis (on more then one occasion), along with an official admission from Capt. Drew Sullins, of the Maryland Air National Guard (MANG) and some of his crew who participated in the flare-drop, to continue to publish this erroneous information (as seen below) is simply beyond contempt and egregious example of sloppy journalism–FW

PHOENIX (CBS5) - It is the most famous so-called UFO sighting in the world. "The Phoenix Lights" captured the world's attention 17 years ago on March 13, 1997.

Every year new witnesses come forward to tell the story they kept to themselves all those years. One man who still wants to remain anonymous told CBS 5 News he was working on his roof air conditioner around 8 p.m. that evening when he saw it. He said he never told anyone outside his family until this year. . . .

http://www.theufochr...nformation.html

#1020    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,635 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

My name is Scott Petrie and I was not just a witness of the "Phoenix Lights" event, but was "hooted out" (for lack of a better phrase) by THEM twice. The first time was the night of the "mass sighting" on March 13th 1997.

I was born here in Arizona (Mesa), as was my father. My great-grandfather was Mesa's first Sheriff/Fire Chief/Mortician; I'm now 53 years old, having lived in Tempe (which is sandwiched between Mesa and Phoenix) for the past 30 years. I've been working for SRP for over 25 years now, which is the supplier of water and electricity here in the Phoenix metro area; I went to bible collage up in Colorado and got a degree in biblical studies after high school and went to work for Campus Crusade for Christ International.
I was assigned to work with Illusionist "Andre Kole" who also lived here in Tempe. Andre has traveled the world with his full stage productions since the mid 60's and still does to this day. He is one of the most credible debunkers in the world today and his 2-hour long stage performances show the audience how easy it is to fool even the smartest people.

http://www.theufochr...ublic-17th.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users