Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apollo 11 post-flight press conference

SolarPlexus

Hey guys! you’ve just went to the moon!

What’s going on? Cheer up!

Three astronauts who just came back from the god damned Moon for the first time (!), instead of being ecstatic and smiling, look like they are on a funeral clutching their hands together or like they shat in their pants.

This is what happens when you threaten people, and make them walk a thin line between saying enough and not saying too much. "For the good of your country" ofcourse! We all have are orders son!

And lastly let me say this - I dont think Apollo 11 was a hoax... I think man was definitely on the Moon... but these people are obviously being threatened and forced to hide something they witnessed during the mission. Armstrong at 0:35 ?? Come on!

Edited by SolarPlexus

Hey guys! you’ve just went to the moon!

What’s going on? Cheer up!

Three astronauts who just came back from the god damned Moon for the first time (!), instead of being ecstatic and smiling, look like they are on a funeral clutching their hands together or like they shat in their pants.

What's going on is that they just completed the mission of their lifetimes.

They'd been sequestered from the planet for nearly a month, Had been in continual debriefings since their return and all through their quarantine, we're being primed to take a month and a half long trip around the world, something none of them relished at all, had been the subject of intense media scrutiny, something they also did not like, and were now sitting in front of hundreds of them, three engineers giving a presentation of what they had just done.

Neil Armstrong was particularly bashful, and had never been known as the type of person who was comfortable in such situations.

This was the part of the mission that they did not look forward to in the least...the beginning of world wide media and public exposure. They merely did their jobs, and presented the facts and some impressions.

That's all you're seeing there.

Because you think they should have expressed ecstacy does not mean that men who are not given to free expression of emotion should simply behave as you think they should.

They didn't like it, but they did it, as professionals. Because they didn't stand up there beating their chests declaring that they were first on the Moon means nothing, save that they weren't those kind of people...especially Commander Armstromng, who was spokesman for the crew.

This is what happens when you threaten people, and make them walk a thin line between saying enough and not saying too much. "For the good of your country" ofcourse! We all have are orders son!

What they had was an obligation: to appear in public as ambassadors of the United States and of NASA. Making up nonsense about threats they may have received because they do not behave like they just won the Super Bowl is ridiculous. And false.

And lastly let me say this - I dont think Apollo 11 was a hoax... I think man was definitely on the Moon... but these people are obviously being threatened and forced to hide something they witnessed during the mission. Armstrong at 0:35 ?? Come on!

Prove that, please.

What in hades did they see on the Moon that no one was supposed to know about, and that their hundreds of detailed photographs and hours of live comments not reveal?

What is exactly that you thought they seen on the moon that they are hiding?

Apollo 11, July 1969

Supposedly two UFO's hovered overhead as Armstrong prepared to step down the ladder of the LEM at the Sea of Tranquility.

ufo-armstrong.jpg

Aldrin is reported to have taken several pictures of them.

ufo-armstrong3.jpgufo-armstrong4.jpg

Also, during the broadcast of this historic event on the Canadian network coverage, they were discussing at some point a light which kept appearing while the astronauts were actually on the surface. Timothy Good writes that HAM radio operators receiving the VHF signals directly picked up the following message before it was screened by NASA from the public.

Mission Control:
What's there ? Mission Control calling Apollo 11.

Apollo 11:
These babies are huge, sir ... enormous....Oh, God, you wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other space craft out there...

lined up on the far side of the crater edge... they're on the moon watching us.

During this transmission two minutes of silence occurred in which the image and sound were interrupted. NASA insisted that this problem was the result of one of the television cameras which had overheated.

Also, here is an excerpt from the transcript of the Apollo 11 technical debriefing;

Aldrin:
The first unusual thing that we saw I guess was one day out or something pretty close to the moon. It had a sizeable dimension to it, so we put the monocular on it.

Collins:
How'd we see this thing ? Did we just look out the window and there it was.

Aldrin:
Yes, and we weren't sure but what it might be the S-IVB. We called the ground and were told the S-IVB was 6,000 miles away. We had a problem with the high gain about this time, didn't we ?

Collins:
There was something. We felt a bump or maybe I just imagined it.

Armstrong:
He was wondering whether the MESA had come off.

Collins:
I don't guess we felt anything.

Aldrin:
Of course, we were seeing all sorts of little objects going by at the various dumps and then we happened to see this one brighter object going by. We couldn't think of anything else it could be other than the S-IVB. We looked at it through the monocular and it seemed to have a bit of an L shape to it.

Armstrong:
Like an open suitcase.

Aldrin:
We were in PTC at the time so each of us had a chance to take a look at this and it certainly seemed to be within our vicinity and of a very sizeable dimension.

Armstrong:
We should say it was right at the limit of the resolution of the eye. It was very difficult to tell what shape it was. And there was no way to tell the size without knowing the range or the range without knowing the size.

Aldrin:
So then I got down in the LEB and started looking for it in the optics. We were grossly misled because with the sextant off focus what we saw appeared to be a cylinder.

Armstrong:
Or really two rings.

Aldrin:
Yes.

Armstrong:
Two rings. Two connected rings.

Aldrin:
Yes.

Collins:
No, it looked like a hollow cylinder to me. It didn't look like two connected rings. You could see this thing tumbling and, when it came around end-on, you could look right down in it's guts. It was a hollow cylinder. But then you could change the focus on the sextant and it would be replaced by this open book shape. It was really weird.

Aldrin:
I guess there's not too much more to say about it other than it wasn't a cylinder.

Collins:
It was during the period when we thought it was a cylinder that we inquired about the S-IVB and we'd almost convinced ourselves that's what it had to be. But we don't have any more conclusions than that really. The fact that we didn't see it much past this one period --- we really don't have a conclusion as to what it might have been, how big it was, or how far away it was. It was something that wasn't part of the urine dump, we're pretty sure of that.

ufo-aldrin.jpg

Also, in his book "RETURN TO EARTH" Colonel Edwin E. Aldrin Jr. writes the following on pages 223-224;

In the middle of one evening, Houston time, I found myself idly staring out the window of the Columbia and saw something that looked a bit unusual. It appeared brighter than any star and not quite the pinpoints of light that stars are. I pointed this out to Mike and Neil, and the three of us were beset with curiosity. With the help of the monocular we guessed that whatever it was, it was only a hundred or so miles away. Looking at it through our sextant we found it occasionaly formed a cylinder, but when the sextant's focus was adjusted it had a sort of illuminated "L" look to it. It had a shape of some sort -- we all agreed on that -- but exactly what it was we couldnt pin down. We asked Houston some casual questions: "How far away is the Saturn third stage?" The response was in the vicinity of six thousand miles. That wasn't it...

ufo-armstrong2.jpgufo-armstrong5.jpg

(link)

What's going on is that they just completed the mission of their lifetimes.

Exactly. But instead... they look like someone who took 10 strikes from a whip XD

That's all you're seeing there.

Nothing to see here citizen move along now smiley-cop.gif

Damn that is crazy man. How old are you out of curiosity? I am shocked after reading all of that. There is no doubt in mind that there is another form of life out there at all.

Part of the problem, as I see it at any rate, is that the younger generation of today have "idols"...

They have NBA players that put showmanship and "shock value" (for lack of a better term) at almost the same level as the skill they have in their sport.

They have NFL players doing little dances and other celebrations in the end zone after a TD.

They have movie stars and recording artists making public spectacles of themselves, hamming it up for the media and whatnot.

The basic similarity through all these public figuers is that they come off as larger than life.

Then they look back 40 years, to a time when this type of media and attention whoring wasn't nearly the norm that it is today. They see three professional, ex-military, ex-test pilot, scientist slash engineers who have come back from the journey of a lifetime and the expectation of these younger people is that they should be acting like the "idols" of today.

What they see, however are 3 guys who are calm and sedate, perhaps even reserved and uncomfortable, being thrust into the media spotlight (and for good reason, of course).

We live in a world today where our opinions are delivered to (most of) us by the Media and public buffoonery by our public figures is the norm, and in a lot of case, is what defines their "idol" status. So when some of these younger people (and some older people, too... wouldn't want to be accused of being completely "ageist") see someone who is not acting the way that the "idols" of today act, they form the opinion that "something must be wrong here". They simply can't understand why Neil, Buzz and Mike weren't out there fist-bumping each other, pouring champagne over each other and dancing on the table at the press conference.

In essence, they're comparing apples to rutabagas...

Cz

I doubt anyone viewing the footage posted expects to see these astronauts fist bumping each other or behaving in a manner bearing resemblance to that of celebrity sports figures or entertainers. For having just come back from the moon they seem pretty mundane, but that could be for any number of reasons - it doesn't mean they witnessed anything they were ordered not to discuss.

Having said that, they do look like three men fearing they are about to be put on trial rather than three men who have just come back from their journey to the moon with information they are about to share with their audience. All three look a bit apprehensive.

Is the photo labeled "Cigar-shaped object in crater taken by Neil Armstrong" legit? I have seen that image before, but thought it was phony.

The comments from all three men about the L-shaped, cylindrical object they observed sounds interesting. The message Timothy Good claims HAM radio operators directly received via VHF signals prior to being screened by NASA to the public is astonishing, although it's hard to put much behind it if it can't be verified in some way.

Edited by -Sliver-

Cigar-shaped object? I call shenanigans.

Lets have the image ID number, please. All NASA images have them.

I doubt anyone viewing the footage posted expects to see these astronauts fist bumping each other or behaving in a manner bearing resemblance to that of celebrity sports figures or entertainers. For having just come back from the moon they seem pretty mundane, but that could be for any number of reasons - it doesn't mean they witnessed anything they were ordered not to discuss.

Having said that, they do look like three men fearing they are about to be put on trial rather than three men who have just come back from their journey to the moon with information they are about to share with their audience. All three look a bit apprehensive.

Is the photo labeled "Cigar-shaped object in crater taken by Neil Armstrong" legit? I have seen that image before, but thought it was phony.

The comments from all three men about the L-shaped, cylindrical object they observed sounds interesting. The message Timothy Good claims HAM radio operators directly received via VHF signals prior to being screened by NASA to the public is astonishing, although it's hard to put much behind it if it can't be verified in some way.

Hi Broken Arrow :) check out this web page http://ronrecord.com/astronauts/

Note to self:

Next time you try to fool the world, select better actors.

hehehe :)

SolarPlexus,

I found your post with the "UFO" images in them very interesting. Would you happen to know what the original photographs' IDs are?

Lets have the image ID number, please. All NASA images have them.

SolarPlexus,

I found your post with the "UFO" images in them very interesting. Would you happen to know what the original photographs' IDs are?

No idea. I wouldnt know where to start :)

Modern People magazine published what they claim to be some of these photographs in their June 1975 issue. They claim to have gotten the pictures from a Japanese source.

Edited by SolarPlexus

Entertaining the idea that some of the commentators/posters in this particular thread are mundane idolaters subscribers of

current popular culture, "fills me with the urge to defecate," as The Judge would say during The Infamous Trial. (And no, P.K. is not "popsicle" culture.)

I have never been to the moon. But after reading, studying, listening, and observing visual, audio, and textual media about the Apollo missions with

common sense, reason, and logic, and most importantly with an opened mind, the current dynamic conclusion is that something extraordinary happened and/or

became known and/or was confirmed during the "trip" to the moon. And everybody is free to interpret that "something" equal to their determined state of mind.

I leave now with a quote from Buddha (and then one from Steve Jobs). (And again, no- Big B is/was not a "god", nor a pop-culture mental toy, but rather

a free thinker, an abnormal thinker, an independent from any dogma. And humanly, he was just a dude like you and I.)

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.

Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.

Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.

Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.

But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and

is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." - Buddha

"Stay hungry. Stay foolish" - S.J.

John

☼♥☼

Entertaining the idea that some of the commentators/posters in this particular thread are mundane idolaters subscribers of

current popular culture, "fills me with the urge to defecate," as The Judge would say during The Infamous Trial. (And no, P.K. is not "popsicle" culture.)

You're entitled to you opinions, and bodily function urges, just as I am...

I have never been to the moon. But after reading, studying, listening, and observing visual, audio, and textual media about the Apollo missions with

common sense, reason, and logic, and most importantly with an opened mind, the current dynamic conclusion is that something extraordinary happened and/or

became known and/or was confirmed during the "trip" to the moon. And everybody is free to interpret that "something" equal to their determined state of mind.

It would certainly be entertaining interesting to see this evidence that has led you to this conclusion.

Cz

Dont want to step on anyones toes but all I see is three very tired and beleagured men who done the most awsome job that mankind has ever known,

You're entitled to you opinions, and bodily function urges, just as I am...

Rightly so, Sir. Now you are coming ... ☼

It would certainly be entertaining interesting to see this evidence that has led you to this conclusion.

Cz

Anyone can see, my friend. That is just the easy part.

In all sense, the proverbial teaching from Big B, "When the Student is ready the Teacher will appear," applies to

all infinite knowledge, which it is only recognized and adapted through mental evolution.

By the way, when I expressed, "Entertaining the idea that some of the commentators/posters in this..." it was mean to

refer to the concept of, and not at any Being, for my only intention to Anyone is that of AGAPE. Therefore, apology for not being cleared comes from this very

humble writer.

Thank you, and Peace ♥

John

Exactly. But instead... they look like someone who took 10 strikes from a whip XD

Did you read the post I made?

They look like exactly who they were, which has been explained to you in detail by several posters.

There is indeed nothing to see there, save what has been described.

Time to move on.

Dont want to step on anyones toes but all I see is three very tired and beleagured men who done the most awsome job that mankind has ever known,

Uh well i guess it's remotely possible that you have 3 very tired and overworked technical types who don’t like the limelight?

But still... Armstrong on 0:35?? Look at his lips! You can tell that he is forced to choose his words!

There is indeed nothing to see there, save what has been described.

Time to move on.

You are free to move on ofcourse :)

SolarPlexus, I am slightly disappointed that having been told by a senior moderator (that would be me) that the correct place to discuss claims of extraterrestrial encounters during the Apollo mission was in the Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon forum...

I started this thread primarily to discuss the 'symptoms' of a conspiracy in this video in specific :) and not claims of extraterrestrial encounters during the Apollo mission. If youre refering to post #4, i was just answering to the person in post #2 :)

But still... Armstrong on 0:35?? Look at his lips! You can tell that he is forced to choose his words!

your opinion of what is being seen is in no way any form of evidence of what you are claiming.

Please tell what training / experience you have in human behaviour studies or psychology or any other related field that allow you to proclaim your opinion as fact.

Alternately, please present any other valid evidence you have that supports your "he is being forced to choose his words" theory.

Cz

Apollo 11, July 1969

Supposedly two UFO's hovered overhead as Armstrong prepared to step down the ladder of the LEM at the Sea of Tranquility.

ufo-armstrong.jpg

That's it?

This picture is of Apollo 11?

Where'd those mountains come from, in the lunar Maria?

(It's a false image...)

Aldrin is reported to have taken several pictures of them.

ufo-armstrong3.jpgufo-armstrong4.jpg

Who reported that, and what photos are those?

Also, during the broadcast of this historic event on the Canadian network coverage, they were discussing at some point a light which kept appearing while the astronauts were actually on the surface. Timothy Good writes that HAM radio operators receiving the VHF signals directly picked up the following message before it was screened by NASA from the public.

During this transmission two minutes of silence occurred in which the image and sound were interrupted. NASA insisted that this problem was the result of one of the television cameras which had overheated.

:blush: ...embarrasing.

There was only 1 television camera. It operated that evening for around 5 hours non-stop. It never "overheated", and it never failed.

And why would "Canadian" networks, which received the same feeds that NASA provided to the world, have seen, or heard something that was never received, nor recorded on any of the voice loops or video tapes from that day?

HAM radio operators received S-BAND antenna COMM signals from the Moon?

You do realize that this silly issue has been previously and completely trashed, no?

Also, here is an excerpt from the transcript of the Apollo 11 technical debriefing;

ufo-aldrin.jpg

Where's that trasncipt?

What I see is a photo that never existed, a full frontal shot of Neil Armstrong on the lunar surface...

Also, in his book "RETURN TO EARTH" Colonel Edwin E. Aldrin Jr. writes the following on pages 223-224;

ufo-armstrong2.jpgufo-armstrong5.jpg

What did he write?

What I see are a couple of unidentified photos showing objects.

Care to try this again?

You are free to move on ofcourse :)

And you are free to sit there and argue if you wish, and lose terribly.

If you want to be smart with me, ignore the corpus of an entire post addressed to yhou and make a silly comment, I will be more than happy to hand you your head on a platter. You're choice.

There was nothing in the press conference that shows anything but three men reticent to be in the limelight, and being thrust into it. That is all, absolutely.

If you have questions, ask them here.

If you want to be cute and get smart with me, you'll be in for a frustrating encounter.

Your call.

Now, what are you here for?

Edited by MID

I started this thread primarily to discuss the 'symptoms' of a conspiracy in this video in specific :) and not claims of extraterrestrial encounters during the Apollo mission. If youre refering to post #4, i was just answering to the person in post #2 :)

You appear to have started this discussion (the thread was started long ago) in order to speculate, without foundation, upon your illusion of "symptoms" of "conspiracy" in this specific video.

So far, you have speculated wildly, and proven nothing, and posted nonsense, and incomplete nonsense at that...regarding UFOs observed on the Moon (there were none), as well as ridiculous notions about HAM radio operators hearing conversations that never took place...

There was no conspiracy involved, in any way, with Apollo.

your opinion of what is being seen is in no way any form of evidence of what you are claiming.

Please tell what training / experience you have in human behaviour studies or psychology or any other related field that allow you to proclaim your opinion as fact.

Alternately, please present any other valid evidence you have that supports your "he is being forced to choose his words" theory.

Cz

Uh.... this is not an academic debate and i dont feel any pressure for proof.... I just posted the video so people can see it, and so we can exchange viewpoints without pressure :)

If you want to be smart with me, ignore the corpus of an entire post addressed to yhou and make a silly comment, I will be more than happy to hand you your head on a platter. You're choice.

If you want to be cute and get smart with me, you'll be in for a frustrating encounter.

Your call.

Im not sure what you mean with these statements? :)

There was no conspiracy involved, in any way, with Apollo.

Ok no problem :)