Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mental powers

MR.Blueprint

I believe humans have mental powers

we can communicate with ourselves without making a sound or hearing a sound

when we dream our brains can also create a world that we feel is real until we wake up

we also have deja vue a quick glimpse of the future

these are all case of our mental powers

They may be "mental powers", but they are also easily explained by science.

I've never heard of a case of Deja Vue actually predicting the future. By definition it is the feeling of recognizing a situation from an earlier thought/dream/impression. But it is only a feeling as far as I know.

• Like 2

I wish mental arithmetic was still one of my mental powers. It seems to have been lost along the way :(

They may be "mental powers", but they are also easily explained by science.

I've never heard of a case of Deja Vue actually predicting the future. By definition it is the feeling of recognizing a situation from an earlier thought/dream/impression. But it is only a feeling as far as I know.

all my deja vues were from dream ive had way before hand and i know this for a fact

because i always take note of my dreams

usually my deja vue occur 2 o 3 years after the dream of it

when we dream our brains can also create a world that we feel is real until we wake up

these are all case of our mental powers

Yes I agree. However as a culture, we do not know about that subject as much as we could.

There are books which can help, if you are inclined to evaluate them.

John

all my deja vues were from dream ive had way before hand and i know this for a fact

because i always take note of my dreams

usually my deja vue occur 2 o 3 years after the dream of it

But, do you recognize those dreams as prophetic/deja-vu before that deja-vu moment, or not till it happens and you recognize it?

Even if you did dream a similar event/experience, your writing it down probably queues your brain to try to match up that with something in real life, even if it is not a complete match... and that triggers the deja-vu feeling.

If you truely have written down prophetic dreams that come true, you should enter a controlled test research project, because I've never heard of a true case of scientifically proven prophetic deja-vu.

But, do you recognize those dreams as prophetic/deja-vu before that deja-vu moment, or not till it happens and you recognize it?

Even if you did dream a similar event/experience, your writing it down probably queues your brain to try to match up that with something in real life, even if it is not a complete match... and that triggers the deja-vu feeling.

If you truely have written down prophetic dreams that come true, you should enter a controlled test research project, because I've never heard of a true case of scientifically proven prophetic deja-vu.

no i had deja vue alot

so when i have a real dream you know like a real life deam somthing that could happen

i take note of it

and i do this because i have deja vues alot...if you dont have alot deja vues you cant speak on it

trust me mental powers are real...i have a ok control over my dreams..

Have you tested yourself objectively?

what do you mean?

no i had deja vue alot

so when i have a real dream you know like a real life deam somthing that could happen

i take note of it

and i do this because i have deja vues alot...if you dont have alot deja vues you cant speak on it

trust me mental powers are real...i have a ok control over my dreams..

I'd call them "mental abilities", but I do agree some people are special.

Many people claim to be able to do Lucid Dreaming.

Are you writing the dreams down, or simply trying to remember them?

I'd call them "mental abilities", but I do agree some people are special.

Many people claim to be able to do Lucid Dreaming.

Are you writing the dreams down, or simply trying to remember them?

no i dont right them dwn i try to remember them...

and yea i always have lucid dream...

i have the ability to wake up from a dream when i want and i also can wake up from a dream and go back into that same dream

what do you mean?

Have you tested yourself in a manner which would eliminate a subconscious bias towards the end result? For instance, have you given your dream journal to a third party and had them independently verify that what is written conforms to a higher than statistically expected degree to what occurred? Have you determined how to differentiate between a deja vu dream and a normal dream (incidentally, this isn't deja vu; it is foretelling)? Have you predicted an occurance prior to it having occurred (if something occurs, and then you go back and find it in your journal, chances are good that it isn't a prediction, but rather a post-diction).

no i dont right them dwn i try to remember them...

Then, I am afraid, it is extremely unlikely that you are having prophetic dreams. The human mind is notoriously bad at remembering things, particularly dreams (due to dreams being the result of the brain re-organizing itself and getting rid of excess baggage). The human mind, for all intents and purposes, doesn't remember things in the way most people imagine; as if there was a video of a particular event stored away somewhere. Rather, the human brain is incredibly efficient at literally recreating a memory, almost from scratch, as needed. Unfortunately, the brain is equally adapt at modifying and outright making up images that didn't actually exist, and it can't really tell the difference between them and actual memories.

• Like 3

Have you tested yourself in a manner which would eliminate a subconscious bias towards the end result? For instance, have you given your dream journal to a third party and had them independently verify that what is written conforms to a higher than statistically expected degree to what occurred? Have you determined how to differentiate between a deja vu dream and a normal dream (incidentally, this isn't deja vu; it is foretelling)? Have you predicted an occurance prior to it having occurred (if something occurs, and then you go back and find it in your journal, chances are good that it isn't a prediction, but rather a post-diction).

no my predictions dont come from dreams

i make prediction off what i thi is going to happende

deja vues are something different from predictions

Then, I am afraid, it is extremely unlikely that you are having prophetic dreams. The human mind is notoriously bad at remembering things, particularly dreams (due to dreams being the result of the brain re-organizing itself and getting rid of excess baggage). The human mind, for all intents and purposes, doesn't remember things in the way most people imagine; as if there was a video of a particular event stored away somewhere. Rather, the human brain is incredibly efficient at literally recreating a memory, almost from scratch, as needed. Unfortunately, the brain is equally adapt at modifying and outright making up images that didn't actually exist, and it can't really tell the difference between them and actual memories.

yes ive had dreams where i said watch this might happens in real life and it did

It's called 'thinking'. Not a power

Dreaming is not a mental power. Most mammals dream. Not a power.

It's called selective remembering of previous events and instantly comparing them to the present. Not a power.