Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Yet more stupidity and cruelty..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

• I am the master of my fate.
    I am the captain of my soul

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:13 PM

P Diddy rapped for selling coats made from dog pelts
Store pulls 'designer' items off shelves after 'fake fur' claim is proved wrong
By Anthony Barnes and Jonathan Owen
Published: 24 December 2006

P Diddy, the king of bling and a fashion inspiration to millions of hip hop fans, has been heavily criticised for selling designer coats made with fur from dogs. The animals, from China, are killed using barbaric methods.

Multi-millionaire Diddy - real name Sean Combs - has been selling the coats under his designer label Sean John. A 122 hooded snorkel jacket was being sold through the Macy's department store's website with an "imitation rabbit fur collar".

But when customers took delivery they found that the jacket carried the wording "genuine raccoon fur". Tests conducted by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), America's largest animal charity, found that the fur actually came from raccoon dogs, which are found across Asia but raised in huge numbers in China specifically for their pelts.

Undercover footage of raccoon dog slaughter and fur production in China filmed by the charity revealed the "gruesome" way the animals are treated.

Kristin Leppert, fur campaign manager for the HSUS, said: "It is a really gruesome process. They are raised in intensive confinement and they are not even unconscious when they are rendered.

"They grab the animals' back legs and throw them down to the ground hitting their head and their bodies - then they hang them up while they are still alive. Our video shows the pile of bodies afterwards and their eyes are still blinking and their heads are still moving. There are millions of them raised and killed in China because there are no animal welfare laws."  source

They posted the video of this somewhere in this forum but it was blocked. I think the topic was called: Animals. Description: You know haw the make a fur coat?  I washed the video and I was shocked for the following 5 days, the way they skinned the racoome dog was gruesome. Now I don't want to buy anithing that is made of skin or fur even if it is shoes. mellow.gif

Posted Image

Sun Raven

#17    m. Moe

m. Moe

UMs Official Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

• I'm that evil voice in your head that tells you to burn things.

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

I think the second option is the best. wink2.gif  Beacause it is living beings we are dealing whith.

I agree with that, but sadly many people just go with the first option because it is easier. sad.gif

Posted Image
Signature by the_scorpian
"Sweet lovely death, I'm waiting for your breath, come sweet death one last caress"
Congrats, you found my subliminal message. Now pat yourself on the back and stop highlighting my signature

#18    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:43 AM

Thats horrific. Sadly education about what is and is not cruel is so poor worldwide is shocking. Some people do not understand that these animals are living creatures and that this is something that is not acceptable. However some people are just c***s

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users