Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Islamic inscription on O's ring

F3SS

A World Net Daily (WND) report alleging that a ring President Barack Obama wears on his left hand includes the Islamic and Arabic phrase, “There is no God but Allah,” has been making its way across social media and the blogosphere.

The article cites an Obama critic and an Islamic scholar as sources and claims that the president has been wearing the ring, which apparently now doubles as his wedding band, for the past 30 years. We’ll let WND describe the scenario to you in the outlet’s own words:

As a student at Harvard Law School, then-bachelor Barack Obama’s practice of wearing a gold band on his wedding-ring finger puzzled his colleagues.

Now, newly published photographs of Obama from the 1980s show that the ring Obama wore on his wedding-ring finger as an unmarried student is the same ring Michelle Robinson put on his finger at the couple’s wedding ceremony in 1992.

Moreover, according to Arabic-language and Islamic experts, the ring Obama has been wearing for more than 30 years is adorned with the first part of the Islamic declaration of faith, the Shahada: “There is no god except Allah.”

Some critics will likely seize upon this article to claim that Obama is a Muslim and that this is the proof that’s needed to out his purportedly secretly-held faith. After all, the alleged phrase that some claim is in the ring’s design is part of the shahada, the First Pillar of Islam and the declaration of belief that adherents must accept in order to be counted as Muslims.

More here... http://www.theblaze.com/stories/does-obamas-mystery-ring-really-have-there-is-no-god-except-allah-inscribed-in-arabic/

I'm not much of a conspiracist but what is the deal with this guy? He bows to the Saudis, apologizes to everyone for us, blames an American before he blames al Qaeda for this dead ambassador debacle, tells the UN the future must not belong to those who defame Islam instead of telling them the future will not belong to those who kill Americans and that nobody gives a hoot how offensive they find our free speech, once said the most beautiful sound in the world is the Islamic prayer hymns or whatever they're called, his wife called Kenya his homeland, he invites the Muslim brotherhood into our Whitehouse, he hates Israel, his father was a radical Muslim with a distaste for America and his middle name is HUSSEIN!!!!!!

If that all doesn't fit a profile then what does? He's been wearing this ring forever and it must have deep roots and meaning to him. What devout Christian wears Islamic anything on his person everyday of his life. I almost don't even care what it means. I just want this burden removed from our Oval Office. He has not one iota of Americana running through his veins. Apple pie he is not.

Anyway, just a frustrating rant. What do you all think? The article of course, not me. I couldn't ask such a loaded question on a family friendly site!

I don't understand why no one gives a **** that Obama is most likely not even an american citizen. Fake birthcertificate, fake SS#, indonesion citizen when a child, has referred to Kenya as the land of his birth, WTF?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/weddingring.asp

I don't understand why no one gives a **** that Obama is most likely not even an american citizen. Fake birthcertificate, fake SS#, indonesion citizen when a child, has referred to Kenya as the land of his birth, WTF?

Because anyone who has investigated such claims have found them to be baseless.

This crap belongs in the Conspiracy section.

• Like 7

Anyone born to an American citizen is an American citizen. Nonstarter since his mother is an American.

• Like 1

Yea, I forgot about all that. You know, the real slap in the face is that this islam sympathizer with his seedy background was elected just seven years after 9-11. He was never vetted or scrutinized they way he should've been and so many people didn't care to vote for anything other than making history or not being labeled racist for not voting for him. Electing this man was one of the most poorly unthoughtfull collective decisions made in American history.

• Like 2

Anyone born to an American citizen is an American citizen. Nonstarter since his mother is an American.

No you are a citizen of the country you are born in. Hence the reason for illegals having "anchor babies". If your folks went to France for a year and had you while there you'd be French, not American. Assuming your parents didn't take the proper steps when you were an infant and get your citizenship, an instance like that would make your application for us citizenship easier than a straight up foreigners would.

• Like 1

For persons born between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true (except if born out-of-wedlock)[8]:

• The person's parents were married at the time of birth
  • One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person was born
  • The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child's birth;
  • A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_nationality_law#Through_birth_abroad_to_United_States_citizens

But of course I suspect since you already think, derp, he weren't born in no state of the union, that none of these apply because his mother was probably not married, probably not a US citizen, never touched American soil, or some other excuse to make sure he's ineligible because, well darnit, it's scary to have someone so different in the White House.

• Like 5

Well that high res picture on snopes looks like a bunch of nothing. Seems I've been misled. However, that doesn't change anything else I said about what he's done or what I think. I still say O's got to go!

For persons born between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true (except if born out-of-wedlock)[8]:

• The person's parents were married at the time of birth
  • One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person was born
  • The citizen parent lived at least ten years in the United States before the child's birth;
  • A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_nationality_law#Through_birth_abroad_to_United_States_citizens

But of course I suspect since you already think, derp, he weren't born in no state of the union, that none of these apply because his mother was probably not married, probably not a US citizen, never touched American soil, or some other excuse to make sure he's ineligible because, well darnit, it's scary to have someone so different in the White House.

Sorry missy, that's not what I think. I never got too caught up in the birther thing and I don't speak redneck so save it for somebody who does.

Edited by Is it for real

No you are a citizen of the country you are born in. Hence the reason for illegals having "anchor babies". If your folks went to France for a year and had you while there you'd be French, not American. Assuming your parents didn't take the proper steps when you were an infant and get your citizenship, an instance like that would make your application for us citizenship easier than a straight up foreigners would.

Actually that's just in America, so your argument is not based in accuracy. However Hasina is not correct either. Born to an American and a foriegn national on foreign soil certain paperwork needs to be done to naturalize that child which was not done in the case of Barack, qualifying that with according to theorists.

Adding his father was never a citizen or legal resident.

Edited by OverSword

And yes it is scary to have someone so different in the Whitehouse. Gary Johnson, fundamental restoration different is good. Shady guy, fundamental transformation different is bad.

Actually that's just in America, so your argument is not based in accuracy. However Hasina is not correct either. Born to an American and a foriegn national on foreign soil certain paperwork needs to be done to naturalize that child which was not done in the case of Barack, qualifying that with according to theorists.

Adding his father was never a citizen or legal resident.

Well hey this is the Internet. What fun are facts? Jk, misleading is never my intent.

So back on topic.

About the ring....Proof please.

I think my thread bombed already. Check out the snopes link from supervike above.

I think my thread bombed already. Check out the snopes link from supervike above.

OK then how about this. Where's the picture of Roy??? Your avatar's missing.

I think he got elected because people were tired of war and a bad economy. He said all the right things but did little of what was expected. He now has a record. If he gets re elected then America deserves everything he can spew onto us. I think the real irony is that even his base will hate him within a couple years because the economy is headed for a crash that will hurt them more than anyone else.

• Like 1

I think he got elected because the talking picture box told people to vote for him and people will do whatever the talking picture box tells them to do.

• Like 7

OK then how about this. Where's the picture of Roy??? Your avatar's missing.

Hmm... I don't know. Maybe the secret service has snatched him from his grave for questioning his association with the likes of me. Thanks, I didn't even notice.

I think he got elected because the talking picture box told people to vote for him and people will do whatever the talking picture box tells them to do.

Say whatever you will Mr. OverSword, but don't be sullying the good name the talking picture box. I'll not stand for it!

Edited by supervike

Want to know a little secret? The President does not need to be a specific faith to be eligible for office. Why does it matter if he is Muslim, Christian, Asatru, Atheist, etc?

Edited by veledran
  • Like 2

Want to know a little secret? The President does not need to be a specific faith to be eligible for office. Why does it matter if he is Muslim, Christian, Asatru, Atheist, etc?

Because we have an expectation that the officeholder will at least be honest about it? Because Islam is at direct confrontation with all the West holds dear?
  • Like 1

http://www.snopes.co...weddingring.asp

Because anyone who has investigated such claims have found them to be baseless.

This crap belongs in the Conspiracy section.

As much as I am not an Obama fan...Go Romney/Ryan 2012...SuperVike is correct...this is just silly! I found the same article that snopes did before I even saw the snopes that supervike posted. Google is there people...use it!

Obama Conspiracy Theories

obamasarabicring_zpsb630dba6.png

obamasring_zpsf54d0ec6.jpg

• Like 1

As much as I am not an Obama fan...Go Romney/Ryan 2012...SuperVike is correct...this is just silly! I found the same article that snopes did before I even saw the snopes that supervike posted. Google is there people...use it!

Just to be clear, if you didn't see above, I remain humbled by snopes. I should've known better. All my other opinions stand though.

• Like 1

Because we have an expectation that the officeholder will at least be honest about it? Because Islam is at direct confrontation with all the West holds dear?

Why do they need to talk about their beliefs?

I would say that many religions might be a direct confrontation, if you go strictly by religious texts. This includes Judaism and Christianity, unless slavery and murder are examples of things that the West holds dear.