Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Animal Planet TV crew capture yowie audio

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostMidKn13ght, on 01 June 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Last night i heard an odd sound out side....it must of been bigfoot!!!!!! i think he was yoodling!!

If he does it again, get a dark blurry photo for us. We like those! :P Oh, and if you "can't" record the sound, that's okay too, just describe it for us! :tu:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 03 June 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#47    terbo559

terbo559

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

that TV show is bogus

#48    Philt

Philt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

We have one of the greatest mimics in nature in Australia ......the Lyre Bird, and believe me they are incredible. I went walking deep into Jamison Valley in the Blue Mountains near Sydney a few years ago and heard someone coughing near by..... now we were the only people around for miles and miles........it was a load deep cough......repeated over and over....scared two shades of ****e out of me...............low and behold it was a Lyre Bird.

#49    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostPhilt, on 19 June 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

We have one of the greatest mimics in nature in Australia ......the Lyre Bird, and believe me they are incredible. I went walking deep into Jamison Valley in the Blue Mountains near Sydney a few years ago and heard someone coughing near by..... now we were the only people around for miles and miles........it was a load deep cough......repeated over and over....scared two shades of ****e out of me...............low and behold it was a Lyre Bird.

Yes, they are incredibly good at it, saw one recently on TV that sounded more like a chainsaw than the real thing !

#50    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

Yeah the lyre birds are wicked. I can picture them hearing a 'yowie' then turning around to see a bird.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#51    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

There are plenty of things is could be yet if you are of the belief that Yowies are real and are immersed in the folklore then everything that goes bump in the night could also be a Yowie.

Make no mistake about it – the Australian bush can be an intimidating place at the best of times. Come the inky darkness of night and it can be downright sinister and it is simply human nature to fill in the blanks:

“We could be being watched right this very moment…”
“Did you hear that?”
“I thought I saw something moving…”
< cue adrenaline >

I put forward the hypothesis that the Yowie is an experience not an actual undocumented species, ghost, alien, or inter-dimensional being. This hypothesis stresses that there is not any evidence for the Yowie that is not misidentified or faked, nor will there ever be. While the subjective experience of the Yowie may be real to the group or individual, the objective reality is quite mundane and distinctly at odds with the alleged experience. Essentially, the Yowie experience is completely imaginary.

Yet in spite of its fictionality, the Yowie will live on because the story is important – it bonds people to one another as it bonds their communities to the land. Imagination plays a significant, but largely unrecognised, role in both our human and cultural experiences.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Ideas for future research?

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#52    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,475 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 19 June 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

I put forward the hypothesis that the Yowie is an experience not an actual undocumented species, ghost, alien, or inter-dimensional being. This hypothesis stresses that there is not any evidence for the Yowie that is not misidentified or faked, nor will there ever be. While the subjective experience of the Yowie may be real to the group or individual, the objective reality is quite mundane and distinctly at odds with the alleged experience. Essentially, the Yowie experience is completely imaginary.

Yet in spite of its fictionality, the Yowie will live on because the story is important – it bonds people to one another as it bonds their communities to the land. Imagination plays a significant, but largely unrecognised, role in both our human and cultural experiences.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Ideas for future research?

I agree.  The experience is called "shi****' yourself".

The best of times are to be had when you're "shi****' yourself".  Doesn't matter if it's aliens, cryptids or ghosts, there's nothing quite like "shi**** yourself" along with your buddies.  And the "true stories" of these events are added to in the telling... forever more.

In my experience.

Edited by Eldorado, 19 June 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#53    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

That is an interesting slant, the psychological importance of mythical creatures, NW. I always enjoy reading your posts !

#54    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

... And, the Right Jack

• 2,836 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

I am sure Moneymaker is all of that right now. He's looking out for business.

we'll see but I won't hold my breath.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#55    Philt

Philt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

I live in the Blue Moutains near Sydney but I also have a 600 acre farm 2.5 hours west of my home near a township called Koorawatha. I have had the farm for well over 10 years niow and it sits empty most of the time except when i look after cattle from the neighbours to help pay rates etc. The farm is 300 acres prime farmland and the other 300 acres goes up into the Allunie Ranges where there are waterfalls (when it rains) caves etc etc.
Now people from the township have told me of tales of the "Koorawatha Hairy Man" that has been know since aboriginal times. It is supposed to roam the Allunie Ranges...........................Well I tell you my kids (who are all in their 20's now) ****e themselves when they heard that and would not go into the mountains alone or at night even if i went with them. So even though we have not seen anything the myth created fear that made everyone hear things etc etc.
Also the neighbours have told me if you are doing any work in the mountains and you uncover any bones (human) cover them back up and move on. They say the local Aboriginals used to bury their dead along the ranges and if you uncovered any and reported it to the authorites they would claim the mountains as sacred ground and not let any one near. It happened two or three farms down from me....................interesting.

#56    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Cant they find anyone better than 4 Sh$tbirds to do this show????

#57    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostDKO, on 19 June 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

Yeah the lyre birds are wicked. I can picture them hearing a 'yowie' then turning around to see a bird.

Did no one see that yowie at the start of the video, on its way to hide behind the tree?? It looks greyish to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users