Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shamir worm

open-minded-skull

Hey all

I wanna ask about the SHAMIR WORM.

Anyone know anything about it?

All i know is that it was a worm used in Israel, the worm could cut through any material, melt metal etc...with the exception of lead, which it was contained in.

The worm was used to cut stone. It is also believed that the worm had radioactive properties...possibly why it was held in lead and why it could do all the things it did? Many believe that the worm was Alien. alien.gif

Another thing...Erich Von Daniken, what can you guys tell me about him? I know very little about him, apart from knowing he had his own ideas about God being an Alien/spaceman from another planet who came here ohmy.gif . notworthy.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NirmalaMaya

• open-minded-skull

• STIX

• jenk

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

never heard of it...try google thumbsup.gif

Cut through any metal other than lead? Thats odd..... I'm a bit of an animal freak but I have never heard of such a impresive worm.

Erich Von Daniken? never heard of him. I sugest you go look on google for the worm and the Erich guy.

I've never heard about that worm either. If you want to read an interesting story than read Von Danikins' work. If you want facts and plausible theories try someone else...

"According to popular Jewish legend, God created a worm called Shamir on the evening of the sixth day, just before the earth's first Sabbath began. Although he was only the size of a grain of barley, Shamir was designed to cut through stone so that the Temple might be built without the use of metal tools. One of Solomon's tasks when he came to the throne was to find this worm. Learning that the demon king, Asmodeus, knew of the worm's whereabouts, Solomon had the demon's well filled with wine. After Asmodeus drank from it and became drunk, he was captured and brought to Solomon where he revealed that Shamir had been carried from the garden of Eden by a bird who kept it hidden still. Solomon then ordered glass bowls placed over all bird's nests in his kingdom. When Shamir came out to cut through the glass of his bird's nest, he was captured and put to work cutting the large stones of the Temple and the gems for the High Priest's breastplate."

http://ww2.netnitco.net/users/legend01/worm.htm